Login

russian armor

Panthers require a speed nerf

8 Oct 2013, 18:08 PM

an at gun can tank more shots, and the su does not have the maneuvering ability to escape.

also what are you supposed to suport the su with? mines? At guns? dont answer with doctrinal units. and panthers can soak ATnades with little effort.

What I meant to say about the SU-85s advantage over a Pak/Zis was that it´s an armored unit in general. While tanks need less shots to finish off a SU-85 than an AT-gun, the SU-85 has the advantage of being armored: How many AT-guns did I lose to small arms fire? - I can´t count it. How many SU-85s did I lose to small arms fire? - One, and that was a vet 2 MG42 firing at an almost dead vehicle with special ammo from the side.

Efficient support for SU-85: One conscript-squad with the AT-nade upgrade. This will definately stop P4s and force Panthers into a 50/50 (???) situation to get their engine damaged most German players won´t risk. If you are facing Panthers you are close to a second SU-85. Alternatively an AT-gun can do.

I think Blitzkrieg should totally be reworked. That´s the problem. As of now I have no idea however how it could be fixed.
8 Oct 2013, 21:58 PM

The best support for SU-85s is actually T-34s, but good luck getting the resources to tech back and built extra tanks.

Second to that, mines are your best bet. Always mine the sides along areas you know you want to park the SU-85.
8 Oct 2013, 23:47 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Oct 2013, 21:58 PMTurtle
The best support for SU-85s is actually T-34s, but good luck getting the resources to tech back and built extra tanks.

Second to that, mines are your best bet. Always mine the sides along areas you know you want to park the SU-85.

The only strategy against Panthers I figured out that works is either Guards + ISU-152 or KV-1s + SU-85s.

Ironically this can only be done with pay2win
8 Oct 2013, 23:53 PM

The only strategy against Panthers I figured out that works is either Guards + ISU-152 or KV-1s + SU-85s.

Ironically this can only be done with pay2win

The Guards + ISU-152 commander can be unlocked for free with a key provided for free by Alienware (just use a trash mail account to sign up or something).
9 Oct 2013, 01:17 AM

Seriously, how do you counter this? I just lost a game when they had 29 points because of 3 panthers? They went in, destroyed every single vehicle we had, pulled back at light speed to repair, and repeat...
9 Oct 2013, 02:01 AM

3 panthers=lots of fuel, you had already lost. What were you doing while they were teching to t4 and building 3 panthers?
9 Oct 2013, 02:58 AM

The game lasted around 50-ish minutes. We were holding the corner(Rostov) We were fighting off enemy incursions and they used Panthers as their main force. Mines and heavy AT warded them off, but they could get out just fine.

The cycle: Send Panther in, destroy all vehicles with ease, retreat at light speed, REPEAT = VET PANTHERS
9 Oct 2013, 04:44 AM

The game lasted around 50-ish minutes. We were holding the corner(Rostov) We were fighting off enemy incursions and they used Panthers as their main force. Mines and heavy AT warded them off, but they could get out just fine.

The cycle: Send Panther in, destroy all vehicles with ease, retreat at light speed, REPEAT = VET PANTHERS

where is your guards and conscript doing? AT nade and button their ass and eat them and no one have T34 to ram them?
9 Oct 2013, 07:40 AM

Good luck ramming Panther against semi skilled opponent. Same goes for AT nades and Button when he got a smoke.
9 Oct 2013, 07:48 AM

As usual in threads like this, we mix experiences from 1v1 and 2v2+.

Please realise, that the Panther poses an all together bigger problem in 2v2+ because it is possible for one player to build 3 without jeopardising his game. In 1v1 that's almost impossible unless, as stated above, the soviet player allready threw the game.

It's like 3 Panthers (or most other tanks for that matter) are beyond some kind of a breaking point. It's just not feasible to prepare and fit in enough defense to stop such a push at every possible location.
9 Oct 2013, 08:19 AM
Developer Relic Badge
Donator 11

How can you save 1800MP and 390Fuel in a 2vs2 if you have not already won? I'd say that you and your partner are much much better than your opponents if you can do it, or you have already secured the win.
9 Oct 2013, 09:02 AM

You have 2 players? What's so strange in 2 Panthers in 2v2 and beyond?
9 Oct 2013, 10:03 AM

2v2 PLUS! Meaning also 3v3 and 4v4.

How is it possible, you ask? Well, I dunno. Watch replays because it happens.
9 Oct 2013, 12:12 PM
Developer Relic Badge
Donator 11

He specifically said "for one player". I saw this happen sometimes in 3vs3 and most likely in 4vs4, but never in 2vs2.
9 Oct 2013, 12:20 PM

He specifically said "for one player". I saw this happen sometimes in 3vs3 and most likely in 4vs4, but never in 2vs2.

I think he is talking about Rostov, it I remember correctly.. Thats 4v4 map, isn't it?
9 Oct 2013, 13:10 PM

I agree panther is too speed
9 Oct 2013, 13:43 PM

Take away it´s speed and what does it got? Mediocre range and somewhat better survivability than the Panzer IV. Compared to the real thing the Panther is ridiculously weak already. It was a fast tank with great frontal armor and one of the best anti tank guns of the war. Right now it feels like a slightly better Panzer IV.

Blitzkrieg needs a change not the Panther itself. If it gets any slower, increase the gun range. Right now I´m better served playing Germans by building Panzer IVs only.

Most people here seem to forget it´s meant to be the best non-doctrinal anti tank in the game (it was like that in Coh1 and for this price in Coh2 it also should be).
9 Oct 2013, 14:11 PM

What I meant to say about the SU-85s advantage over a Pak/Zis was that it´s an armored unit in general. While tanks need less shots to finish off a SU-85 than an AT-gun, the SU-85 has the advantage of being armored: How many AT-guns did I lose to small arms fire? - I can´t count it. How many SU-85s did I lose to small arms fire? - One, and that was a vet 2 MG42 firing at an almost dead vehicle with special ammo from the side.

Efficient support for SU-85: One conscript-squad with the AT-nade upgrade. This will definately stop P4s and force Panthers into a 50/50 (???) situation to get their engine damaged most German players won´t risk. If you are facing Panthers you are close to a second SU-85. Alternatively an AT-gun can do.

I think Blitzkrieg should totally be reworked. That´s the problem. As of now I have no idea however how it could be fixed.

the amount of su lost to tanks is bigger than the amount of ATguns lost to tanks. AT guns even rotate faster. and curiously i loose more tanks to shreks than i loose AT guns to small arm fire.

su are weak vs shreck pgreenz wich curiously have a leeway for going in the front if you decide to go t4. what are you gona do to stop the pgreens? please dont tell me its a doctrinal unit.

panther are A-ok in regards of balance, the ones that need buffing are the soviet tanks.

right now 2 SU cant do anything vs a panther. and they need ehtier tactical restrictions(guards commander only), luck (mines), limited agresiveness (mega good positioning) the last one being a temporary death sentence, because the dama the su does just add to its vetereancy.
9 Oct 2013, 19:50 PM

Rostov is 3v3 and 4v4.

Just played it btw: german side had 4 elephants at the same time...I didn't have time to count the number of Panthers also plowing the map.

Awfull...
9 Oct 2013, 20:15 PM
Donator 22

Take away it´s speed and what does it got? Mediocre range and somewhat better survivability than the Panzer IV. Compared to the real thing the Panther is ridiculously weak already. It was a fast tank with great frontal armor and one of the best anti tank guns of the war. Right now it feels like a slightly better Panzer IV.

Blitzkrieg needs a change not the Panther itself. If it gets any slower, increase the gun range. Right now I´m better served playing Germans by building Panzer IVs only.

Most people here seem to forget it´s meant to be the best non-doctrinal anti tank in the game (it was like that in Coh1 and for this price in Coh2 it also should be).

++1
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 44
unknown 41
South Africa 1
Germany 410
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W