Login

russian armor

Strumpioneer Rush Counter As soviets?

31 Mar 2019, 06:52 AM

I'm having very hard time countering Strumpioners in early game as a soviet player. I've noticed many players rush my soviet engineers with Strumpioners and force me to retreat. By the time I get first penal squad comes out it seems I lose a lot of territory. Any ideas on what to do early?
31 Mar 2019, 07:31 AM
Donator 11

Penal start is a slow one for the soviets. Nominally, the quick start would be to build some conscripts before your first tech. That way you get the early advantage, but you need to remember that as the game progresses volks will overpower your troops.

That is why penal spam is still the most common build, even though it gives you early disadvantage. You just have to deal with that as a distadvantage of that particular build. If you don't want to change the build, which is understandable, you just need to play conservatively till you get the units you want out. Your okw opponent might get more land in the beginning, but you will be able to retake it as soon as your M3 and penal squads hit the field.
5 Apr 2019, 06:17 AM

Penal start is a slow one for the soviets. Nominally, the quick start would be to build some conscripts before your first tech. That way you get the early advantage, but you need to remember that as the game progresses volks will overpower your troops.

That is why penal spam is still the most common build, even though it gives you early disadvantage. You just have to deal with that as a distadvantage of that particular build. If you don't want to change the build, which is understandable, you just need to play conservatively till you get the units you want out. Your okw opponent might get more land in the beginning, but you will be able to retake it as soon as your M3 and penal squads hit the field.

Thank you for the feedback. I guess it makes sense that Penals is a slow start for Soviets.
5 Apr 2019, 07:34 AM

A slightly quicker, cheaper option is to invest in a second combat engineer squad rather than a con squad.

Between mine laying and repairs, flamethrowers and sweepers, that one engineer squad is lot less of a long term liability. Sturmpios will still own the field until your penals arrive, but you can cap in two directions with two engineer squads. You'll at least own some ground.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★