Login

russian armor

pqumsieh and his faction choice

• This thread is locked
12 Sep 2013, 19:10 PM

Just curious .... every single cast pqumsieh has been on, he plays only soviets. Being a balance dev maybe for the interest of neutrality it would be nice if he showed a few games as him playing as Germans.

With the recent over nerfs of German units (specially PZ4 and MG42), it might be good if he could show himself playng as Germans in the next cast.
12 Sep 2013, 19:12 PM
Donator 11

dude, calm down lol, speculating there is a conspiracy now ? wtf

and for now, you can't confirm that's it's a over nerf so relax with your conclusions.
12 Sep 2013, 19:13 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Sep 2013, 19:12 PMZ3r07
dude, calm down lol, speculating there is a conspiracy now ? wtf

and for now, you can't confirm that's it's a over nerf so relax with your conclusions.

show me one cast where the dude played as Germans ....

12 Sep 2013, 19:16 PM

What is this great nerf to the PIV then? Please tell, I'm all ears.

This patch is definitely far more fun to play than the last one on either side, even if I don't agree with the heavy tank price changes.
12 Sep 2013, 19:17 PM

I played against him on the beta with him playing ostheer.

Balance beta, not the closed/open betas pre-release.
12 Sep 2013, 19:21 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Sep 2013, 19:16 PMCruzz
What is this great nerf to the PIV then? Please tell, I'm all ears.

This patch is definitely far more fun to play than the last one on either side, even if I don't agree with the heavy tank price changes.

On the few occasions if you decide to play as Germans (I know its hard), put a panzer 4 in front of a conscript squad and notice HOW LONG it takes for the conscripts to take damage. Now do the reverse for a T34 on a gren squad and see how they get vaporized (despite the fact PZ4 is 30 fuel more expensive)

Of course the patch will be fun for soviet lovers, now you can rush conscripts headon into an mg42 without being supressed and even like the good old glory days use maxims to charge into a 42's line of fire and kill it.

My argument is that take a look at the history of the patches.

Every single forum post about nerfing Germans (PZ4/strafe/opel/mg42) and buffing soviets (shocks/t34/is2/maxim) was given a response by relic. Fair enough some of them did need it BUT

But anything game breaking like KV8 insta killing anything and everything or the uber cheap su85 costing the same fuel as a pz4 but outranging every single non doctrinal german unit despite there being 10 page threads on it hardly warrants a response.
12 Sep 2013, 19:22 PM

Yes, let's accuse the devs of favoritism and give them even less incentive to read these forums. Fantastic.

/thread.
12 Sep 2013, 19:24 PM

Truly,there is no more hope left for this one...
12 Sep 2013, 19:26 PM

this just proves he is a masochist. playing Russians all the time. and still nerfing them. my god.
12 Sep 2013, 19:27 PM

yeah your over reacting mate, why would the devs purposly make one faction better? and ruin their own game as a result. id think about what you say before you say it
12 Sep 2013, 19:36 PM

On the few occasions if you decide to play as Germans (I know its hard), put a panzer 4 in front of a conscript squad and notice HOW LONG it takes for the conscripts to take damage. Now do the reverse for a T34 on a gren squad and see how they get vaporized (despite the fact PZ4 is 30 fuel more expensive)

You know what? No. I'm not even going to.
12 Sep 2013, 19:36 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 117

Only Relic postRelic 12 Sep 2013, 19:39 PM

Faction choices in our Twitch streams are selected to show off the balance changes. Iv the team feels that they have something to show off with one faction, then that's the one they play.

Whether or not Peter has a favourite faction it's his job to balance both of them.

Similarly since he's the one in charge of doing so, he can make them both fun to play and address any issues he feels is making one "unfun".
12 Sep 2013, 19:47 PM

There were some serious changes to the ostheer in the last patch that were really awesome panzerjager2 that you are totally ignoring.

- Panthers cost 130 fuel now. 130. fuel. My gawd.

- Tigers cost 200 fuel now. 200.

Both these awesome tanks cost waaay less fuel and getting some late game manpower is very doable as ostheer. These changes will positively and drastically change options for german late game and I don't think you have grasped that.
12 Sep 2013, 19:52 PM
Donator 11

show me one cast where the dude played as Germans ....

who cares ? the guy's job is to balance the game and he's not the only one doing it anyways.
12 Sep 2013, 20:00 PM

There were some serious changes to the ostheer in the last patch that were really awesome panzerjager2 that you are totally ignoring.

- Panthers cost 130 fuel now. 130. fuel. My gawd.

- Tigers cost 200 fuel now. 200.

Both these awesome tanks cost waaay less fuel and getting some late game manpower is very doable as ostheer. These changes will positively and drastically change options for german late game and I don't think you have grasped that.

Regardless of the thread´s content: Stop selling the manpower increase/fuel decrease as a buff to German tanks. Until now the higher manpower cost has only broken my neck. Could be that I also lost because my mind was dizzy from all the fuel fumes of the barrels I had stored in my HUD.
12 Sep 2013, 20:00 PM
Patrion 14

Well, the P4 is more of an AT tank and the T34 more AI, so from your description it seems like it works as intended.
12 Sep 2013, 20:20 PM

Oh come on. Is this serious?

*looks at OP*

*sighs*
12 Sep 2013, 20:23 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Sep 2013, 19:39 PMNoun
Similarly since he's the one in charge of doing so, he can make them both fun to play and address any issues he feels is making one "unfun".

Well to offset some of the negativity, I'll say as a person who put hundreds of hours into CoH automatch over the years and who was quickly losing interest in CoH2... this patch has seriously returned the fun to the game, in a way that I haven't had since vCoH. Thank you.
12 Sep 2013, 20:30 PM
Donator 11

Can a thread get any more dumber than this?
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Sweden 49
Poland 9

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment