Login

russian armor

vet 2 flamer half tracks

25 Sep 2013, 09:34 AM

vet 2 > flame half tracks are plain OP and need either nerfing or they need a LOT more EXP to get them there

when they get vet 2 they can survive 5+ t34, kv-1 shells, constant guards barraging with their ptrs', its just too much for the cost and its just too dammn powerful, they don't even have to be worried about guards anymore because they can literally wipe the squad in 0.2 seconds

thoughts?
25 Sep 2013, 09:43 AM

Don't really have problems with dealing with them.
They got sweet spot in which they can do a lot of damage to unprepared player or a player who will react in the wrong way but I don't think in the late game their impact is significant.
25 Sep 2013, 09:52 AM

Yes this is a problem with the vet system, it rewards too much and its most obvious with vehicles like 222, flame ht, and t70. You will notice it more with German units because they become stronger by vet 2 and have the ammo upgrade that dose not increase their base value (hence vet points requirements) but enables them to gain vet much faster with increased dps.
25 Sep 2013, 10:51 AM
Developer Relic Badge
Donator 11

veterancy system is getting re-viewed by relic ;)
25 Sep 2013, 10:54 AM

I agree. I like to see unit preservation rewarded but the German half-track receives too big of a buff at vet 2 in my opinion.
25 Sep 2013, 10:54 AM

veterancy system is getting re-viewed by relic ;)

Good to hear. Relic is kicking ass at solving issues.
25 Sep 2013, 11:14 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Sep 2013, 09:52 AMAbdul
Yes this is a problem with the vet system, it rewards too much and its most obvious with vehicles like 222, flame ht, and t70. You will notice it more with German units tbecause hey become stronger by vet 2 and have the ammo upgrade that dose not increase their base value (hence vet points requirements) but enables them to gain vet much faster with increased dps.

LOL ... so now mr abdul thinks only German units get stronger in vet2 while his poor defenceless soviets get nothing.

Ever tried attacking a vet 2 su85 or a is2 ? Of course not since you never have.

Fact ... its not just FHT which is the problem. Units on both sides get a little too hard to kill once they reach vet2. Su85's on vet 2 are impossible to kill sometimes.
25 Sep 2013, 11:40 AM

If Flame truck got Vet2 it means that it got fed too much in the early game as the only option for that unit to get Vet is by killing stuff (right?).
Go for right counter and try not to engage in pointless skirmishes.
25 Sep 2013, 11:55 AM
Benefactor 115

never had problems with it in late game tbh, by that time you should have decent AT or you're screwed anyway
25 Sep 2013, 11:56 AM

No, the veterancy is still too potent the way it is. It should be like in CoH1, one of the best thing you could get was +50% damage with riflemen and it was only at reaching vet3.
25 Sep 2013, 13:01 PM

If Flame truck got Vet2 it means that it got fed too much in the early game as the only option for that unit to get Vet is by killing stuff (right?).
Go for right counter and try not to engage in pointless skirmishes.

Actually (at least this was the case in beta, I'm not a keeper of stats) the exp gain was much more on damage received than on damage dealt. So if you were going to attack a HT with AT grenades, you had to make sure that you brought enough munitions to the fight to finish the job or you were going to give massive veterancy to the HT. This might have been reworked since then.
25 Sep 2013, 13:10 PM

This has been reworked, you gain 75% of damage dealt and 25% of damage received afaik.
25 Sep 2013, 17:58 PM

Actually (at least this was the case in beta, I'm not a keeper of stats) the exp gain was much more on damage received than on damage dealt.

infernalis is correct, its now a .75/.25 xp ratio for dealt/recieved. it used to be .50/.50 so taking damage never gave more xp than dealing.
25 Sep 2013, 18:24 PM

Ah ok. As I said, I'm not a stats expert. I just remember that there was a problem with snipers never getting vet because they never received dmg, only dealt. I wasn't aware that it was 50/50. Good info, regardless.
26 Sep 2013, 01:47 AM

FHT feels balanced to me. It can be very powerful if the enemy doesnt hard counter it as long as you play defensively with it... but that can be said for almost any unit in the game.

If you base rush or charge to 0 at every conscript squad you see.. you will lose it.

The vet system doesnt just affect FHT ofc, all units become twice as good seemingly with vet 2 and/or 3.

My upgunned vet3 AC scout car actually nuked a t34 from full health to kill it from behind in a couple bursts.

If anything is the issue its vet, not FHT.

Also nerf kv8s :D
26 Sep 2013, 06:07 AM

LOL ... so now mr abdul thinks only German units get stronger in vet2 while his poor defenceless soviets get nothing.

Ever tried attacking a vet 2 su85 or a is2 ? Of course not since you never have.

Fact ... its not just FHT which is the problem. Units on both sides get a little too hard to kill once they reach vet2. Su85's on vet 2 are impossible to kill sometimes.

This is not what I said, but you are so full of hate and ignorance that you can't even understand what you are reading, much less know what you are talking about.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★