Login

russian armor

Penal Squads messege to relic

9 Sep 2013, 12:48 PM

Hey, im a big fan of the penel squads and they should be changed slightly in regards to the satchel.

When i throw a satchel no amount of micro can get them to quickly move from the blast radius i usaully lose 2 members at the least. Please either increase the throw range or for perhaps 5muni give them an after satchel only oorah for a few secs to clear the area.
9 Sep 2013, 12:53 PM

Since you are a fan, do you have a specific build order? :)
9 Sep 2013, 13:02 PM

i play 2v2 alot so my build order depends who im playing with but usually i build t1 then penel then get my engie to build fuel point then get conscript and 2 more penels. its not an air tight plan but they can be really good at getting mgs to pack up and can own grens.
9 Sep 2013, 13:42 PM
Benefactor 115

they are a suicidal squad so I guess that was intended??
9 Sep 2013, 13:47 PM
Patrion 14

Tbh it's not that hard to get your units away from the satchel charge at all. Provided that you play on a summer map.

In deep snow or a blizzard it's fricking impossible, it even happened that I lose some penal models while retreating because they are so damn slow in the deep snow.

@Peruci: I'm starting to become a fan aswell, in 1v1 I get 2 conscripts, scout car, penal + flamethrower, then get AT nades. After that guards/snipers/medics -> T4.

Always keep a conscript near the scout car to counter German scout cars. Use the scout car to counter MGs. Because of the penal in the scout car I rarely need molotovs anymore, which is great because I suddenly have a lot of extra munis to spend on mines and AT nades to counter the early scout car/halftrack.
9 Sep 2013, 14:06 PM

Tbh it's not that hard to get your units away from the satchel charge at all. Provided that you play on a summer map.

In deep snow or a blizzard it's fricking impossible, it even happened that I lose some penal models while retreating because they are so damn slow in the deep snow.

@Peruci: I'm starting to become a fan aswell, in 1v1 I get 2 conscripts, scout car, penal + flamethrower, then get AT nades. After that guards/snipers/medics -> T4.

Always keep a conscript near the scout car to counter German scout cars. Use the scout car to counter MGs. Because of the penal in the scout car I rarely need molotovs anymore, which is great because I suddenly have a lot of extra munis to spend on mines and AT nades to counter the early scout car/halftrack.

This has been my recent build order as well. I was screwing around with it in 2v2, and at least it's a fun change of pace to fight the MG spam. I don't get the flamers on them though... one of the downsides of using the clown car is having to get up too close with flamers. I just leave them unupgraded and hit infantry from a range. With good micro, you can pick off units with their good DPS without having to close in (also prevents the manpower bleed of using expensive penals). When facing a unit in a building, I jump out and throw a satchel. It's at least fun when you knock the building down with a unit inside. But yeah, I also have a hard time getting everyone out of the way of the satchel. The throw range is too short.
9 Sep 2013, 14:17 PM
Benefactor 115

sounds like a Panzerfaust Feast
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 26
Netherlands 7
Germany 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W