Login

russian armor

2v2+ most useful doctrine choices

1 Oct 2013, 06:44 AM

I'm mostly a 1v1 player, but I play the occasional teamgame. I was wondering what people think are the most useful doctrines when playing team games?

My own observations:

The big tank destroyers are very good (ISU, elephant) Teamgames tend to be long so you get a lot of chances to score tank kills.

Artillery is useful, stalemates or very strong positions are less of a problem if you have a howitzer. So doctrines that have these are good.

PAK43 can be good, sort of like the big TDs it will let you keep an area free of tanks. Easy to decrew though.

The opel truck seems a given good choice for teams due to the resource advantage it can give you.

But what I'm really asking I guess is if there are any particular doctrines that you can build a strategy around?

1 Oct 2013, 17:02 PM

I don't play any teamgames bigger than 2v2 so the following comments are based on that mode:

As Germans the Elefant is a very good unit to center your strategy around, particular the Jaegar Armour doctrine as you will also have recon run + stuka bomb. Mortar halftracks from the other player are helpful as well to deny area to the enemy early on (and burn out buildings).

For Soviets, go for any KV-8/Shock commander in conjunction with a Mark Target/Guard commander. Unless they have an Elefant it will be very difficult to take your mechanized army head on in the late game.

I don't feel Opel Blitz is essential for 2v2 (I personally never use it) but I can imagine it being pretty broken in 3v3+, especially when paired with that strafing run.
2 Oct 2013, 02:03 AM

for germans
Festung support + Jaegar Armor is my favor, play defensive late game and use 2 105 to bomb the enemy base(1 for each player just nonstop barrage it) and other 105 to bomb enemy strong hold with Jaegar Armor scout plane to find out where is the enemy forces at.

for soviet
mechanized support + terror tactic (or anti infantry) is my favor, only problem with terror tactic is there is no scout plane while it have 152mm depend on play style i like 152mm so i choose terror tactic most time. also terror tactic have strike bombing which is same as mechanized support, it could be great if enemy go for elefant you just need get a guard button it and two player use strike bombing on that elefant, then it is pretty much dead, 152mm also quite effective to counter elefant.

Since the new patch i tried Urban defense commander in 2v2, in certain maps it is very useful to turn a enemy building at enemy cutoff point into FHQ and hold it to lock out enemy supply in early mid game. although your infantry is quite weak like no guard or shocks but it got M42 AT which is very useful to counter T2, also a MG in FHQ and 1-2 con next to FHQ enemy can't really push you out of that sector, one game me and my fiend locked them out so long when they got 2 P4 on the field, we have 5 SU85 on the map already
2 Oct 2013, 15:23 PM

armored assault tactits.

because.

and others

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 48
Korea, Republic Of 9

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W