Login

russian armor

Bug or Feature?

28 Sep 2018, 07:31 AM

I dont know if any1 else does this but it certainly helps me alot. versing soviets, it can always be risky to assume which tier the player is gonna go because obvio plans change accordingly (u wudnt want a wehr mortar vs T1 soviet or a gren spam vs maxims). Point is, ur pretty much playing a guessing game which can put u on the backfoot. Unless..

So what i do is i flip my camera over to the soviet base. and keep it there for a bit. around 20 30 seconds later, a structure is built. and the XP u get for building that is visible through the Fog of War. Soviet T1 gives u 210xp and T2 gives u 260xp. so essentially as soon as the building is built and ur camera is over the soviet base, u can see how much xp the player got for building and hence find out which tier he went with. Ofcourse if around the 1 min mark u dont see any xp, u can assume ur opponent went with a con spam.

What i cant quite figure out is if this is a feature or a bug that never got noticed? Seeing xp thru the fog of war. i know its essential in combat because arty often gets kills taht u need to see thru the fog of war but as far as base building goes, is it necessary to get xp? eitherway its really helpful. If its not a bug and not considered cheating, i suggest all players should do this. its really helpful.
28 Sep 2018, 07:38 AM

It is a 'bug', that some people use as feature to get some idea what to expect. I consider this as part of the game now, equal to the idea of listening to audio cue to find out where (and which) enemy tanks are through the fog of war.

It used to be worse, as players were able to spot the opposing player's building shadows through the fog of war. At least now with merely XP popping up, opposing players have to spend longer with their camera in the enemy base to get an idea of their builds.

Although that player may get some advantage, he spends less time focusing on their own units, as they have to spend time lookin elsewhere.
28 Sep 2018, 07:41 AM

since this is only valid for soviets, relic should maybe make the xp received for both buildings be the same? im not sure i never read anywhere that this was illegal. but it certainly doesnt seem so. its not like the player is breaking any rules. if ghostbagging is legal. i dont see why this should be illegal. maybe bm. but certainly not outside the rules of the game. if so. relic should address. its like when u cud find out if a building was garrissoned bhind the fog of war by clicking it and it wud go red. relic changed that but it wasnt cheating.
28 Sep 2018, 07:45 AM

I think the amount of time needed for players to get any big bonus out of this is outweighed by focusing on the game and winning the first match advantage deciding engagement.
28 Sep 2018, 07:51 AM

maybe. but doesnt take long. maybe the initial 20 seconds of the game when not much is happening anway. can be really good to know if ur expecting a scout car and sniper spam or not.
28 Sep 2018, 08:46 AM

It's always a feature in triple A game.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

South Africa 1
Germany 114

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %