Login

russian armor

Tip - 2x Auto-Fire accuracy bulletin for Mortar

26 Sep 2013, 10:49 AM

Partial bug + Partial gameplay issue

I strongly recommend that you DO NOT use the 2x accuracy improvement for your auto-fire mortar (Mortar Hero + Mortar Training Veteran) (german only) unless you want witness something extremely funny, annoying and weird thing.

26 Sep 2013, 11:20 AM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

Well what happens then
26 Sep 2013, 11:42 AM
Developer Relic Badge
Donator 11

What does it do? :D
26 Sep 2013, 12:00 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 117

I've heard it makes them target themselves, but I haven't seen it. I sort of hope it's true :D
26 Sep 2013, 12:09 PM
Patrion 14

That sounds fucking amazing.

+10 internet points to whoever posts it up in youtube.
26 Sep 2013, 12:18 PM

It absolutely goes bajizzle. The accuracy goes absolute apeshit for the most part. You'll probably just end up killing yourself in the process.

Targeting near you will make your mortar fire backwards I believe. Auto-Barrage (Ability) actually just goes complete mental and will fire just about anywhere except where you told them to fire.

However, I do believe just having 1x of the accuracy improvement makes them very very accurate, esp on the soviet mortar from our games so far we've had. It's almost dead-on every shot.

But it could be fluke on the soviet part.

I built like 3 mortars, and each one of them ended up killing themselves (or well, they did end up killing engaging squads!) at one point. I didn't realise there was something wrong until Fortune pointed out to me, then it all so clear for me.

So yeah, I guess that is another thing that needs to be adressed in the next "hotfix" patch I guess. There's probably more littering around, just haven't gotten around to fiddling with it.
26 Sep 2013, 12:53 PM
Patrion 14

I can't believe how messed up some of the new bulletins are. 10% faster dispatch on HM-120s? WHY? Still haven't fixed the silly and useless munition reduction skills or dispatch times. Even build times are of questionable value.
26 Sep 2013, 13:16 PM

this also happens on suppresion. i had a mortar suppressed very close to a house. it got pinned it was not supposed to shot that house because it was too near for the 120mm mortar. some how a shell fell on the house when he was packing up. O.o
26 Sep 2013, 13:22 PM

this also happens on suppresion. i had a mortar suppressed very close to a house. it got pinned it was not supposed to shot that house because it was too near for the 120mm mortar. some how a shell fell on the house when he was packing up. O.o

yep i seen this in a game last night also same exact thing
26 Sep 2013, 13:32 PM

So basically the patch broke mortars.

Wonderful, now I gotta tech to t4 Panzerwerfers just to try to deal with this cp0 FHQ spam.

Did Relic fire all of their playtesters or what? And why weren't things properly tested on the beta server? What the fuck is the point of it then?
26 Sep 2013, 13:59 PM

So basically the patch broke mortars.

Wonderful, now I gotta tech to t4 Panzerwerfers just to try to deal with this cp0 FHQ spam.

Did Relic fire all of their playtesters or what? And why weren't things properly tested on the beta server? What the fuck is the point of it then?

Mortars are fine with 1x or none of the bulletin that changes their accuracy on their auto-fire barrage. It's when you stack 2x of them that they break down.

In other words, if you just use 1x bulletins, they actually get much more potent.
26 Sep 2013, 14:18 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Sep 2013, 13:59 PMCaeltos

Mortars are fine with 1x or none of the bulletin that changes their accuracy on their auto-fire barrage. It's when you stack 2x of them that they break down.

In other words, if you just use 1x bulletins, they actually get much more potent.

I've made some test with German mortar and:

1. Without any bulletins (control test) - works as expected
2. With recruit training bulletin (Mortar auto-barrage fires more accurately) - haven't noticed any major changes in barrage ability, but auto-attacks were very inaccurate and it was quite often shooting itself.
3. With veteran training bulletin (Mortar auto-fire more accurately) - same as before, but even less accurate (from my subjective view)

Haven't tested soviet mortars yet, but from what I've seen for Ostheer, I'd recommend not to use those bulletins (even one).
8 Oct 2013, 22:44 PM

I've made some test with German mortar and:

1. Without any bulletins (control test) - works as expected
2. With recruit training bulletin (Mortar auto-barrage fires more accurately) - haven't noticed any major changes in barrage ability, but auto-attacks were very inaccurate and it was quite often shooting itself.
3. With veteran training bulletin (Mortar auto-fire more accurately) - same as before, but even less accurate (from my subjective view)

Haven't tested soviet mortars yet, but from what I've seen for Ostheer, I'd recommend not to use those bulletins (even one).

This Pony is always right. :)
9 Oct 2013, 03:12 AM

Any confirmation or fix on this?
9 Oct 2013, 03:51 AM

no idea but my soviet mortar just kill itself in a earlier game and i only used 1 bulletin, i didn't notice until they all dead, they didn't not die from enemy mortar because they die from mortar fire (see all the ground explosion holes all around it) and they were the only mortar on field
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 85
Germany 3

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment