Login

russian armor

Wishlist for USF Changes Next Patch

4 Apr 2019, 19:08 PM

I know I've got a reputation for bias toward USF but I'm going to try to be objective here and ask for some changes if possible:

I used to use Rifle Company but now it seems like the two best most effective commanders (to me) are Mechanized (I play 80% of the time) and Heavy Cavalry (The other 20% of the time). I used to like the Easy 8 and that and WP are about the only reasons to pick Rifle Company but the E8 just seems pretty lackluster for its price especially compared to the significantly cheaper Sherman 76 for Mechanized Company. The E8 currently is the only Sherman variant without an alternate type of ammunition. They should, IMHO, give it the ability to alternate between WP shells and the standard ammunition it already uses. It would increase the E8's versatility, kind of go along with the WP theme of the Commander, and incidently let you reenact the 2014 film, Fury.

The other thing I would like to see which may be more of a stretch is giving the Pershing a pintle mounted .50 cal upgrade and a dozer blade upgrade for 80 munitions each for better AI and increased health, plus it would look really cool and the vehicle is pretty pricey for what it is.
4 Apr 2019, 19:19 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Apr 2019, 19:08 PMCODGUY
I know I've got a reputation for bias toward USF but I'm going to try to be objective here and ask for some changes if possible:

I used to use Rifle Company but now it seems like the two best most effective commanders (to me) are Mechanized (I play 80% of the time) and Heavy Cavalry (The other 20% of the time). I used to like the Easy 8 and that and WP are about the only reasons to pick Rifle Company but the E8 just seems pretty lackluster for its price especially compared to the significantly cheaper Sherman 76 for Mechanized Company. The E8 currently is the only Sherman variant without an alternate type of ammunition. They should, IMHO, give it the ability to alternate between WP shells and the standard ammunition it already uses. It would increase the E8's versatility, kind of go along with the WP theme of the Commander, and incidently let you reenact the 2014 film, Fury.

The other thing I would like to see which may be more of a stretch is giving the Pershing a pintle mounted .50 cal upgrade and a dozer blade upgrade for 80 munitions each for better AI and increased health, plus it would look really cool and the vehicle is pretty pricey for what it is.

The WP shell could work as an ability, similar to comets.
Though the biggest lackluster in that doctrine is the rifles sprint with both a debuff and an ammo cost
The 50cal on Pershing i think would be a huge overkill, the AI DPS is already most likely the best.
Dozer blade makes sense and could work

P.S. thumbs up for putting up something constructive and sensible for once
4 Apr 2019, 19:34 PM
Senior Strategist Badge

Don't know if the dozer blade could be properly modeled, or if it would be historically accurate.

I also think a mounted 50 cal would conflict with how the pershing throws grenades out the hatch after vet 2.

Not entirely sure on these though.
5 Apr 2019, 05:24 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Doesn't belong in state office.

/moved.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Korea, Republic Of 10
Germany 2
unknown 1

Ladders Top 10

• #