Login

russian armor

Users last post

13 Dec 2012, 17:58 PM
Coder Red Badge

Not sure if i just did not find this feature, but it would be nice to see users latest posts. This link could be found in public profile view for example. Also it would be nice to see my own latest posts under the top right navigation (the one with the "My Profile", "My Files" etc).
14 Dec 2012, 01:47 AM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

We would love to add this feature. It's on the to-do list.
15 Dec 2012, 01:15 AM
Honorary Member Badge

maybe instead of just the last post how about latest posts like on the coh forums. only there is 1 to 5 without uncolasping the menu to view more.
15 Dec 2012, 08:20 AM
Coder Red Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Dec 2012, 01:15 AMWiFiDi
maybe instead of just the last post how about latest posts

Hm, did you even read my post? I noticed that my title is a bit misleading, but could not change that later.
15 Dec 2012, 08:41 AM

Well, there is another feature that might be considered adding, a title editor :P
15 Dec 2012, 09:54 AM
Honorary Member Badge

a title editor as well as a post delete option. I want to be able to remove my own double posts thank you very much.
15 Dec 2012, 10:13 AM
Coder Red Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Dec 2012, 09:54 AMWiFiDi
a title editor as well as a post delete option. I want to be able to remove my own double posts thank you very much.

Deleting your own posts may cause a mess. Imagine you were in active discussion, but accidentally deleted your post. Replies of the one you were discussing with may not make sense anymore.

Maybe to allow a delete post button for a period of time (1 minute or smth) if the previous post is also belonging to you?
15 Dec 2012, 10:24 AM
Honorary Member Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Dec 2012, 10:13 AMJAnx

Deleting your own posts may cause a mess. Imagine you were in active discussion, but accidentally deleted your post. Replies of the one you were discussing with may not make sense anymore.

Maybe to allow a delete post button for a period of time (1 minute or smth) if the previous post is also belonging to you?

idk its never caused a mess for me as i use the quote feature and that doesn't get deleted. that and people don't go around deleting post left and right in my experience but definitely something to think about.
15 Dec 2012, 11:08 AM
Coder Red Badge

I have exactly vice-versa story to tell. I have seen dude deleting first post of the thread so the second posts author + post became as a first post. Of course it is a kind of developer flaw, but i see that people will most definitely make mistakes on deleting their posts.

Also, using quotes too much is a bad idea, since it makes thread long and hard (thatswhatshesaid) to read.

On the other hand, the prompt for certain time can be shown. For example if you post in 1 minute time frame after your last post into same thread, prompt can be shown (do you actually want to post or is it a some kind of miss click). After 1 minute, you can post without a warning.

There is also another way. Since "Edit" is provided, 2 posts in a row could be disabled at all times :)
Seb
15 Dec 2012, 15:52 PM
Admin Black Badge

Delete post and edit title are there but we don't want to allow people to use it because the mess it can create. Just contact an admin if you need one of those to be done.

There's already a prevention of double post, if it doesn't work I can improve it but I haven't seen the issue happening in a long time.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★