Login

russian armor

What strategy has worked for you?

24 Sep 2018, 04:26 AM

Whether it be 1v1 or 4v4, what has worked for you in the recent patch?

For me, I use all three Infentry section bullitens. I build 3 infantry sections (total of 4 INF.Sections), upgrade to command post, make all my infentry into medics except for one. I give that one flares and use him to counter MGs. Everywhere I go, I make sure to put them in cover and I space them all out far enough to where they can all shoot at the same unit when fighting. I have no problem wiping squads like this. I take out Kubelwagens in a pinch. Even when it's 1 kubel vs 1 Inf. Section. If there is no green cover, I make sandbags. If they bring out a vehicle before I make my 4 info. Section, I go Special Weapons commander and build Tank Hunters. 1 At grenade and a few shots will kill a half track. The fact that I don't have an MG keeps me pretty mobile, so I don't have problems worrying about mortars too much. And every time I have to retreat, I make sure to build fuel on any point that I can before returning that Info. Section back to the front line. That helps deter the enemy from taking your points that are too far for me to get to and worry about. Plus, it helps me build cromwells. When I build my first Cromwell, I try to keep it safe. I move it up when they bring a vehicle to the battle. Once they see it, they usually back away and so do I. After my second Cromwell, I start overwhelming them. I always use one to push while the other flanks. I'll reverse the one that pushes after it gets hit a could of times and the enemy is so committed to it that the flanking one takes everything else out. I usually end the game with 4 cromwells if everything goes well.

I've been trying to find different strategies but it honestly took me a lot of trial and error before I figured this one out. Hope it helps you become a better British player.
25 Sep 2018, 05:54 AM

What I do mostly on team games (since I don't play 1v1) can be described as follow:

My Bulletin Builds

Infantry focus

• Recruit Training: Infantry - Infantry Section Squads have 3% increased accuracy.
  • Officer Training: Infantry - Infantry Section Squads will reload 3% faster.
  • Veteran Training: Infantry - Infantry Section rifles cool down 2% faster between shots and reload 2% faster.

Tank focus

• Veteran Training: Infantry - Infantry Section rifles cool down 2% faster between shots and reload 2%
  • Veteran Training: Tank - The Cromwell Mk. IV's main weapon reloads 5% faster.
  • Officer Training: Tank - Cromwell Mk. IV's have 4% increased armor protection.

Anti-Tank focus

• Ground & Pound! - QF 17 Pounder AT Gun Emplacements reload 5% faster.
  • Veteran Training: Infantry - Infantry Section rifles cool down 2% faster between shots and reload 2% faster.
  • Veteran Training: Anti-tank Gun - The Ordnance QF 6-Pounder Anti-tank Gun has a 4% increased armor penetration.

You can check all available bulletins here.

These two works pretty well if you manage to get atleast 2 Inf. Sections to flank and 1 Vicker as backup in case they try to overrun your infantry. Tech the Five man squad and if you want, get the Universal Carrier first before another Inf. Section since you can choice the flamethrower upgrade (after teching ofc) to deal with enemy MGs. Save fuel an get Royal Engineers to deploy a mortar pit. Then I get the grenade upgrade and weapons rack upgrade. Sometimes I pick the AEC in case of enemy going Flamethrower SdKfz 251 Half-track (because bulletin) or to pick off artillery trucks like Stuka or Panzerwerfer in late game. Bofors is great but if you have agressive teammates. The hard part relies on picking anti-infantry stuff because enemy tend to blob in these team games or go for anti-armor with Firefly and Comets. Cromwells lack a bit of damage against PIV and can't do too much against Panther, that's why bulletin can help a bit to balance it. If your allies going TD like Jackson, Fireflies or SU, you can go the Anvil tech and get the Churchill to support them.

The only issue so far is related to artillery, since I rely too much on the Royal Artillery Commander to take off enemy positions and the Sexton which is great.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★