Login

russian armor

2vs2 help

14 Oct 2013, 23:58 PM

What are the solid 2vs2 Ostheer strategies right now?

Me and my teammate are getting steam rolled by everything lately, really fast T-70s, SU-85 spam, even both players going T-34 & T-34/85! - and poor match making (putting us against top 150+ players) doesn't help either.

While our playstyle/ability might be at fault, I'd want first take some advice on strategies we could use, to see if we can do well with something that works for other people.
15 Oct 2013, 00:52 AM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

15 Oct 2013, 04:22 AM

You have a choice between both players going T2, or one guy going T2 and one guy going T3 quickly (usually building a fuel OP or two).

The T2 player should have a build order something like Halftrack --> PG ---> PaK and then his choice. The PaK needs to be on the field by 7 minutes to be in position in case of a fast T70.

Obviously a scout car can be added at any point in the build to counter snipers and M3 scout cars.

As far as T1, at least one of you should be getting LMGs on all his grens (the guy going t2 can save for a flamer halftrack or also get LMGs). People don't like the nerfed MG but I think with how crowded 2v2 gets they are an excellent unit, just don't get too many... I personally think it's dangerous to have more MGs then grens on the field, as you need fausts around.

Double T3 is an all-in option in my opinion, because you lose to well-microed SU85 + T34 + At gun, even if you use paks. If you go double T3 you need to attack at some point (use recon run) and do some damage. Otherwise, the guy who doesn't go T3 can go T4 and get a panther or a panzerwerfer as the situation dictates.

Tigers seem a good choice now, and I believe there's a doctrine with the MHT and the tiger, both are good choices in 2v2, especially if you're the guy going T3.

15 Oct 2013, 06:58 AM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 117

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Oct 2013, 04:22 AMDanielD
Tigers seem a good choice now, and I believe there's a doctrine with the MHT and the tiger, both are good choices in 2v2, especially if you're the guy going T3.

You're thinking of Spearhead Doctrine.
(Oh, look who wrote that guide. Why, it's computerheat and DanielD!)
15 Oct 2013, 12:00 PM

Well Tensai and i used to win against good teams aswell but now for some reason we have trouble with even lower ranked teams. In the past one went T2 (after T1) and the other fast T3 with 2 fuel OP`s as DanielD stated, always getting LMG`s on Grens. Tensai always got a Elephant at some point and i got that Howi doctrine with PAK43. Along with the P4`s a very solid AT counter, adapting as the game progressed.

What are your ideas if one goes Osttruppen doctrine? i`ve seen Hans doing it with his buddy but it seems everything is set around keeping your flamer HT alive or get overrun by Shocks midgame. It seems that shocks + At guns + Maxims and Su85 completly counter that ost strat and that it`s only viable early game. Can someone shed a light?

thx
18 Oct 2013, 17:01 PM
Donator 22

try this one:

http://www.coh2.org/guides/8792/ostheer-2v2-strategy-combined-arms

It helps me a lot and we've won the last 5 games :)
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 84
Poland 8

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment