Login

russian armor

high lvl soviet players using sniper/guards/su85

8 Sep 2013, 22:49 PM

Been playing a number of 2 v 2 against lvl100 players using the usual sniper/clown car cheesy tactic with conscript support.

Now since these are not noobs my usual method of trying faust them while finishing off with an mg never works. He just runs away sniping my gren squads 1 by 1 while staying out of faust range. As expected I have to retreat early on so by the time I have my scout car with the 20mm upgrade I have lost map control.

I try to flank his clown car with my sdkfz and of course since guards arrive at the same time he just buttons me up and finishes my 70 munitions investment.

By the time I get enough fuel for an ostwind he already has su85s pumping out and more snipers which means i just give up.

Any viable strategies to deal with well microd sniper cars early game and prevent total loss of map control ?
8 Sep 2013, 23:04 PM
Honorary Member Badge

If he rushed sc sniper you should be going 3 t1 units to upgraded ac, spread your units out and cap instead of forcing combat. AC comes out and he will not even have the CP for guards.
13 Sep 2013, 03:19 AM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 11

I gave up on using the soviet scout car. An upgunned German AC tears through them. If he rushes sniper scout car, like Sepha said, avoid combat. If I waste munitions on Fausts, I sometimes can't upgun my AC right away. Just get an AC and watch it Vet up while destroying every scout car he has.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★