Login

russian armor

Matching times in COH2

27 Sep 2013, 23:15 PM

Hi there

I was wondering how matching works in COH2.

At the moment, having to wait at least 3 minutes all of the time for a match, especially in 1v1, is a bit annoying, so there must be something going on behind the scenes to extend this process.

Thanks.
27 Sep 2013, 23:24 PM

If you research a little harder on this forum and other forums, you will find the answers you seek.
27 Sep 2013, 23:46 PM

If you research a little harder on this forum and other forums, you will find the answers you seek.

thats not helpful
28 Sep 2013, 02:43 AM
Senior Editor Badge

lol

nice one

====

to answer the question: because only few ppl are playing this game.
28 Sep 2013, 02:53 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Sep 2013, 23:15 PMhubewa
Hi there

I was wondering how matching works in COH2.

At the moment, having to wait at least 3 minutes all of the time for a match, especially in 1v1, is a bit annoying, so there must be something going on behind the scenes to extend this process.

Thanks.

There is ELO hidden ranking system that tries to match you with opponent/s with similar skill, map wish etc.
If matchmaking can't find opponent within your skill parameters it expands parameters to include more players that are further and further from your skill range..
it does this until it finds player/s that are closest match to you searching for game at that moment.

On personal note, you should be happy that you wait only 3 minutes. A lot of guys, including myself wait for 10 min and longer for match. Ending up having a game with someone of quite significant skill difference, naturally making the game less than enjoyable, and wait unrewarding.

Hope that helps
28 Sep 2013, 09:13 AM

3 minutes isn't a big deal, but I know it feels annoying.

I often have to wait 10 minutes. So I've made it a habit to go make a cup of tea, do the laundry and what not.

Since there's nothing you can do - short of fixing an internet connection that may be too slow - getting used to it, is probably my best advice.
28 Sep 2013, 09:50 AM

The game is insanely expensive, therefore there are no players. That's why it takes so long.
28 Sep 2013, 11:00 AM

Yeah, I noticed.

Since I didn't really bother to measure the amount of time it took, I'm being generous and saying 3 minutes.

However, I remember COH1 never taking ages to match and apparently, you only had 10-20 ppl matching at any given time in 1v1, similar to COH2.
28 Sep 2013, 11:19 AM
28 Sep 2013, 12:39 PM

are you by coincidence looking for games as germans?
28 Sep 2013, 12:58 PM

I tend to look for games with the side that has the least players. I can play both factions adequately so I am really indifferent in terms of which faction I play.
28 Sep 2013, 13:18 PM

regarding 1v1s, it is completely dependent on who is searching in your skill range. I've had games pop up the second I clicked search, but more often it takes a bit. The reason is simply that less people are playing this game than, say, DOTA 2 :D

Generally to maximize your chances to find people to play with, the after work US EAST time zone has good overlap with the euro evening time zone... so like 1500-2000 gmt-5? That's true of pretty much all online games. You could also reference http://steamcharts.com/app/231430#All
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 84
Poland 8

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment