Login

russian armor

COH2 Season Pass / Command Pass

24 Sep 2013, 13:51 PM

If Relic & Sega are intent on pushing tons and tons of DLC content onto us all, where the hell is the Season Pass. So we can at least buy it to support them and get a much fairer deal in the processes, on all this DLC.

WTF happened to the Command Pass and why is this not purchase able outside the Collectors edition / upgrade, and its not even including the newly created DLC commanders in it for Case Blue, only the free TOW ones already in the game.

Q: What is the Command Pass?
A: Company of Heroes 2 will be supported post launch with a number of free and premium content add-ons. The Command Pass entitles players to additional ongoing premium maps as well as allowing them to take part in member’s only events.

CoH2-PreOrder FAQ

Would people like to see a Season Pass added & what price do you think it should be, 9.99, 19.99, more or less ?
24 Sep 2013, 14:15 PM
Donator 11

I was arguing in the other thread about the new commanders that it's not P2W, anyways not yet, because the new commanders doesn't necessarily mean you have an advantage.

That being said, it's true that this DLC model is a big mess and that they should of addressed many other issues before releasing new content.

I hope they do something quick to reassure the community, because I love this game but I'm really not sure about the direction they are taking
24 Sep 2013, 15:48 PM

Permanently Banned
they should make something like "Company of Heroes 2 Premium" ,like BF3 premium which contains every DLC(not the game)
24 Sep 2013, 18:56 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Sep 2013, 15:48 PMakosi
they should make something like "Company of Heroes 2 Premium" ,like BF3 premium which contains every DLC(not the game)

Yes! Yet I feel like Relic/Sega isn't sure on how much dlc they want to push out.
24 Sep 2013, 21:18 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Sep 2013, 15:48 PMakosi

It's pretty much what I expected when I bought the CE, if I already have to pay for this, the CE was pretty useless..
24 Sep 2013, 21:35 PM

Gah, I'd hate to spend more on the game. If they create a very solid game, and build on its community, then the game will make more money than they could ever do by milking the small regular player-base the game already has.

there are always new customers, but there's only so much you can make existing players pay for more of the game they already paid for.

I see a lot arguments, that state, for obvious reasons, that the company need to get money from somewhere to continue the support, and while I agree that a game needs to have been making good money to fund that support - you just cannot bring in more money by taking more from the people who've already given you plenty. There are always more customers, who will pay for your game, and get a friend to buy their game, and stream the game, tweet about it, and spread news about the game, and make more people investigate it, and buy it, when you create a solid, fun platform which people love using all the various commanders, maps, and being a part of a community who aren't getting dimed at every turn.

If they seriously want to see their five-year commitment plan for the game being worth the investment, then they should stop this process immediately. No one will buy this trivial content more than once, and thereafter all's left are a disenfranchised playerbase who refuse to support your game - and they'll never be able to convince their friends to buy the game when they look on steam and see all this DLC that they'll want, buy won't want to fork out an extra £60 for, simply to enjoy the game as it was meant to be.

It's not like there just aren't any more people on this planet to buy the game. there are millions more than you could expect, within reason, to buy the game. Encourage them to buy it by making a fantastic game, instead of bleeding dry the few thousand loyal players who'll let themselves get duped by premiums (I think the premium idea is a bad one!), and necessary DLC.
24 Sep 2013, 21:42 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Sep 2013, 21:35 PMScerun
It's not like there just aren't any more people on this planet to buy the game. there are millions more than you could expect, within reason, to buy the game. Encourage them to buy it by making a fantastic game, instead of bleeding dry the few thousand loyal players who'll let themselves get duped by premiums (I think the premium idea is a bad one!), and necessary DLC.

Unfortunately, the premium idea is better than what we have now.
24 Sep 2013, 21:59 PM

Unfortunately, the premium idea is better than what we have now.

and that's sort of why I fear, assuming they change their stance, is something that will be seriously considered as the alternative here. I suppose until then all i can do is make disgruntled grumbles and mutters beneath my breath, and hope for the best :D
24 Sep 2013, 22:00 PM

Permanently Banned
relic want to beat the Call of Duty DLC numbers. :P
26 Sep 2013, 00:24 AM

Noun said he would pass the idea along, when I asked about it on hans stream chat very late Tuesday night.
26 Sep 2013, 01:05 AM
Developer Relic Badge
Donator 11

I'd honestly prefer a Season Pass to get everything at once, yeah.
26 Sep 2013, 08:41 AM
Patrion 14

I'd also be willing to fork out for a Season pass, if it included all TOW, commanders, skins, faceplates, etc. Would easily part with £25 for that.
26 Sep 2013, 09:58 AM
Benefactor 3110

Dear Relic,
dear Noun,
Hi Guys,

let us try to be constructive. I would suggest following solution:

Relic/Sega introduces a season pass for let us say 30 EUR a year (including all playable content) and a premium Season pass for 40 EUR a year including more skins special faceplates and so on.
Owner of the CE get the season pass for 10 EUR less. Solves 2 pressing issues with one stone.

I think that there should be points on relic/Sega side too:
1. Lobby is overdue
2. Total annihilation mode and other options for casual players
3. All winter maps need an counterpart with ice but less sow, and no blizzard
4. Dedicated Servers at least at beginning for owners of premums Season pass, later on for everyone. I know that this is not what relic/sega wanted, but the community demands it strongly (Anti Cheat)so it should happen.
5. The very good patchs need to be coming like atm.

Thank you for your time,

Best Regards

26 Sep 2013, 10:17 AM

Wow that's a really constructive feedback and definitely something that should be given a thought. Too bad I don't think Relic/SEGA will take almost complete opposite direction with this DLC thing anymore.

But I'll vote for this man and am ready to sign some petition for those comments. :D
26 Sep 2013, 15:04 PM

A coh 2 premium pack would be fine and I would buy it. But want to know how to make all this contraversy go away? Introduce in game currency which can buy commanders.

Heck, make it really expensive and laborious to even unlock 1 commander, maybe you get 1 coin per automatch victory and it costs you 100 coins to unlock one commander. Even that feels better to me, because there's something in that kind of a deal that isn't really present at the moment. And that is hope of getting the content without having to reach for the credit card.
26 Sep 2013, 15:04 PM

That said the new commanders are interesting and new designs, good job and all.
26 Sep 2013, 15:46 PM

I would like some sort of season pass as well. Borderlands 2 did it, it worked well and was reasonably priced too.
Only Relic postRelic 26 Sep 2013, 16:32 PM
Developer Relic Badge

Great feedback everyone, I'll talk to our producer today and get some discussion going. I just want to say that we want nothing more than to see COH2 be the best RTS on the market. I know there are a lot of people who really care for this game and are pushing to make it better day by day. There are some great things on the horizon, I'm very excited and know everyone else will be too!
26 Sep 2013, 16:40 PM

Great feedback everyone, I'll talk to our producer today and get some discussion going. I just want to say that we want nothing more than to see COH2 be the best RTS on the market. I know there are a lot of people who really care for this game and are pushing to make it better day by day. There are some great things on the horizon, I'm very excited and know everyone else will be too!

Wow, thanks for taking us seriously and trying to improve the gaming experience! :)
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★