Login

russian armor

1v1 playing as ukf CC please

5 Mar 2019, 12:42 PM

https://www.coh2.org/replay/86949/ukf-v-wehr-1v1-c-c-please/page/1#post_id727950

Had a pretty good match looking for cc. My micro needs work, there were a few whipes which i could have avoided but my attention was held elsewhere. Any tips for improving that are welcome. How's my build order? Usually go three IS then MG, but bringing one out a step earlier seems the better option.
9 Mar 2019, 14:56 PM

Sorry this review is waaay overdue, but I've just been insanely busy at work :(
My style of writing might come of as blunt, but I mean well and hope this will help you improve for future battles :)

I'll write this review while I'm watching, which means that I won't know what happens next:

- In the opening game try to make a habit of using your infantry to build sandbags while capping. it's free hard cover that can come in handy later and your men can't move out of the capping circle anyway so you might as well keep them busy. If you build the sandbags right up against the centre of the capping circle, there is also little risk that your opponent can benefit from it.
- 4.00 your mg is waaay to agressive! it fine with aggresive infantry push, but not in the way that you use it unsupported behind enemy lines. Use it closely behind your IS so it can suppress any opponent you meet. You can also sometimes (but not always) benefit from using attack move so it sets up as soon as an enemy is within range.
- 5.00 personally I think it's too soon for a second mg. In the early game it's about controlling territory and flanking opponents- two things that mg's are not great at. when you get into the mid game a second mg might be decent for crowd control, but at this stage engineers, a UC or teching for an AEC might be better.
- 5:00 at this point you have 130+ munis and still no medkit upgrade. using low health soldiers in a fight will cost you tons of manpower in the long run. You should generally get medkits as quick as possible on at least two infantry sections and potentially the pyrotechnics on a single unit as this will give them better line of sight which all your nearby units can benefit from.
- 9.00 teching for the company command post this early is a costly mistake as you have no where near enough fuel to benefit from it by the time is't done. This means that the 222 will most likely give you a very hard time because you lack any real counter. an AT gun, AEC, more engineers or unlock for piats would all have been better options :)
- 10:00 once again you have an mg rolling solo and this time it pays the ultimate price. remember to use them as support for your infantry or possibly in a bunker or high health house where they can rotate freely in the direction of opponents and are more protected against most type of damage.
- good job taking out the 222 with engineers and mortar halftrack with AT gun! After that you leave your AT gun in the front though which results in it being killed shortly after. it should have been pulled further back after doing its job.
- 13:00 At this point you know that your opponent loooves his rifle grenades. These grenades cost a lot of munitions, but are also extremely dangerous and have a long range. As such you must be extra aware whenever you meet grenaders. Prepare to dodge whenever you see them do the crouch animation or fight behind green cover to mitigate the damage they do. Ironically yellow cover is generally way worse that no cover when facing grenades, because it provides no damage reduction and will often make your men clump up so they are more vulnerable to being wiped.
- 16.00 very good job with the Cromwell! you broke right through the lines and routet his entire army. These deep pushes can sometimes be risky due to mines (which is why you should always have at least one sweeper team), but this time it payed off nicely :clap:
- 27:00 at this point you have more that 800 munitions and only now do you plan your first mine! That is waay to many unspend ressources to carry around! You should use your engineers to spam mines everywhere whenever they are not directly in a fight and load up your units with Brens and possibly piats. Not spending munitions is like playing golf with a handicap. You can still win if you are way better that your opponent, but if evenly skilled he will wipe the floor with you.
- 31.00 huh? Did your opponent quit at this point? it seems you both still had a decent amount of things on the field though you were clearly on top. Anyways :hansGG: I guess :D

let's sum up with some pros and cons of your play.
the good stuff:
- Decent build order, though I would probably have just stuck to one mg in the first 5 mins.
- Good handling of your Cromwells and breaking through the enemy line
- Though you didn't need them this time, it was very good that you got sweepers. Never play a match without getting sweepers!

The Need-to-work-on stuff:
- your choice of doctrine was not great. Flamers are always nice of course, but mostly for flushing enemies out of buildings, which isn't a big issue on this Map. Other that that I didn't see you use any abulities from the doctrine which means you picked the wrong tool for the job. Getting commandos for some sneaky ambushes (park in cover outside a corner capture point with hold fire and wipe a unit whenever it comes to cap) or the doctrine with the Valentine would have been much better.
- You should expect wehrmacht to bring out light vehicles at the 6-8 minute mark, but you had no real counter when they came. Your teching for t3 was too fast as you had no additional fuel, so you should have build something that could have kiled the light vehicles (fortunately he handled them very poorly)
- You could have taken control much faster by getting the weapon rack and planting mines.

General tips
- Use munitions
- Mines win games
- Consider getting the 5 man upgrade earlier (8-12 mins) in order to reduce the risk of suffering wipes due to inattention.
- work on the movement and setup of your mgs so they don't get flanked so often.

I hope this was somewhat helpful and feel free to ask questions or comments if something seemed unclear or unreasonable :)
12 Mar 2019, 11:45 AM

Thanks for your feedback, I'll respond at length when I get the time. Looking forward to improving!
13 Mar 2019, 13:52 PM

No worries!

Either send me a pm or quote one of my comments, so I get a notification :thumbsup:
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★