Login

russian armor

How to deal with a well microed Vickers UC and rush to AEC?

15 Dec 2018, 18:51 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Dec 2018, 16:53 PMCODGUY

That one is. It denys the field to everything except medium tanks.

Dude I don't know what game you are playing, but if it's coh2 then you are doing it wrong, as is literally opposite.

light vehicles are specifically the counter to mgs. MG42 can to some extent work around this when it reaches vet 1 and get incendiary, but my mgs were nowhere near this by the time the UC was wrecking havoc.
16 Dec 2018, 05:40 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Fast 222 seems to be the answer, and you need to get two of them.

I play a very unorthodox WM, namely triple MG42 and extra pioneer into T2. Allied early light vehicles like the Bren Gun Carrier (especially Wasp) is a really hard counter to this strategy. Thus you really need to rush for the 222 and get two of them. They serve as a good enough deterrent to light vehicles like the AEC until you get a 7.5cm Pak 40, and stop them from circling the ATG.
16 Dec 2018, 18:33 PM

Fast 222 seems to be the answer, and you need to get two of them.

I play a very unorthodox WM, namely triple MG42 and extra pioneer into T2. Allied early light vehicles like the Bren Gun Carrier (especially Wasp) is a really hard counter to this strategy. Thus you really need to rush for the 222 and get two of them. They serve as a good enough deterrent to light vehicles like the AEC until you get a 7.5cm Pak 40, and stop them from circling the ATG.

Good points, but my issue here was that on crossing the wasp made it extremely difficult to cap any fuelpoints at all and as such I was hopelessly behind. So when I finally could scrape together enough for a 222 it had an extremely short window before the AEC came out.
17 Dec 2018, 05:28 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Good points, but my issue here was that on crossing the wasp made it extremely difficult to cap any fuelpoints at all and as such I was hopelessly behind. So when I finally could scrape together enough for a 222 it had an extremely short window before the AEC came out.

As soon as you see the UC (especially the wasp), go full turtle mode until your first 222 arrives.

Wasp requires British T2, which probably gives you enough time to get your early-game units out. Glue a Grenadier to your HMG42, and use it to cover your fuel. The threat of a faust should be enough to stop the Wasp from charging in to flame the HMG. Your Grens can just dance around, but they should be close enough to the HMG so that the HMG can deal damage to the wasp as it flames the Grenadiers.

If you fancy HMG42 spam, put the HMGs to cover each other so that in order to flame one HMG it gets attacked by another. Use Pioneers to scout for the HMGs as well.
17 Dec 2018, 07:59 AM

As soon as you see the UC (especially the wasp), go full turtle mode until your first 222 arrives.

Wasp requires British T2, which probably gives you enough time to get your early-game units out. Glue a Grenadier to your HMG42, and use it to cover your fuel. The threat of a faust should be enough to stop the Wasp from charging in to flame the HMG. Your Grens can just dance around, but they should be close enough to the HMG so that the HMG can deal damage to the wasp as it flames the Grenadiers.

If you fancy HMG42 spam, put the HMGs to cover each other so that in order to flame one HMG it gets attacked by another. Use Pioneers to scout for the HMGs as well.

You're probably right, though in this case he went Vickers, so he could keep a safe distance from faust and also snare.

But bottom line your advice is solid and I was most likely just outplayed by a more skilled opponent :)
17 Dec 2018, 09:00 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

You're probably right, though in this case he went Vickers, so he could keep a safe distance from faust and also snare.

But bottom line your advice is solid and I was most likely just outplayed by a more skilled opponent :)

Oh sorry, that's my bad. The Wasp is a stronger counter to WM though.

Generally, the "full turtle mode" procedure is the same, but with the Vickers UC Garrisons and Heavy Cover are a lot more valuable. Never run around with lone squads, always have backup for each unit, and get those Pioneers working on Sandbags!
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★