Login

russian armor

What on earth is this?

5 Sep 2013, 04:59 AM

I was playing against Stephen few days ago and had a perfect opportunity to flank an almost dead AT gun and damaged t34 when this happened:

Why on earth would this panzer 4 dance around the tree for 15 seconds!!!!!!?

By the time it was done the AT gun was repositioned and 1 inf squad was too close.
5 Sep 2013, 05:01 AM

Looks like you issued a move order too many times, coupled with in game lag. You probably told it to drive around, then reverse, then drive again, and coupled with input delay. Panzer IV also doesn't have heavy crush so it couldn't just run over the tree.

Totally sucks.
5 Sep 2013, 05:07 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Sep 2013, 05:01 AMEndeav
Looks like you issued a move order too many times, coupled with in game lag. You probably told it to drive around, then reverse, then drive again, and coupled..

hmm, i remember panicking, but not to that extent, lol. I issued commands maybe 2-3 times and then stopped and watched in amazement.
5 Sep 2013, 05:09 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Sep 2013, 05:07 AMAbdul

hmm, i remember panicking, but not to that extent, lol. I issued commands maybe 2-3 times and then stopped and watched in amazement.

2-3 times would do it =(
5 Sep 2013, 05:09 AM

5 Sep 2013, 05:21 AM

It's the pathing problem, vehicles tends to move themselves for no reason (seeking cover?)
5 Sep 2013, 05:47 AM

tank pathfinding is atrocious in this game
5 Sep 2013, 06:16 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Sep 2013, 05:01 AMEndeav
Looks like you issued a move order too many times, coupled with in game lag. You probably told it to drive around, then reverse, then drive again, and coupled with input delay. Panzer IV also doesn't have heavy crush so it couldn't just run over the tree.

Totally sucks.

It happens all the time (especially with SU85) simple 15 degree turn backwards turns into comical circling. IDK why, pahthing maybe.

Same issue with giving Piv or panther command to move forward which ends up with vehicle presenting its side to the gun, trying to face front often ends up with giving up and just watching @ comical 'dancing' as you put it
5 Sep 2013, 07:01 AM

There seems to be illogical places where vehicle pathing goes bonkers. In kholodny ferma summer, my tank, as it was moving south along the road to the muni point, did a weird turn in the middle of the road, as if it tried to evade something.
5 Sep 2013, 07:46 AM

The tank pathing in this game seems to not take into account how wide vehicles are. They will often drive in a way that they will get stuck on something and the do a 180 degree turn to fix themselves. Panincking and giving it a order will only making it worse forcing It to hit the same spot again. It is much more noticeable on tanks that don't have crush.

Hopefully relic can fix it so that tanks can keep some distance between objects it can't get through on longer paths.
5 Sep 2013, 07:50 AM

Permanently Banned
Dramatically increasing rotation speed would help fix this, and be realistic, as catepillared vehicles turn VERY fast on the spot, as very different from wheeled vehicles.

Unfortunately, this would fuck all kinds of other things ingame.

Still, in theory, it would help compensate for bad pathing.
5 Sep 2013, 08:18 AM

Dramatically increasing rotation speed would help fix this, and be realistic, as catepillared vehicles turn VERY fast on the spot, as very different from wheeled vehicles.

Unfortunately, this would fuck all kinds of other things ingame.

Still, in theory, it would help compensate for bad pathing.

and the effectiveness of all tanks without turrets would also increase dramatically. not really an option
5 Sep 2013, 09:31 AM

I recall issuing a turn order to my SU-85 once, which was about 20 - 30 degrees to the left. The beast starts rotating towards the right multiple times. The repostitioning alone totally screwed up the attack...
5 Sep 2013, 14:38 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Sep 2013, 04:59 AMAbdul
I was playing against Stephen few days ago and had a perfect opportunity to flank an almost dead AT gun and damaged t34 when this happened:

Why on earth would this panzer 4 dance around the tree for 15 seconds!!!!!!?

By the time it was done the AT gun was repositioned and 1 inf squad was too close.

Wow that Panzer has got moves...shake dat ass baby :)
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★