Login

russian armor

Why are T-34 so flowery?

25 Sep 2013, 05:40 AM

You need to learn to use AT guns as primary AT. You CANNOT go T1-T3 unless you have a huge advantage early game.

You must go T2-T3. Stop trying to use T34s are your primary AT.

Of course a T34 gets stomped by a P4. It is cheaper and has a bias towards AI.
25 Sep 2013, 06:00 AM

Raw you are a Soviet fanboy and need to play OH sometime and watch how good Soviet players kill your P4's. As someone else said, where is the support for your T34? Use it with Cons and a Zis backed by a Maxim to keep infantry away.

Add me for some 1v1's and we will practice it. Or combine for some 2v2
25 Sep 2013, 06:14 AM

the OP expects a tank which costs just 95 fuel to take on tigers while at the same time massacring infantry (which it does too well in fact)

Soviet whiner alert ....
25 Sep 2013, 06:20 AM

T-34 are the only reliable mid-late game tank that Soviets can consistantly fall back upon. I would be raging more about the over nerfed SU-85 than the T34 if I were you. I actually think the T34 is perfect at the moment and slots into the gameplay well.

T1-T3 T34's you need Marked Vehicle/Guards to really tackle enemy armour.
T2-T3 T34's are complemented so well by ZiS-3, especially once both start stacking veterancy. Mines are nice here.

I strictly go T3 now, unless its an open map where SU-85 are not easy as to avoid. T4 is weak in my eyes at the moment due to the eaze of a Ostheer to consistantly avoid your armour or get an easy flank. T3 excels everywhere, if you know how to use combined arms.

25 Sep 2013, 06:25 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Sep 2013, 05:06 AMNullist
Raws QQ rage is so delicious and salty.

Maybe stop trying to use T34s like PIVs.

the problem is that you're supposed to t34s like panzer IVs. it's a medium tank just like the panzer IV it should be used as a medium tank, not a light tank. it's also supposed to be weaker than the panzer IV but not as weak as it is now, because it's price is not low enough to justify it's performance when compared to a panzer IV.
25 Sep 2013, 06:26 AM

They are much better now.

I don't feel like T34s are underpowered per say, but more asymmetrically balanced. They are cheaper and have a ram ability which I find that I use a lot. I wish that's not what the t34 was about though.

Fuel wise you can get a second t34 before your opponent gets a second P4. This is your critical moment. If you can catch your opponent out of position with a ram you can take out a p4 and repair your t34 for free. There are a lot of tricks at your disposal, so no I don't think it's underpowered. I just wish it was more of an actual tank rather than some crazy niche war machine.

My gripes with where t34s are at is that they absolutely suck in frontal engagements vs anything larger than a half track. This game could have had a signature of tank engagements, but that's not possible now. If you want to fight a tank battle as soviet you have to get tank destroyers which defeats the purpose of tank on tank.

As a German player, I do prefer if my opponent goes t3 over t4. T4 generally ends late game German units.

I will also add that panzer tactician and blitzkrieg vet are real wtf bs moves, but that's another thread.

And yes, soviet AT guns are underrated. T34s with AT support is nice.

TLDR: Game seems balanced but end game tank battles are not what they could be.

25 Sep 2013, 06:31 AM

It's not

/thread.
25 Sep 2013, 07:02 AM

I like kv-1 ^^
25 Sep 2013, 07:04 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Sep 2013, 05:06 AMNullist
Raws QQ rage is so delicious and salty.

Maybe stop trying to use T34s like PIVs.

why? because you enjoy annoying people and turning threads into arguments?
25 Sep 2013, 07:06 AM

I think the t34 is good now, except for one problem, it bounces allot of shots against medium armor. If I recon the patch increased the damage from 80 to 120 and the penetration from 75 to 80. So they increased damage, but hardly touched penetration.
25 Sep 2013, 07:07 AM

Permanently Banned
the problem is that you're supposed to t34s like panzer IVs. it's a medium tank just like the panzer IV it should be used as a medium tank, not a light tank. it's also supposed to be weaker than the panzer IV but not as weak as it is now, because it's price is not low enough to justify it's performance when compared to a panzer IV.

Ehm, no.

T34 has great AI and sufficient AT to flank PIVs.
PIVs have ok AI and sufficient AT to frontal T34s.

Problem? Nope.
25 Sep 2013, 07:29 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Sep 2013, 07:06 AMAbdul
I think the t34 is good now, except for one problem, it bounces allot of shots against medium armor. If I recon the patch increased the damage from 80 to 120 and the penetration from 75 to 80. So they increased damage, but hardly touched penetration.

sure not forgetting the fact its 30 fuel cheaper than the panzer 4.

Soviet fanboys would love to make it as good as a Panzer 4 while being cheaper. But fortunately there are players who play both sides ....

its cheaper for a reason .... its NOT meant to take on a more expensive panzer 4 headon 1 v 1.

Its fantastic against infantry and can maul any light vehicles. As for panzer 4 ram still works. Its stupid to expect a t3 unit to do well against a t4 unit like the panther.

For its price its perfect. Contrast this to the useless StuG or brummbar
25 Sep 2013, 08:05 AM

sure not forgetting the fact its 30 fuel cheaper than the panzer 4.

Soviet fanboys would love to make it as good as a Panzer 4 while being cheaper. But fortunately there are players who play both sides ....

its cheaper for a reason .... its NOT meant to take on a more expensive panzer 4 headon 1 v 1.

Its fantastic against infantry and can maul any light vehicles. As for panzer 4 ram still works. Its stupid to expect a t3 unit to do well against a t4 unit like the panther.

For its price its perfect. Contrast this to the useless StuG or brummbar

You are so obsessed with soviet fan boys, you mention them in almost every comment you make. I guess they are the direct adversaries of german fan boys.

Regarding the t34, it will not be better than the panzer 4 if relic increases the penetration to 100 for example. It still has less damage and less armor. That would just make t34 round bounce a little less than half the time against panzer 4 front armor and panther back armor.
25 Sep 2013, 08:13 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Sep 2013, 08:05 AMAbdul

You are so obsessed with soviet fan boys, you mention me in almost every comment you make. I guess I am the direct adversaries of german fan boys.

Regarding the t34, it will not be better than the panzer 4 if relic increases the penetration to 100 for example. It still has less damage and less armor. That would just make t34 round bounce a little less than half the time against panzer 4 front armor and panther back armor.

There ... I acknowledged your neutrality :)

Back to topic. Buffing T34 any more than it already is will make this unit back to the op state it was in the beta.

Panzer 4 has already been nerfed pretty hard on the AI role while the t34 has been buffed to a very acceptable level for its cost.

Beyond the soviet fanboys like our friend above (who will never be satisfied till Germans are completely removed from the game), the t34 does not need any more changes and I think relic agrees with that.
25 Sep 2013, 08:24 AM

You are so obsessed with soviet fan boys, you mention me in almost every comment you make. I guess I am the direct adversaries of german fan boys.

There ... I acknowledged your neutrality :)

why do you manipulate my words, you can't debate without dishonesty?
raw
25 Sep 2013, 08:51 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Sep 2013, 05:40 AMlink0
You need to learn to use AT guns as primary AT. You CANNOT go T1-T3 unless you have a huge advantage early game.

You cannot get an advantage early game currently. That is another problem. German T1&T2 synergize too well and they can fortify the map to the point that only tank assistance is able to dislodge them now. T3 ASAP is a must not an if. One scout car max, and you better PRAY that it deals enough damage, otherwise you're toast. You can tell that you will lose the game if the german puts a Grenadier next to his MG42, playing ULTRAFORTRESS2153.

You must go T2-T3.

That does not work. T1+T2 gives you nothing to halt or even roll back the german advance, and he will have PzIV by minute 10, and then all of your T1 and T2 crap is useless. And the delay on your SU-85/T-34 will be so ridiculous, he'll be parking his PzIVs in front of your HQ before you even see the first T-34.

Of course a T34 gets stomped by a P4. It is cheaper and has a bias towards AI.

And that is exactly the problem.

Raw you are a Soviet fanboy and need to play OH sometime and watch how good Soviet players kill your P4's. As someone else said, where is the support for your T34? Use it with Cons and a Zis backed by a Maxim to keep infantry away.

I play OH and Soviets about equally and I just own every soviet on ladder so ridiculously complete by just building PzIV it's not even funny anymore. The only thing I lose to is the odd Conscript spammer. Tried that and it works against OH that lolrally their MG42s to the cutoff point.

I don't feel like T34s are underpowered per say, but more asymmetrically balanced.

You know what? I actually agree with you, if "asymmetrically balanced" wouldn't mean shitbalanced in this game. You know the whole "Support thy tanks, Comrade" crap would actually work out in game, if the soviets actually had units to support their T-34's with. But they don't! All you have is shit-tier guards chaining button down and pray for enough ammo to mark target. And that's it. Shouldn't the soviet be at least somewhat competent at supporting his armor proper, considering they really really need that backup? But no, the OH has much more competent units for the support role than you. Assymmetrical balance to me would mean that a supported T-34 is actually a frightening sight to behold for the OH and not just some speedbump on the clear and sunny road to Moskau.

If this whole combined arms crap is supposed to work somehow, then give me units that are actually able to be competent in this job. Instead of gimmick machines like the M3 and the (now defunct) T-70.

Fuel wise you can get a second t34 before your opponent gets a second P4. This is your critical moment.

I am well aware. But so is any competent enemy. He'll just stall the game until his second PzIV arrives and then it's slaughter time. And the fun part is, he knows that when he sees one T-34 there will be a second, because building anything else is not feasable. You have to microbattle the first PzIV with your T-34 + attachment, otherwise you're right where he wants you (Without even realizing it most of the time, lol, that's how ez-mode OH is currently) and you've build yourself into the soviet doom spiral.
25 Sep 2013, 15:55 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Sep 2013, 07:07 AMNullist

Ehm, no.

T34 has great AI and sufficient AT to flank PIVs.
PIVs have ok AI and sufficient AT to frontal T34s.

Problem? Nope.

that's the problem! it's not supposed to always rely on flanking! it's medium tank, not a m18 tank destroyer. + as i stated before, it's rounds are not supposed to bounce of the panthers rear. it's penetration is too low and even with my suggested 110 penetration the rounds will still bounce of the panzer IVs frontal armor. the penetration chance will only increase from 50 pct to 68 pct it's NOT A HUGE DEAL ANYWAYS so there is nothing to complain about!

the only reason why the panzer IV seems like it has bad AI is because relic nerfed the accuracy too shit ( which is the most stupidest change they have done )

elite panzer crew not hitting for shit how ridiculous is that? the only thing they should have done to mitigate panzer IVs Anti Infantry is to decrease splash damage on panzer IVs.

a few patches ago panzer IVs were so OP against infantry because their splash damage was much bigger than the t34s but instead of nerfing the splash redius they made a stupid accuracy reduction to a point where panzer IVs are less accurate than t34s.

even if t34s did manage to flank the panzer IV, the panzer IV will still win because it only takes the panzer IV 4 hits to kill a t34 while the t34 takes 7. the reload times on each tank are just less than 1 second apart so the t34 will still lose in that engagement.
25 Sep 2013, 16:04 PM

Permanently Banned
that's the problem! it's not supposed to always rely on flanking!

See, that's where you are completely wrong.

You have this false concept stuck in your head that T34 should be something that it should not be, and is not. Once you start perceiving the unit correctly, you can start using and responding to it correctly, not based on an imaginary preconception.

Read the bolded part please, carefully:

"Focus on improving T34 viability and better balancing RAM for mid-late game. The role of the T34 is that of a flanker meant to exploit enemy weak points with hit and run tactics. RAM has been adjusted to be countered through movement vs. mediums and lower. Against heavier armor, RAM now has a chance to fail based on armor and penetration. This was to account for the fact that heavy vehicles cannot maneuver out of the RAM ability as easily as light and medium vehicles."

Source: https://help.sega.com/entries/21924195-Company-of-Heroes-2-Patch-Notes-Updated-Regularly-
25 Sep 2013, 16:10 PM

Why should a T-34 be able to go head on with German tanks? It has a short cannon and kills infantry way faster. It´s also quite cheap and spammable at 280mp, 85 fuel. If you use one T-34 to combat a German tank, you are doing it wrong.

Russians imho dominate the infantry combat with huge blobs. Why can´t Germans have their better tanks?

A flanking T-34 is actually quite a good feature gameplay wise (forcing tactics instead of left click, right click) and one of the few things that´s actually realistic in this game (yeah, I did use the evil word "realism").
25 Sep 2013, 16:31 PM

Why should a T-34 be able to go head on with German tanks? It has a short cannon and kills infantry way faster. It´s also quite cheap and spammable at 280mp, 85 fuel. If you use one T-34 to combat a German tank, you are doing it wrong.

Russians imho dominate the infantry combat with huge blobs. Why can´t Germans have their better tanks?

A flanking T-34 is actually quite a good feature gameplay wise (forcing tactics instead of left click, right click) and one of the few things that´s actually realistic in this game (yeah, I did use the evil word "realism").

meanwhile German players only use left click or right click to counter any tactics, is this you want to say?
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★