Login

russian armor

Maxim

8 Sep 2013, 17:08 PM

The tooltip says "Suppress and ultimately kill large groups of infantry"

Should be changed to "Hopefully suppress and kill a unit after 3-4 years of focused fire"
8 Sep 2013, 17:16 PM

Oh NOES adamantawesome can no longer setup a maxim in front of a mg42 while being supressed and kill the 42 so lets make them shoot mini nukes since adamantawesome cant do that any more.

Did you know maxim still has more DPS and faster setup and packup time than 42 , not to mention 6 squad members. Since soviet fanboys love telling german players to "flank" in respect to SU85 how about doing the same. At least mg42 will never survive a flank unlike the warp speed reversing 85.

This is just another soviet biased rant thread from our resident soviet whiner ... move on folks
8 Sep 2013, 17:52 PM

Oh NOES adamantawesome can no longer setup a maxim in front of a mg42 while being supressed and kill the 42 so lets make them shoot mini nukes since adamantawesome cant do that any more.

Did you know maxim still has more DPS and faster setup and packup time than 42 , not to mention 6 squad members. Since soviet fanboys love telling german players to "flank" in respect to SU85 how about doing the same. At least mg42 will never survive a flank unlike the warp speed reversing 85.

This is just another soviet biased rant thread from our resident soviet whiner ... move on folks

Noone wants the Maxim like it used to be (and it won't ever be now the MG-wars are fixed) but right now it doesn't really have much of a role. The nerfs were necessary before the MG changes (because previously an MG-42 was not a deterrent to maximspam, but now it is), now they seem to have hit it pretty hard. I think the set-up time increase is still fine, the DPS is a bit low, the suppression on the maxim doesn't really need a buff but but the MG-42 suppression is ridiculously fast right now. The DPS doesn't feel higher than the MG-42's. Is it actually? By how much?

The getting a grenade off against a maxim is much easier than against an MG-42, and Ostheer tools for winkling units from buildings are inconsistent but can one-shot them a lot of the time.
8 Sep 2013, 18:02 PM

Maxim has slightly lower short range DPS, but it's deteriorating slower with range than MG42 DPS - which makes the Maxim almost twice as effective in terms of damage at long range as the MG42.

You can compare it yourself here:

Maxim

MG42
8 Sep 2013, 18:23 PM

AFK till next patch, the MG42 is gonna be hit by nerf BAT
8 Sep 2013, 18:48 PM

At least mg42 will never survive a flank unlike the warp speed reversing 85.

Really? Look to this forum and videos. Strange, MG42 survives flanking :D

http://www.coh2.org/topic/7676/sickbored-of-mg42-.
8 Sep 2013, 18:51 PM

MG should be cheaper and build quicker also. For 240mp Soviets can build heavy-hitters like engineers and conscripts. And why does a Sniper have about the same range as an MG42? I think the MG42 should have twice the range of a Sniper. In its current state the MG42 is useless.
8 Sep 2013, 18:56 PM

MG should be cheaper and build quicker also. For 240mp Soviets can build heavy-hitters like engineers and conscripts. And why does a Sniper have about the same range as an MG42? I think the MG42 should have twice the range of a Sniper. In its current state the MG42 is useless.

Sarcasm, I hope?
8 Sep 2013, 19:01 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Sep 2013, 18:56 PMDmeets

Sarcasm, I hope?

Nope...Also the incendiary ability is totally useless.
It should be standard ammunition for MG42 and instantly combust any Soviet infantry on hit. It should also inflict heavy vehicle motor damage on hit and since the ability is meant to deal with vehicles it should increasingly melt a vehicle down to a puddle of liquid metal which then can be possessed by demonic forces, by engraving a pentagram into your screen. The now enslaved puddle can be used to transform into T-1000 and start looking for John Connor.
8 Sep 2013, 19:11 PM

maxims are not mg42. they are not for suppressing they are not for guarding areas. they are for Attack moving while your conscripts make chaos killing things. they are more assaulty than defensive. do i like them?

no.
8 Sep 2013, 19:16 PM

Faster set up doesn't magically make it more effective against infantry, it's not going to suppress anything so setting up again won't help.

Yes, Soviet players do tell German players to flank the SU-85, because the SU-85 doesn't IMMEDIATELY IMMOBILIZE anything in it's view.

The MG-42 can easily survive a flank, trust me, it's not that hard to run away with it and re position, if one man gets caught in the fire of the MG42, whole squad is suppressed.

The Maxim on the other hand, takes ages to suppress and gives more than enough time for troops to take it out with 2 swift rifle grenades.

Judging by your seemingly rage-induced counter post, it seems as if you have never used a post-patch Maxim nor have encountered one. Or perhaps you have encountered one, but it was so easy to take it out you barely noticed it.

I don't want the Maxim to shoot mini nukes, but it would be balanced in this current game build, compared to the gravity manipulative MG42 rounds.
8 Sep 2013, 19:42 PM

the arc is terrible on the maxim, I don't think the other disadvantages make up for the puny arc of fire. I wish it were a bit bigger.
8 Sep 2013, 19:47 PM

Nope...Also the incendiary ability is totally useless.
It should be standard ammunition for MG42 and instantly combust any Soviet infantry on hit. It should also inflict heavy vehicle motor damage on hit and since the ability is meant to deal with vehicles it should increasingly melt a vehicle down to a puddle of liquid metal which then can be possessed by demonic forces, by engraving a pentagram into your screen. The now enslaved puddle can be used to transform into T-1000 and start looking for John Connor.

Ohhhhh I like where this is going. Can it also get a rocket barrage ability?
8 Sep 2013, 19:53 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Sep 2013, 19:47 PMDmeets

Ohhhhh I like where this is going. Can it also get a rocket barrage ability?

That should be Vet 2 :)...At Vet 3, MG42 should have the ability to walk over water and resurrect dead units
8 Sep 2013, 19:55 PM

what a useful thread full of insightful discussion. except for TensaiOni, hes just posting useless things like stats.

really though, theres no point to threads like this. how many times have people discussed that the mgs arent working right. relic has even said that this is going to change in the next patch. nothing new is going to be said in here.

germans: flank! mg42 is fine! l2p!
soviets: but maxim has no arc! setup time isnt enough! generic sarcastic post about how the mg42 needs buffs!

these discussions go nowhere. wait for the next patch before making more threads to bring up issues everyone is already aware of. if they dont fix it, then you have every right to bring this up. but it will be fixed.
8 Sep 2013, 20:07 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Sep 2013, 19:55 PMwooof
what a useful thread full of insightful discussion. except for TensaiOni, hes just posting useless things like stats.

really though, theres no point to threads like this. how many times have people discussed that the mgs arent working right. relic has even said that this is going to change in the next patch. nothing new is going to be said in here.

germans: flank! mg42 is fine! l2p!
soviets: but maxim has no arc! setup time isnt enough! generic sarcastic post about how the mg42 needs buffs!

these discussions go nowhere. wait for the next patch before making more threads to bring up issues everyone is already aware of. if they dont fix it, then you have every right to bring this up. but it will be fixed.

Well the threads are creative at least :)
8 Sep 2013, 20:09 PM

Maxim has slightly lower short range DPS, but it's deteriorating slower with range than MG42 DPS - which makes the Maxim almost twice as effective in terms of damage at long range as the MG42.

You can compare it yourself here:

Maxim

MG42

Really useful graphs. Looks to me like in most scenarios the DPS is pretty close and the drop-off is small. At short range the MG-42 wins out and at long range the maxim is slightly better. Based on that graph, Maxim DPS I think could stand a bit of an increase now the MG fights are sorted.
8 Sep 2013, 20:16 PM

Yes, Soviet players do tell German players to flank the SU-85, because the SU-85 doesn't IMMEDIATELY IMMOBILIZE anything in it's view.

The MG-42 can easily survive a flank, trust me, it's not that hard to run away with it and re position, if one man gets caught in the fire of the MG42, whole squad is suppressed.

The Maxim on the other hand, takes ages to suppress and gives more than enough time for troops to take it out with 2 swift rifle grenades.

Judging by your seemingly rage-induced counter post, it seems as if you have never used a post-patch Maxim nor have encountered one. Or perhaps you have encountered one, but it was so easy to take it out you barely noticed it.

I don't want the Maxim to shoot mini nukes, but it would be balanced in this current game build, compared to the gravity manipulative MG42 rounds.

O'Rly 2 rifle grenades cost how many munitions ???? I once launched 3 X Rg's and the maxim still had 2 men.

If you flank a mg42 there is no way he has the time to unpack and re set up before you move out of his lof (unless your a mega noob)

8 Sep 2013, 20:24 PM

Over nerf.

This stems from the fact Relic applied the reduced damage/supression rate of a pinned HMG team after they reduced the damage/supression of the Maxim in a previous patch.

The unit is poor and I find it especially aggrevating as unless your Maxim catches Grenadiers from max range you will be naded and quite possibly have to retreat.

Why should a Soviet player have to scout for HMG teams whilst a Ostheer player can sit there and pin a Soviet infantry squad the exact moment they see one another? I have no problem with Ostheer getting that nade off in a frontal assault, but they must be punished for it for not flanking. If you want to get the rifle nade off, you should take more damage for staying still. To often I see Ostheer players go head on into Maxims, win the engagement and pisses me off.

Maxims avoiding rifle nades is harder than an MG42 dodging a molotov aswell due to the spin the Maxim must do to go back and if you go forward the rear crew members are hit. I quite often nowadays just take the nade and hope it only kills 1-2, unless I know my men are really clumped in which I retreat.

8 Sep 2013, 20:24 PM

If you flank a mg42 there is no way he has the time to unpack and re set up before you move out of his lof (unless your a mega noob)

Maybe in a perfect world where individual squad members don't constantly get stuck behind corners. And it still requires more effort for the FLANKER than the MG42 user to keep the flank going, which is hilariously stupid.

Oh and if you happen to be flanking out in the open rather than next to some obstacle, the MG42 has more than enough time to realign even with oorah.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 14

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight