Login

russian armor

Blitzkrieg tactics balance issue

15 Oct 2013, 05:30 AM

but you know Ram is not a vet ability but Blitz is.

there is not a single vet ability that can be disabled under any condition in the game atm. and some thing can disable vet ability is just unfair to that unit. reduce its effectiveness is ok. if we want it completely disable during engine damage then it should move into unit ability and give some thing else as vet ability.

also i think AT nades lands at where u click on the tank, same as how infantry throw nades to the building. it goes where it click on. i think if u click in the back it will hits the back. not completely sure about this. need more testing but i really don't have time to play recently

Actually it wouldn't be all that odd. For the motherland has debuffs after it and you have to pay 150 munitions to use it.
15 Oct 2013, 09:53 AM

I don't see why it would go against design to disable Blitz with engine damage. Although, I don't really find it to be much of a balance issue either way. Vet2 favors Germans greatly though since increased defense helps against infantry AT, AT guns and artilery, while increased damage only helps against other vehicles (tank rounds already 1 shot infantry).

The bigger issue is the stupid RNG on engine damage. I much prefer it when AT nades and Fausts caused engine damage 100% of the time.

Would be great if AT nades/Fausts cause engine damage 100% of the time to medium tanks and below or Heavy tank rear armor and 0% of the time to Heavy tank front armor.

This is a game deciding RNG roll (A engine damaged vehicle is a dead vehicle), for which the inconsistency is terrible for a competitive RTS.
15 Oct 2013, 12:05 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Oct 2013, 09:53 AMlink0

This is a game deciding RNG roll (A engine damaged vehicle is a dead vehicle), for which the inconsistency is terrible for a competitive RTS.

There is so much RNG garbage in this game. One game I had 4 t34/85s firing on a grenadiers squad and all 4 shots missed. In another game I hit a single tiger with 6 AT grenades and not one caused engine damage.
15 Oct 2013, 13:10 PM

Permanently Banned
I preferred 100% engine dmg potential on ATNade/Faust also.

Imo Molotov is a consistent RNG abuse ability owing to the insta-immolation crit chance, that furthermore negates Grens otherwise equitable and balanced armor advantage vs lower model count.

Ontopic: Reduce the speed boost of engine dmged Blitz/Overcharge units to +50% of their dmged speed, and a fair balance is achieved which rewards both the engine dmg causer, as well as giving due priviledge to the Vetted unit.

At that speed it can potentially crawl around a corner at best, and the opponent still has a wide margin for finishing it off if they brought the prerequisite AT to do so.
15 Oct 2013, 15:09 PM

I honestly think that making Blitzkrieg only work in the "forwards" direction would also work, silly as it may sound. You can still use it offensively, but it is harder to use as a get out of jail free card.

I have no idea if that is possible to code, however.
15 Oct 2013, 15:33 PM

If conscript at-nades would always do some engine or tracks damage but to a variable degree like slowing at least the tank from 25% to 80% for 1 at-nades, i wouldn't mind if blitz is working all the time.
15 Oct 2013, 17:57 PM

Actually it wouldn't be all that odd. For the motherland has debuffs after it and you have to pay 150 munitions to use it.

still for the motherland is a commander ability not a units vet ability.

i still think move it to unit ability could be reasonable and make it only able to go forward like CPU-easy said and complete disabled if engine is damaged and maybe even a debuff after using it like overdrive. and give something else as vet ability like target weak point or an ability like explosive round to anti building and infantry most vet ability in COH2 is quite uesless anyway
15 Oct 2013, 19:36 PM

Who cares that it is a vet ability? That is not an argument for keeping it available with a damaged engine. It's an extremely useful ability that should allow you to PREVENT AT nades from landing.

As far as AT nades, I'm pretty sure the way it works is your conscripts throw it in a straight line at the tank, and if it lands on the rear or the back half of the side, it is much more likely to penetrate. It's not completely RNG, you just have to flank to get AT nades off, which imo is awesome.
15 Oct 2013, 21:18 PM

I honestly think that making Blitzkrieg only work in the "forwards" direction would also work, silly as it may sound. You can still use it offensively, but it is harder to use as a get out of jail free card.

I have no idea if that is possible to code, however.

I think they way they would have to do it is add a debuff penalty to reverse speed for the duration of the ability and it would be very possible.

Engine damage changes I'm indifferent about because if you cant catch an engine damaged unit, you werent going to kill it anyway.

My biggest concern is that AT nades are pretty darn easy to land on armor. Its not like p4s exactly do great AI dps anymore, especially from distance. FHT and scout cars are both close range brawlers. Conscripts are relatively expendable and with oorah and some good micro + at nades, engine damage is the rule not the exception, and I really dont like that about coh2
16 Oct 2013, 00:50 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Sep 2013, 18:25 PMTivook
Hi there.

I'd like to raise an issue I've been experiencing with the one vet ability on German tanks called Blitzkrieg tactics.

The problem I see with it is that it's possible to use this ability when the vehicle has engine damage which kind of nullifies the point of having engine damage since the tank itself can move at approximately 80% of it's normal movement speed when this ability is active.

I am completely fine with the ability itself because Germans needs to be able to quickly flank SU-85's when needed but;

Being able to recklessly attack your opponent and get engine damage through conscript anti tank grenade throws and then safely drive away because of Blitzkrieg Tactics combined with Panzer Tactician smoke upgrades is not balanced, especially when a Panther is extremely hard to kill when it reaches Vet 2 or more.

Solution: Remove the ability to use blitzkrieg tactics when engine is damaged.

completely agreed that's ridiculous to be able get out of dodgy situations so easily.
more over they should change AT nades penetration. its soviet only AT carried by inf. throwing five AT nades at a tiger and get them all re-bounce is laughable
16 Oct 2013, 02:06 AM

completely agreed that's ridiculous to be able get out of dodgy situations so easily.
more over they should change AT nades penetration. its soviet only AT carried by inf. throwing five AT nades at a tiger and get them all re-bounce is laughable

so is charging 5 conscripts at a tiger? soviet at nades should destroy the main turret too german armor is so op its not even funny
16 Oct 2013, 03:14 AM

so is charging 5 conscripts at a tiger? soviet at nades should destroy the main turret too german armor is so op its not even funny

Soviet infantry based AT is getting a buff somehow. Developers stated that they were making the faction less reliant on guards.
16 Oct 2013, 03:48 AM

Although that doesn't mean they'll buff AT grenades. Although I suppose AT guns are partly infantry based.

Also note that the ridiculous tiger and panther armor at vet 2 will probably go away. Vet 0-1 tigers can be dealt with, it's just that they often survive in good player's hands to get away, again, with the assistance of blitz.

What if all AT grenades were much more difficult to cause engine crits on fully armored tanks from the front? Admittedly, this would mean against most players, engine crits won't happen. But this would free up some balance leeway for designers to increase the effectiveness of other Soviet AT that's effective from the front.
16 Oct 2013, 04:04 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Oct 2013, 03:48 AMTurtle

What if all AT grenades were much more difficult to cause engine crits on fully armored tanks from the front? Admittedly, this would mean against most players, engine crits won't happen. But this would free up some balance leeway for designers to increase the effectiveness of other Soviet AT that's effective from the front.

I'm pretty sure it works this way now.
16 Oct 2013, 04:05 AM

Yeah, but effectively they always still crit medium tanks. Which means Panzer 4s are still hit hard.
16 Oct 2013, 05:51 AM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post16 Oct 2013, 04:05 AMTurtle
Yeah, but effectively they always still crit medium tanks. Which means Panzer 4s are still hit hard.

Anyone happen to have the ATNade/Faust penetration figures + vs PIV/T34 frontal/rear chance, readily at hand?

Would help inform the discussion.
16 Oct 2013, 06:05 AM

I do know that the devs intended that AT Grenades are supposed to have the same effectiveness as before on medium tanks. They outright stated this.

Check the stats and you'll find that mostly true. There may be the odd frontal deflect from an AT grenade on a medium tank now since it's a random chance still, but it should be very close to 100% effectiveness on medium tanks.

I wonder if AT Grenades can also have a third effect, not just hit with crit or no crit, but could also do a crew stun that slows the target vehicle without it being permanent. Only problem is that you do need some level consistency from abilities, not sure if having 3 possible outcomes is worth it.
16 Oct 2013, 06:12 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Oct 2013, 05:51 AMNullist

Anyone happen to have the ATNade/Faust penetration figures + vs PIV/T34 frontal/rear chance, readily at hand?

Would help inform the discussion.

AT nade = 100 penetration
Faust = 160 penetration

P4 has 160 front 80 rear
T34 has 115 front 70 rear

So faust causes engine damage 100% of the time to both front and rear of a T34.

AT nade causes engine damage 5/8 to P4 front and 100% to P4 rear.
16 Oct 2013, 06:39 AM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post16 Oct 2013, 06:12 AMlink0

AT nade = 100 penetration
Faust = 160 penetration

P4 has 160 front 80 rear
T34 has 115 front 70 rear

So faust causes engine damage 100% of the time to both front and rear of a T34.

AT nade causes engine damage 5/8 to P4 front and 100% to P4 rear.

Thanks link0.

Seeing as the stated purpose was reducing effect vs heavy tanks, I think ATNade is lacking in this department vs Ost medium tanks as a result.

The somewhat unclear chance of ATnades to actually hit rear due to the parablic trajectory was apparently supposed to pay off vs heavier armor in frontal engagements.,to the detriment of reliable performance frontally vs medium tanks.

I dont think it worked. Just added another RNG factor where none really was necessarry vs medium tanks.

Complicated matters a great deal.
16 Oct 2013, 18:05 PM

Soviet infantry based AT is getting a buff somehow. Developers stated that they were making the faction less reliant on guards.

I was being sarcastic. I dont believe german armor to op at all in the current meta for 1v1s. The first p4 comes out after t70/t34 spam has started or at the same time as an su85. Plus ZIS and 30 mun mines
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Sweden 57
Poland 6

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment