Login

russian armor

For Mother Russia

13 Oct 2013, 21:04 PM

Does anyone use this for a particular strat? It seems to have some potential, but it's so expensive.

So I'm asking, can anyone please post the modifiers of this ability? Right now I'm unsure if it's worth 150 munitions..since it also exhausts your infantry after it wore off. A good bonus for the duration would make it quite usable though.

Anyone have any experience with this ability?
14 Oct 2013, 04:19 AM

Not sure about the exact stats, but I had a shock squad solo a pgren and two upgraded grens and wipe all of them out. It's defenetly worth it if you want to win a large infantry fight but you have to be aware of the debuffs afterwards.

If I had to guess it seems to have similar buffs to the forward hq, but I noticed some extra resistance to pinning as we'll.
16 Oct 2013, 19:20 PM

16 Oct 2013, 19:32 PM

If "multiply_add" is doing what I think it is, it does +100% damage, +100% armor, +2 posture speed (no idea what that one is) for 60 seconds.
Afterwards it is 50% damage dealt and double damage received for 60 seconds (and -1 posture speed, whatever that is).

At least this is what I read from the file, it looks rather repetitive with only very small differences between repetitions.
16 Oct 2013, 19:33 PM

Permanently Banned
It paints the entire map a lovely shade of soviet red.

I have no idea what it does.
17 Oct 2013, 00:39 AM

I'd like a +25% armor, +10% damage for 50 munition for 30s.
17 Oct 2013, 03:26 AM

Permanently Banned
The ability sounds interesting for use just before a blizzard.
As the clock starts, make your move, them consolidate under cover of weather.
17 Oct 2013, 04:25 AM

Posture speed basically means, for whatever base speed for the posture that infantry is in, increase it by that bonus.

So if infantry are crawling, they still gain a speed bonus.

For Mother Russia is incredibly useful. But you absolutely have to take the position you assault since the penalty will mean your infantry will be off the field for quite some time. It's difficult to use in team games since if an enemy teammate comes to counter your push, you'll be on a penalty for that fight.

By the way, that bonus applies to AT Gun and AT grenade damage.

Not so useful prior to a blizzard. You want full speed and line of sight to do lots of flanking with that huge speed bonus. It is essentially made for shock troops which are paired with it.
17 Oct 2013, 05:34 AM

Permanently Banned
You have full speed and LoS prior to a blizzard.
17 Oct 2013, 06:46 AM

Immediately prior, but I thought you meant pop it just before a blizzard hits.

Either way, grabbing positions in a huge fight just before a blizzard that makes it hard to retaliate can work.
17 Oct 2013, 07:13 AM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post17 Oct 2013, 06:46 AMTurtle
Immediately prior, but I thought you meant pop it just before a blizzard hits. Either way, grabbing positions in a huge fight just before a blizzard that makes it hard to retaliate can work.
Then you thought or read wrong.

I said quite specifically when the blizzard clock starts, which is 60 before the blizzard and coincidentally also the duration of For Mothet Russia.

Sorry if I was unclear.

When the blizzard begins you can compensate the debuff with reduced LoS, speed and various abilities being disabled for the duration.
17 Oct 2013, 07:31 AM

It's situational. Going into the blizzard with the blizzard debuff and the mother russia debuff means any counter attack, even small, will push you back.

In fact, once people get experienced with the ability will tend to withdraw, giving up ground and trying to keep units health for an immediate counter-counter attack using vehicles.
17 Oct 2013, 07:46 AM

Permanently Banned
I disagree entirely, but whatever.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 21
unknown 11
unknown 8

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W