Login

russian armor

Why are T-34 so flowery?

25 Sep 2013, 21:29 PM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

*updated this title too. Pls wipe your feet at the door and stop dragging mud into our living room. Thx.
25 Sep 2013, 21:31 PM

Can we get a flower skin please?
25 Sep 2013, 21:41 PM

Good work Ami.
25 Sep 2013, 21:45 PM

No, the t34 - regardless of caliber - won't cut it. Ppl want to duke it out with big shells bouncing off thick armour. T34/85 has neither.
25 Sep 2013, 21:46 PM

*updated this title too. Pls wipe your feet at the door and stop dragging mud into our living room. Thx.

you pretty much ruined what could have been a decent discussion. if you are going to replace the word "shit" why don't you just replace the word with something that's similiar like "crap" or "ineffective" when i saw flowery i got confused.

also, what is wrong with the word shit the message is perfectly clear the OP is dissatisfied with the performance of the t34 he's not being immature for saying the word shit and you're immature for completely changing the meaning to something silly like "flowery" like a small kid that goes around saying "uh oh, he said bad word" there is a reason why we say it and we're all grown men here, our eyes aren't going to bleed when we see that word.

just watch this.
watch this : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_osQvkeNRM
25 Sep 2013, 22:24 PM

T34 is flowery,LoL?
There goes the freedom of speech :)))
25 Sep 2013, 22:29 PM

the lack of AT ability of soviet T3 will be continued and whined.... soviet T3 needs some tweak, but I do think the new imminent problem is the new P2W commanders~
raw
25 Sep 2013, 22:33 PM

Why should a T-34 be able to go head on with German tanks?

Because the flow of the game requires it. The rest, like the idea of a medium tank for AI purposes (ololol, I'll never get over this), is just building cloudcastles in fairytale kingdom. If Relic wants the T-34 to have the role of a "flanker" (whatever that is, but presumably it's a spelling error for "shit-tier unit by design". because where I live tanks still need to deal actual damage, even when they flank) they have to rework the complete soviet arsenal, so that such a tank would actually fit into the game.

Not that I would be against scrapping the entire soviet army and rebuild it from scratch. But lets be realistic here.
raw
25 Sep 2013, 22:39 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Sep 2013, 18:50 PMTurtle
Best just to ignore those posts. Even Nullist here cleaned up his act, I guess he can too.

There is an issue of the Soviet tier split.

Going with the T-34 as your primary tank will inevitably force you to use them in direct confrontation with German tanks. This is because the current meta rewards a lot of tank building.

What's more there will be the inevitable confrontation with German heavies, or the medium-heavy Panther, all of which have had infantry AT reduced in effectiveness against. The T-34 doesn't scale, and doesn't guarantee control.

AT Guns just don't cut it either. There's just too much right now that deals with AT guns, one of which is to just drive past them, especially so with the input lag issues.

I'm fine with the T-34 being purposed as a flanker, but it that doesn't erase the need for something that can operate on the front line, especially since german tanks do have much higher infantry killing power.

This can lead to a downward spiral of having to build more and more T-34s to hold the front, even if they weren't intended. Or risk losing time and resources going for the 4th building.

A t-34 flanking is no guarantee of a kill, even catching a P4 out via flank means little, especially if smoke launchers is available. Reverse the situation and a P4 catching a T-34 from the front or flank usually means a dead T-34.

Even the vaunted Ram is at best, a trade tank for tank, or at worst, a temporarily broken gun and a dead T-34. Again, it can lead to a downward spiral.

This man understands the game.
25 Sep 2013, 23:54 PM

Permanently Banned
Dmg and penetration was already looked at and adjusted. Its done.

The only problem here, is people's fixated fantasies of what they "think" T34 "should" be.

Why are we even responding in a thread that starts like this:
jump backJump back to quoted post24 Sep 2013, 19:25 PMraw
Screws the whole game. I am so done. Make them competitive vs. T3 already jesus fucking christ. Fuck.
26 Sep 2013, 00:18 AM

Nullist, you are right! We should nerf German tanks to solve this issue instead.
26 Sep 2013, 00:22 AM

T34 is flowery,LoL?
Freedom of speech is granted by every democratic nation. Thus you don´t have to fear that the feds lock you up for stating an opinion. This forum however is a private place. Theoretically the guys in charge could demand from you to write a laudatory speech to the all mighty Cthulhu every Sunday and kick you out if you didn´t comply.
26 Sep 2013, 00:44 AM
Developer Relic Badge
Donator 11

T34 is flowery,LoL?

Nah, you are still free to say what you want, don't worry ^_^ But with the last patch and the DLC Commanders release we had to clean forums a bit. Constructive criticism and suggestions on how to improve the game are always welcome, we may argue only on the kind of language used to express certain ideas, not the ideas themselves. :)
26 Sep 2013, 00:48 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Sep 2013, 23:54 PMNullist
Dmg and penetration was already looked at and adjusted. Its done.

The only problem here, is people's fixated fantasies of what they "think" T34 "should" be.

Why are we even responding in a thread that starts like this:

fantasies? if relic nerf panzer IVs to a point where it cannot beat a single t34, will asking for a stronger panzer IV be fantasizing then?
26 Sep 2013, 00:50 AM

T34 is fine as it is, most time i use it as a ramming machine, there is a game i rammed every single tank (P4, Panther, Tiger) i see, there is even a point i rammed every tank on their team, although in the end i run out T34 to ram and lose that 4v4 but it was tons of fun
26 Sep 2013, 00:53 AM

Permanently Banned

fantasies? if relic nerf panzer IVs to a point where it cannot beat a single t34, will asking for a stronger panzer IV be fantasizing then?

Yes.

But your argument is specious, because you are falsely presenting it to support that T34 needs a buff. PIV has been nerfed in the past, and some people do ask for buffs to it, but they present supporting evidence for their arguments.

1) Your stats are false. You have not included Sov Vet 2 dmg and armor bonus into your calculations.
2) Devs have stated intent of T34 as a flanking unit.
3) Wanting T34s to beat Panthers is an unreasonable demand, entirely.

Please specifically re-state your arguments if there where others, and I will address them 1 by 1.
26 Sep 2013, 00:59 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Sep 2013, 00:53 AMNullist

Yes.

But your argument is specious, because you are falsely presenting it to support that T34 needs a buff. PIV has been nerfed in the past, and some people do ask for buffs to it, but they present supporting evidence for their arguments.

1) Your stats are false. You have not included Sov Vet 2 dmg and armor bonus into your calculations.
2) Devs have stated intent of T34 as a flanking unit.
3) Wanting T34s to beat Panthers is an unreasonable demand, entirely.

Please specifically re-state your arguments if there where others, and I will address them 1 by 1.

have you read my other post in the other thread?

2 ) 2 t34s should not have to constantly rely on flanking when facing one panzer IV

3) i never asked for t34s to beat panthers. do the math. even if t34 could penetrate panthers rear 100 pct its not going to kill it. i never said i wanted t34s to beat panthers.

everything you said so far has been nonsense. i doubt your next statement will be mean anything either.
26 Sep 2013, 01:08 AM

Permanently Banned
have you read my other post in the other thread?

Yes, and refuted them, with evidence.

2 ) 2 t34s should not have to constantly rely on flanking when facing one panzer IV

They should, and do. If you can't accept that, thats your problem.
You can Ram it to ensure a kill with 2xT34s.
At cost, you need atleast 1.5x T34s to counter a PIV.
The flanking is a requirement owing to T34 having better AI, rather than AT.

3) i never asked for t34s to beat panthers. do the math. even if t34 could penetrate panthers rear 100 pct its not going to kill it. i never said i wanted t34s to beat panthers.

Yes, you did. You whined about T34 bouncing shots off the Panthers rear armor.
This is clear from cost, tier and intended unit function.

everything you said so far has been nonsense. i doubt your next statement will be mean anything either.

Everything I have said has been rational, evidenced and concise.
I did so in the other thread as well, including a quotation about the intended purpose of T34s, from a Dev, that utterly destroys your position.

As I said earlier, your provided numbers are wrong too, and you deliberately neglected to include Sov Vet 2 modifiers, as well as vacuously comparing vet 0 units to vet 2 units, dishonestly, when and where it suits your position.
26 Sep 2013, 01:26 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Sep 2013, 01:08 AMNullist

Yes, and refuted them, with evidence.

Yes, you did. You whined about T34 bouncing shots off the Panthers rear armor.
This is clear from cost, tier and intended unit function.

that's because t34 rounds are not supposed to bounce of the panthers rear. panther still beats t34 even when the t34 were attacking it on the rear. the panther has 960 hp the t34 has 640. panther does 160 damage t34 has 120 damage, even if the t34 penetrates the panther every time the panther still win. do the math, you are misinterpreting my intentions by large.

Everything I have said has been rational, evidenced and concise.
I did so in the other thread as well, including a quotation about the intended purpose of T34s, from a Dev, that utterly destroys your position.

you have presented no evidence since we first talked. the only thing you showed was one quote of what relic intends to do with t34. you did not show the actual numbers to prove that my numbers are false. even with my suggested t34 penetration buff it would not contradict relics concept of the t34. you are not reading at all.

As I said earlier, your provided numbers are wrong too, and you deliberately neglected to include Sov Vet 2 modifiers, as well as vacuously comparing vet 0 units to vet 2 units, dishonestly, when and where it suits your position.

i will talk about soviet vet when i'm sure about what the buffs actually are. as i said before i wanted veterancy to be nerfed. i can't say the same for the soviet veterancy because i don't know the exact numbers on how much buff i will recieve with a vet 2 soviet unit. all i can say is, german veterancy is OP because i know what bonuses i receive with vet 2 german unit.the gap between a vet 1 and vet 2 is too large. i have taken out an isu152 with a vetted stug on a 1v1 engagement multiple times how fucked up is that?

26 Sep 2013, 01:57 AM

Permanently Banned
that's because t34 rounds are not supposed to bounce of the panthers rear.

Yes, they are. That is why the stats are, what they are.
A t3 T34 has no business threatening the t4 Panther, except with Ram.
Get that into your head.

you have presented no evidence since we first talked. the only thing you showed was one quote of what relic intends to do with t34. you did not show the actual numbers to prove that my numbers are false.

I'm telling you, that your numbers are false and do not include veterancy bonuses correctly. Check your own maths.

even with my suggested t34 penetration buff it would not contradict relics concept of the t34. you are not reading at all.

They have already been buffed. YOU are the one who contradicts Relics intended concept for the T34. That has nothing to do with stats, only to do with whats inside your head.
I quoted you what their intended use is, and you REPEATEDLY whine that "no, it should be like this".

i will talk about soviet vet when i'm sure about what the buffs actually are.

How about you use GOOGLE and EDUCATE yourself. There are stats that are hard to know about or find out about. Vet bonus is NOT one of those. And its fucking unthinkable that you are arguing Vet 0 vs Vet 2 balance WITHOUT even knowing what the vet bonuses ARE. Complete lack of intellectual integrity there.

as i said before i wanted veterancy to be nerfed. i can't say the same for the soviet veterancy because i don't know the exact numbers on how much buff i will recieve with a vet 2 soviet unit.

All my lols.

all i can say is, german veterancy is OP because i know what bonuses i receive with vet 2 german unit.the gap between a vet 1 and vet 2 is too large.

How can you even write stuff like this lol.

Do you even understand that there is NO stat buff at vet 0? Honestly?
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 19
unknown 13

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment