Login

russian armor

Assault Grenadiers "anomaly"

27 Sep 2013, 01:22 AM

Assault Grenadiers are kind of "anomaly" in terms of game stats, when it comes to German infantry. And no, I don't mean that they break the early game :P

They get slightly different veterancy bonuses, when compared with normal Ostheer infantry:
- at vet2 they get x2 bonus armour (vs x2.25 for most of German infantry)
- at vet3 they get x2 bonus damage (vs x1.78 bonus accuracy for most of German infantry)

Those changes make them somewhat more offensive oriented, which I guess, fits their theme.

But I wonder - why was it done like that, especially when all the other veterancy bonuses are basically the same for all the units of the same type/side?
27 Sep 2013, 02:54 AM

could this be because in the future ALL units will be getting their own unique veterency bonuses?

who knows
27 Sep 2013, 07:00 AM

If Relic is going to start changing all of these hidden stats and mechanics, they should really post an official stats page on their site instead of having fans extracting game files and uploading it on Google Docs.

It's just unprofessional.
27 Sep 2013, 13:21 PM

Hm... wasn't there mention of a possible veterancy rework? Maybe this is one of the things they are testing for it?

Osttruppen are also pretty abnormal: Their veterancy tooltips say they have Soviet veterancy boni but they actually have the normal German ones now.
27 Sep 2013, 19:00 PM

even sc2 doesnt have an official stats page as far as i know. stats for those units are provided on wikis that arent official. i wouldnt exactly call it unprofessional on relics part. besides, theres actually quite a few units (weapon teams/snipers, etc) that dont follow the pattern of normal vet bonuses, so unique vet bonuses arent new.

honestly, from the perspective of someone who made the stats sheet, id say like 95% of players dont care. milkacow, endeav, tensaioni, and i have all put in a lot of time trying to provide stats for everyone so they could understand the game better and have more informed discussions on the forums. sadly, a lot of people ignore them and just argue subjectively based on what they see in game, which is heavily influenced by RNG.

what im trying to say is, the stats are out there for people who care to know them. they arent "official" but theyre there. personally, id rather relic didnt post the stats publicly, although it would mean much less work for me. id like to see them focus all their efforts on improving the game, not making a stats site.
27 Sep 2013, 20:12 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Sep 2013, 19:00 PMwooof
[...] besides, theres actually quite a few units (weapon teams/snipers, etc) that dont follow the pattern of normal vet bonuses, so unique vet bonuses arent new.

I'll just address this - while what you say is true, up to this point all units in their respective "groups" ("combat" infantry like grens or conscripts, indirect fire units like mortars and artillery etc.) and sides had the same veterancy bonuses.

So right now, Assault Grenadiers are the only "combat" infantry which vet isn't following the same path as the rest of units from it's group.
27 Sep 2013, 22:54 PM

I'll just address this - while what you say is true, up to this point all units in their respective "groups" ("combat" infantry like grens or conscripts, indirect fire units like mortars and artillery etc.) and sides had the same veterancy bonuses.

So right now, Assault Grenadiers are the only "combat" infantry which vet isn't following the same path as the rest of units from it's group.

thats true, but relic never stated that these were hard set rules. i would agree that if they had modified some vet bonuses to existing units without notification, that would be bad. i think all changes should be included in the change log. this isnt a change though. introducing new units with bonuses that dont follow the pattern is different.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★