Login

russian armor

Conscripts and Buletins

4 Sep 2013, 18:03 PM

Ok so I've been having a rather effective playstyle with the conscripts,though these buletins make me wonder what should I choose for them,I mean are they making any difference...
The curent buletin loadout I'm having at the moment is the:
-Damage
-Health
-Molotov range or Accuracy
The problem is particularly the molotov one,I don't really see the +5% range having any effect,you still have to get really close between Conscripts and,for example Grenadiers to a distance that they could shake hands...is the accuracy buletin better?
Oh and this is for Relic:Molotov ain't working on MG,the opponent just packs up,runs from conscripts,doesn't lose any squad member and when I proceed in following them half my squad is dead(poor micro I know,but that molotov is a racist)
Just asking for advice here,so please don't hate
5 Sep 2013, 07:45 AM

I'll pick +health first, most grenede & mortars tend to do 80 damages and conscript have 80HP per mode, +3% health means you can survive if you got direct hit by those
5 Sep 2013, 07:53 AM

Permanently Banned
There are a few threads that detailedly and mathematically derivemthe best bulletins.

Not that you give a shit about stats.
5 Sep 2013, 07:55 AM

Oh and this is for Relic:Molotov ain't working on MG,the opponent just packs up,runs from conscripts,doesn't lose any squad member and when I proceed in following them half my squad is dead(poor micro I know,but that molotov is a racist)

Your choice is good. And yes Molotov in its current state is a joke. I have done some testing on it with a friend and it is so random. Often you throw molotov and it does barley anything as you describe. On rare occasions however, it can burn the mg handler and the second solider that comes to handle it.
5 Sep 2013, 08:13 AM

damn nullist. way to be a dick.

joker, im guessing youre talking about 5% damage, 3% health, and 2% accuracy bulletins. these are all pretty minor differences, but thats what bulletins are supposed to be. heres the math.

damage:
16*1.05=16.8

health:
80*1.03=82.4

accuracy:
near:.5*1.02=.51 far:.25*1.02=.255

molotov range:
15*1.05=15.75

so of these bulletins, molotov range is pretty worthless. .75 range will barely ever make a difference. health will probably give you the biggest difference. weapons that deal 80 damage (mortars, rifle nade, bundle nade) will no longer 1 shot a full hp con with that bulletin. also, ostwinds deal 40 damage, so it will take 3 hits to kill rather than 2. as for the damage and accuracy, those will increase your dps, but the effects are pretty minor. a 5% damage boost or 2% accuracy boost will translate directly into a 5% or 2% dps boost respectively. so damage is obviously the better choice, although accuracy should make your dps a tiny bit more consistent.

molotov is working properly. a big complaint right now is weapon teams dont die quickly enough. relic is working on fixing that, but its not a molotov issue. molotovs dont function like rifle nades obviously. rifle nades deal all their damage on impact. molotovs deal less damage on impact, but then burn squads that remain in the area. theres also a chance for it to instantly kill entities if youre lucky. if the unit moves out of the fire right away, molotovs will not be very effective.

edit: abdul just mentioned what i was talking about. if an entity has >50% hp, it has a 5% to burn instantly. if an entity has <50% hp, the chance goes up to 10%. that means theoretically you could kill an entire squad instantly if youre lucky enough. obviously wont happen alot, but the molotov has much more variability in its effect.
5 Sep 2013, 08:21 AM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post5 Sep 2013, 08:13 AMwooof
damn nullist. way to be a dick.

Nice post, but there are threads that more comprehensively detail them.

If people bothered to search the forums back, they are pretty clearly labelled and still valid, since there has been no change to bulletins or Cons since then.
5 Sep 2013, 08:44 AM

Nice post, but there are threads that more comprehensively detail them.

If people bothered to search the forums back, they are pretty clearly labelled and still valid, since there has been no change to bulletins or Cons since then.

im sure there are, but he wasnt just asking for math, he wanted opinions on which of those bulletins was worth using. is there actually a search function for old threads? i cant find one if there is. that makes it pretty hard to find old threads, especially if you arent sure one exists in the first place. i just quickly glanced through the first 20 pages and didnt see anything on bulletins like you described. its honestly easier to just answer his question, although you have a point. if everyone does that, theres going to be a ton of repetitive threads. but id say thats a reason for them to add a search function, not a reason to stop being helpful to other people.

also, i was referring to, "Not that you give a shit about stats."

maybe you guys had a disagreement in another thread or something, but i dont think anything in his post warranted that response.
5 Sep 2013, 08:50 AM

Hp bulletins makes you take an extra bullet, giving much more than 5%. There are some really good threads Herr that explained it, but someone else will have to link.

Conscripts do 16 damage, normally takes 5 bullets to do 80 damage, but hp bulletin makes it require 6 bullets.

Grenadiers do 20 damage, normally take 4 bullets to kill, bulletin will make it require 5.
5 Sep 2013, 14:23 PM

Thank you for your replies everyone this info helped me a lot,so gonna swap molotov range for accuracy I guess since accuracy is kind of missing in the Conscripts vocabulary,weird because after Stalingrad Conscripts were already battle hardened soldiers(those who lived through it at least)
@woof me and Nullist are best "friends"...yeah,and he's a dick(sometimes)
@Nullist
1.Jezz,thanks for the help,just searched buletins and guess what...found nothing
2.Didn't ask what buletins do(I can read,LoL) I was asking whether they are effective,in particular the +5% range on molotovs because I didn't see any significant difference...so yeah I asked for advice and you jumped at my throat...thank you again and have a nice day :D
5 Sep 2013, 14:30 PM

Permanently Banned
@Nullist
1.Jezz,thanks for the help,just searched buletins and guess what...found nothing
2.Didn't ask what buletins do(I can read,LoL) I was asking whether they are effective,in particular the +5% range on molotovs because I didn't see any significant difference...so yeah I asked for advice and you jumped at my throat...thank you again and have a nice day :D

Theres a thread just 4 pages back on Central.

I find it ironic that now you are interested in stats, whereas if I remember correctly, your one of the guys who still claims Cons have less survival and dps than Grens, despite being shown stats repeatedly.

I never thought you needed an "explanation on what buletins do". Dont know where you got that idea.

I just said there are several threads with extremely accurate and factual analysis.
If being told such threads exist, somehow butthurts you, then I apologise.
5 Sep 2013, 14:36 PM

Theres a thread just 4 pages back on Central.

I find it ironic that now you are interested in stats, whereas if I remember correctly, your one of the guys who still claims Cons have less survival and dps than Grens, despite being shown stats repeatedly.

I never thought you needed an "explanation on what buletins do". Dont know where you got that idea.

I just said there are several threads with extremely accurate and factual analysis.
If being told such threads exist, somehow butthurts you, then I apologise.

Uhm please show me when I said Conscripts have less survivability than Grenadiers...irony fail :)
5 Sep 2013, 14:39 PM

Permanently Banned
So you acknowledge and understand Cons and Grens have almost identical dps and survival?
5 Sep 2013, 14:46 PM

Still not seeing the post where i said this:
your one of the guys who still claims Cons have less survival and dps than Grens, despite being shown stats repeatedly.And I don't remember you showing me any stats,guess I was drunk two nights ago...
And to answer your question,yeah they are balanced until german gets LMG at least...LMG Grenadiers rapes Conscripts(not that i mind,I make four of them at least)
5 Sep 2013, 15:04 PM

Permanently Banned
Then I mistook you for one of the cancer of ranters who have recently hit the boards.

My mistake. Glad you acknowledge and recognise stats.
5 Sep 2013, 15:07 PM

Another nooby question:if you have that Veteran Accuracy+Health buletin unlocked at level 80 and the standard accuracy buletin do both of these bonuses apply? I mean will conscripts have 4% accuracy bonus?
5 Sep 2013, 15:22 PM

Permanently Banned
Iirc, Dev said they stack additively.

So, yes.
5 Sep 2013, 15:25 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

Does anyone know how it stacks?
So if you have +2% twice is it 104% or 102% + another 2%
5 Sep 2013, 15:35 PM

Permanently Banned
Additive means you add one to the other, so yeah, 104%.
Multiplicative would be 2% of 102%.

I was surprised to hear they stack additively.
Seems pretty OP to me, but Dev seemed unconcerned.
5 Sep 2013, 15:41 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

Thanks, I heard they are reviewing the whole bulletin section so that may be why he wasn't too fuzzed about it
5 Sep 2013, 16:34 PM

Well that buletin adds to Grenadiers too,so don't know why it is considered OP by either faction
Instant pin??...now that is OP :)
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

South Africa 4
Germany 629

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak