Login

russian armor

Veterency

27 Oct 2013, 12:50 PM

Hi all,

Just recently the majority of games i find myself playing I seem to be coming up against triple vet soviet squads really early, where as it seems to take forever for my troops to gain the vet.

Is veterency linked to use of abilities? If so do you gain xp everytime you use moltov and oorah? seems pretty cheap compared to ost abilities?

Just trying to understand how soviets seem to gain it much quicker.

Cheers
27 Oct 2013, 13:01 PM
Patrion 14

I would really like to know more details myself. From what I know, is that unit XP is dealt 75% from damage dealtt and 25% from damage recieved. As for XP kickers when a unit is killed, I have no idea if that XP is given to the actual unit or if it provides XP towards commandpoints. Would be nice to have some clarifications on this.
27 Oct 2013, 13:22 PM

Permanently Banned
I suppose one way to test this is simply to watch the xp bar when you throw a Molotov or use Oorah.

After that, can roughly test whether killing an entire Gren squad with a Molotov nets more xp than killing it with small arms (and taking as little dmg with the Con during the tests as possible, to reduce the dmg received xp).

Aside from that we can request that Relic explain it, or that someone takes time to dig through the gamemfiles to investigate it...
27 Oct 2013, 13:46 PM

Is veterency linked to use of abilities? If so do you gain xp everytime you use moltov and oorah? seems pretty cheap compared to ost abilities?

No, i'm fairly certain that's not the case.

The XP kickers when a unit is killed provides XP towards commandpoints.

Since 75% veterancy is received from damage dealt, damaging vehicles with their comparably large HP pool can give quite some experience boost. That's the reason why Panzergrenadiere with Schrecks level up so fast.

Equip your grenadiers with LMGs, they should level up faster than any conscript.

27 Oct 2013, 15:11 PM

Yeah XP is on the 75/25 right now but is currently being reworked by Relic. If the soviets are getting veterancy before you early in the game (when a lot of battles are grens vs. cons) you are likely just being outplayed right now. His infantry is beating yours.
27 Oct 2013, 16:32 PM

No, i'm fairly certain that's not the case.

The XP kickers when a unit is killed provides XP towards commandpoints.

Since 75% veterancy is received from damage dealt, damaging vehicles with their comparably large HP pool can give quite some experience boost. That's the reason why Panzergrenadiere with Schrecks level up so fast.

Equip your grenadiers with LMGs, they should level up faster than any conscript.

+1
Veterancy for infantry is pretty good,it is in fact a bit in the favor of Germans,Grenadiers make nice vet against Conscripts as Conscripts die very easily...Conscripts obtain more of their vet from AT Nades and lucky molotovs if the German player is sleeping or is a complete retard and doesn't move his Gren squad
What bothers me is the FlamHT veterancy,from 5 or 6 Conscripts killed it already has 1 Veterancy,if it reaches level 2 then it's gg
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★