Login

russian armor

How viable are Easy 8s?

28 Jun 2018, 04:04 AM

It seems like they've lost some of their appeal since the Jackson is so much better than it was prior to the Winter patch last year and they don't seem nearly as good vs infantry as the standard Sherman.
28 Jun 2018, 04:12 AM

Rifle company if used right can be the best commander in my opinion for me he is the best commander i like E8 combo with scott and jackson and flairs with flamer and whie phosfour but i didnt like that E8 scatter nerf its bad enough vs infrantry lets make it worst good idea anyway i want a speed buff.
28 Jun 2018, 04:25 AM

Rifle company if used right can be the best commander in my opinion for me he is the best commander i like E8 combo with scott and jackson and flairs with flamer and whie phosfour but i didnt like that E8 scatter nerf its bad enough vs infrantry lets make it worst good idea anyway i want a speed buff.

Oh they nerfed its scatter? No wonder it seems to suck more now. I swear these balance guys love to nerf USF for no apparent reason. Did the P4 get a nerf? No. Did the MG42 get a nerf? No. Did the STUG get a nerf? Not really. But did the E8 get a nerf? Yes. Did the .50 cal get a nerf? Yes.

If they were to give the E8 a buff I'd like it to get 800 health like the T34/85 and keep all other stats.
28 Jun 2018, 04:52 AM

720 health has right now is the same hit poitns like 800 they take the same hits exept from shrecks and stug got rate of fire nerf and E8 armour is preatty good and a lot better than t 34 85s and a lot cheaper and easier to get than comet
28 Jun 2018, 16:27 PM

E8s are good all around Tanks, faster, tougher and no need to ammo swap, regular Shermans are better AI tanks, Jacksons are better at killing other tanks and Scotts are much cheaper.
I'd use them if I picked Rifle Company, one of them can spearhead and survive things a regular Sherman can't, with 215 armor they also bounce some shots from time to time, just keep in mind it will still die to snare + 4 ATG shots.
4 Jul 2018, 11:58 AM

I really don't understand why E8's were nerfed in DBP, especially when P4 and panther have been buffed so much and t34/85's remain godmode.
4 Jul 2018, 19:55 PM

I really don't understand why E8's were nerfed in DBP, especially when P4 and panther have been buffed so much and t34/85's remain godmode.

Oh I understand completely. A balance team that placates Wehraboos. The patches they make only serve to screw over USF and UKF and occasionally scale back OKW.
5 Jul 2018, 12:38 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Jul 2018, 19:55 PMCODGUY

Oh I understand completely. A balance team that placates Wehraboos. The patches they make only serve to screw over USF and UKF and occasionally scale back OKW.

c'mon bruh!

That's really a strange claim to make. The balance team would have absolutely no incentive to make specific factions outperform others.
9 Aug 2018, 18:05 PM

Maybe they want usf to concentrate their gameplay around infatery all game long? So nerf their vehicule to be dependant on, their infantery to open or close the encounter?
9 Aug 2018, 18:10 PM

It's pretty good, you can use 2 of them as shields while Jacksons use their superior range to damage enemy vehicles. I believe that E8 is a pretty balanced tank, with 50-50 AI/AT capabilities.
11 Aug 2018, 08:35 AM

It's pretty good, you can use 2 of them as shields while Jacksons use their superior range to damage enemy vehicles. I believe that E8 is a pretty balanced tank, with 50-50 AI/AT capabilities.

It has inferior AI abilities than the Panzer 4 when it shouldn't so no its not really that balanced.
13 Aug 2018, 19:31 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Aug 2018, 08:35 AMCODGUY

It has inferior AI abilities than the Panzer 4 when it shouldn't so no its not really that balanced.

I have one shotted many squads with it, but i guess it's just RNG. Also, it's better to have 2 of them, than having 2 regular Shermans
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★