Login

russian armor

Panthers require a speed nerf

7 Oct 2013, 18:29 PM

su speed should be buffed up. they reduced it too much. too much. the tank can barely move now, cant chase the panzer 4 its top speed is meager.

LOL someone cant spam su85s all day long ... sniff sniff.
7 Oct 2013, 20:07 PM

Grow up, "man"...

IMO, the Su-85 really has been toned down a bit too much. It's pretty much the only unit that can (and should) deal with Ostheer armour.

1vs1 seems ok, but in 2vs2, Su-85 spam has turned into Panther spam. I just wish they can finally get the spam fixed. On both sides. Maybe you can name a soviet tank that you fear in game...
7 Oct 2013, 20:35 PM

if you can take look at the botom of the piramid........
at least i got to the middle.

7 Oct 2013, 20:41 PM

Grow up, "man"...

IMO, the Su-85 really has been toned down a bit too much. It's pretty much the only unit that can (and should) deal with Ostheer armour.

1vs1 seems ok, but in 2vs2, Su-85 spam has turned into Panther spam. I just wish they can finally get the spam fixed. On both sides. Maybe you can name a soviet tank that you fear in game...

i think the main problem is that the nerfs were progresive. first the nerf on the focused sight then the total speed nerf. both nerfs made the sight skill unusable offensively (perhaps this was intended) and the tank got to a point were it cant be used withouth a doctinal unit, severly limiting its viability. just seeing the recent spotlighted 2v2 game tells you about the su maneuvering problems
7 Oct 2013, 22:04 PM

Grow up, "man"...

Right the guy who plays soviets only and pre patch obviously abused the op su85 is now crying at such a minor nerf. Grow up soviet fangirl!

Bohoohooh I cant enable focussed sight and kill everything with my 115 fuel monster. Lets cry on forums because otherwise how will I ever defend mother Russia in a video game. Cryyyy

The pre patch su85 was a warp speed reversing OP unit runing games. Of course you playing soviets only loved it.

Fortunately the fact that relic patched it means that neutral players too thought the su85 was way too op.

Now back to panther ... for 600 mp sure give it a speed nerf but then it badly needs an AI buff.
7 Oct 2013, 22:07 PM

i think the main problem is that the nerfs were progresive. first the nerf on the focused sight then the total speed nerf. both nerfs made the sight skill unusable offensively (perhaps this was intended) and the tank got to a point were it cant be used withouth a doctinal unit, severly limiting its viability. just seeing the recent spotlighted 2v2 game tells you about the su maneuvering problems

oh the HORROR su85 now has to be cautious or else it may be flanked .... looks like the patch change worked exactly as intended.

No more spamming su85s for insta win and using them to spearhead assaults with that super cone ability.

Did you miss that 30 page thread on the OP su85 pre patch or did you convinently ignore it since that may interfere with your su85 spamming ?
7 Oct 2013, 22:11 PM

1vs1 seems ok, but in 2vs2, Su-85 spam has turned into Panther spam. I just wish they can finally get the spam fixed

Can you read, dude?

All you do is throw around cheap insults, making yourself seem like a fanboy. You make me laugh...

Also, I do not play soviets only. And I never spammed SU-85... where do you get your information from, kiddo?
7 Oct 2013, 22:32 PM

Can you read, dude?

All you do is throw around cheap insults, making yourself seem like a fanboy. You make me laugh...

Also, I do not play soviets only. And I never spammed SU-85... where do you get your information from, kiddo?

you know this got me thinking spam is the new op. i never needed more than 1 or 2 to beat Germans. the same happens with panthers not more than 2 needed. yet people still call it spam.

also, why do you answers his posts. to this point i dont know what the 2 post above you say.
7 Oct 2013, 22:32 PM

Let's not get to personal and focus on the arguments about the game itself. I don't believe panthers are too strong. They are a very late game unit, that costs a lot. It should be good, especially since tigers are rather ineffective for their cost at the moment. It's the germans non doctrinal at solution. SU85s are still very good. But they are not the end-all of all german armour is they used to be. If AT nades are unrealiable, have two squads or guards or a mine. It's not like soviets don't have vehicle snares. Balance arguments for match ups above 2v2 are not really relevant as those can never be balanced, if you want to have a decent one vs one etc
7 Oct 2013, 22:55 PM

The only speed adjustment I'd like to see is removing blitzkrieg when the engine is damaged. Allowing it to be used with a busted engine is such a horrible design decision it's almost unfathomable.
8 Oct 2013, 00:30 AM

Good God does the whining ever stop.............
8 Oct 2013, 00:55 AM

Let's see the vet change in next patch
8 Oct 2013, 09:23 AM

I dunno. The more I use the Zis, the better I like it. But positioning correctly is very important.

And you have to remember that there are also bulletins that improve its penetration rate. We don't want to turn a field AT into an insta-killer?
8 Oct 2013, 10:04 AM

Think of the SU-85 as an armored anti tank gun. With the highest range of any non-doctrinal vehicle in the game and decent armor it should have only slightly better chances of escaping than a Pak or Zis. If you don´t support it in the first place, that´s your fault. If it got any mobility back, the gun-range would have to be decreased. It can still excel at it´s job if you use it as an AT-gun.

The Panther on the contrary - in this game - has been made to flank it seems. Thus it needs the speed. It has less range than a SU-85 and therefor needs to drive up close. If the Panther was to get a decrease in speed, it´s gun range should be tuned up to more believable range (aka 60) to distinguish it from a Panzer IV.

The Panther had a speed of 55km/h btw. compared to the Panzer IVs 38km/h - so why shouldn´t it be faster?

The real problem in this game I see with Blitzkrieg ability, not the regular speed.

8 Oct 2013, 11:22 AM

The real problem in this game I see with Blitzkrieg ability, not the regular speed.

totally agree. If im honest, i dont rly see the blizkrieg ability to be fitting for the panther(and especially for a tiger... rly? a tiger racing 70km/h?)at all. Why not to give panther more unique and better fitting vet ability for its role as a tankdestroyer? And for tiger as a heavy tank.
8 Oct 2013, 12:14 PM

Think of the SU-85 as an armored anti tank gun. With the highest range of any non-doctrinal vehicle in the game and decent armor it should have only slightly better chances of escaping than a Pak or Zis. If you don´t support it in the first place, that´s your fault. If it got any mobility back, the gun-range would have to be decreased. It can still excel at it´s job if you use it as an AT-gun.

The Panther on the contrary - in this game - has been made to flank it seems. Thus it needs the speed. It has less range than a SU-85 and therefor needs to drive up close. If the Panther was to get a decrease in speed, it´s gun range should be tuned up to more believable range (aka 60) to distinguish it from a Panzer IV.

The Panther had a speed of 55km/h btw. compared to the Panzer IVs 38km/h - so why shouldn´t it be faster?

The only problem with Panther I have is:

Panther with damaged engine + blitz

SU85 close control

8 Oct 2013, 13:32 PM

The only problem with Panther I have is:

Panther with damaged engine + blitz

SU85 close control

Nice one... :D
8 Oct 2013, 14:27 PM

I will be happy with a veterancy tweak (no hit add with stars) and removing the speed buff if engine is damage,
8 Oct 2013, 16:27 PM

The speed nerf on the SU-85 now allows all tanks to easily run away from the SU-85. Previously the SU-85 could pursue and destroy unsupported tanks.

Before the nerf, German tanks needed Vet 1 to operate unsupported. Now they don't.

Is that balanced? Opinions will vary. But it is certainly harder for the Soviets than it was before.
8 Oct 2013, 17:07 PM

an at gun can tank more shots, and the su does not have the maneuvering ability to escape.

also what are you supposed to suport the su with? mines? At guns? dont answer with doctrinal units. and panthers can soak ATnades with little effort.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 51
Germany 1054
Russian Federation 17
Netherlands 14
Netherlands 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L