Login

russian armor

vs double MG42 & mortar halftracks

7 Oct 2013, 19:15 PM
7 Oct 2013, 19:26 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 117

Do you have a replay of this game? If you could post a link to it here, it would be much easier to give you useful feedback. You the replay upload tool here: http://www.coh2.org/replays/upload
7 Oct 2013, 20:20 PM

A M3 with guards should be able to take out the mortar halftrack quickly. Then use the M3 to flank the HMGs.

The Su-85 is only good against armor. If you want to assault a defensive position, a Katyusha or even a Su-76 is better. The Pak is immobile and the Panzerschrecks have lower range than the Su-85 so you normally should not lose it to this combination.

If you are losing your snipers to rifle grenades, you are using them wrong. They have much longer range and you should move them often enough (and pay lots of attention to them) anyways to protect them from the mortar HT and flanking units.

I have to agree with computerheat, a replay would be very useful :)
7 Oct 2013, 21:27 PM

The situation sounds like it's screaming for a T-70
8 Oct 2013, 07:27 AM
Patrion 14

If you didnt save it, but its the last game you played, there is still a temp file saved. Rename the tempfile and voila, recording is saved.
11 Oct 2013, 03:59 AM

I'd say avoid the MGs early game and cap other points. If they're camping fuel use multiple conscripts to flank and take out the MG. Come at them from different angles and it should work out.

As for the mortar halftracks, you can go after them with AT grenades and guards or tech to a quick T70 and chase and destroy them.

Snipers can also work vs the MGs but with the mortar you really have to micro them cause one shell can demolish the squad.

Also, maybe you could try guards in an M3 to try to flank the halftracks and surprise them? I've never tried this but maybe it would work.
12 Oct 2013, 08:04 AM

Thanks a lot for the replies, I'll keep that t-70 in mind now.

I'm afraid there will be no replays, all of mine got erased when I logged in today.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 5
Korea, Republic Of 5
Germany 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak