Login

russian armor

Has anyone seen this? :))

4 Sep 2013, 04:29 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ERrqSooHgK0

Sooooo tell me...why is the IS-2,a tank that can barely survive hitting two minutes a Tigers ass more expensive...and don't give me that it had to have support,combined arms or had to flank etc...
4 Sep 2013, 04:39 AM

top 1 POS of COH history is JS-2, it sucks since alpha test, I haven't see a JS-2 like 2 month from now

I'm waiting for fanboi comment about: It's good AI and it's not suppose to fight German superior tanks head on, it's bad in history nonsense.

4 Sep 2013, 04:55 AM

Yeah 720 MP and 300 fuel for an anti-infantry unit...seems fair,Panther costs half and is non-doctrinal,spammable and here is the good thing,you need only one and is GG vs. and IS-2 ;)
4 Sep 2013, 05:16 AM

everything in the soviet arsenal is underpowered.

Tanks are a prime example. T34's had the best frontal armour, even the germans copied it. Yet, it cannot stand up to a p4, takes 4 shots KABOOM.

The soviet mg arc is pathetic, molotov is useless now, guards cant even kill a flame car, the list goes on.
4 Sep 2013, 05:35 AM

Off-Topic : Oh and they says maxim trades surpression for DPS?...MG 42 has 24 DPS where the maxim has 21...well that's balance for you

On-Topic : had a game where a Elefant two shot my ISU-152 and the ISU shot 5 times at the Elefant(managed to flank,to no avail),draining just half of the health...which raises the same question,why is ISU more expensive then a Elefant,which has superior gun,range and armor,where is logic...and again,don't give me the "It has splash damage and slices through infantry"...
4 Sep 2013, 05:44 AM

Off-Topic : Oh and they says maxim trades surpression for DPS?...MG 42 has 24 DPS where the maxim has 21...well that's balance for you

On-Topic : had a game where a Elefant two shot my ISU-152 and the ISU shot 5 times at the Elefant(managed to flank,to no avail),draining just half of the health...which raises the same question,why is ISU more expensive then a Elefant,which has superior gun,range and armor,where is logic...and again,don't give me the "It has splash damage and slices through infantry"...

They are the same range, but elefant+spotter scope is the lamest combo in late game IMO, with the T-34 ram nerf and AT nade nerf, elefant now is pretty much in-destructible. wonder when the late-game patch will come
4 Sep 2013, 06:08 AM

Conscripts(now you need 3 or 4 squads after grenade nerf)+Artillery deals with Elefant pretty good,I'm amazed it wasn't nerfed...though,had to build artillery after first Elefant kill because of Stuka Bomb...yeah,smart thing puting the recon plane and the bomb plane in the same doctrine,gg...
4 Sep 2013, 06:29 AM

4 Sep 2013, 07:01 AM
Donator 22

Conscripts(now you need 3 or 4 squads after grenade nerf)+Artillery deals with Elefant pretty good,I'm amazed it wasn't nerfed...though,had to build artillery after first Elefant kill because of Stuka Bomb...yeah,smart thing puting the recon plane and the bomb plane in the same doctrine,gg...

the doctrin is good as it is. recon plane 80 muni + stuka cost 180 muni(not sure) And there is no guarantee that the bomb hits a (mobile) unit ;)

4 Sep 2013, 07:06 AM
Developer Relic Badge
Donator 11

This video is old, IS-2 is already better now since its scatter got decreased a lot. But yeah heavy tanks are being looked at.
4 Sep 2013, 07:12 AM

This video is old, IS-2 is already better now since its scatter got decreased a lot. But yeah heavy tanks are being looked at.

Oh,so now it remains with half the health when shooting Tigers ass for 3 minutes?
4 Sep 2013, 07:28 AM

Oh,so now it remains with half the health when shooting Tigers ass for 3 minutes?

They are being looked at when early-mid games are in better condition. What else do you want?
4 Sep 2013, 07:42 AM
Developer Relic Badge
Donator 11

No, it simply doesn't have to shoot for 3 minutes to kill a Tiger giving its back.
4 Sep 2013, 08:39 AM

What? Are you kidding? Do you understand what scatter is?

That IS2 was point-blank at the Tiger's back. Scatter didn't factor in that engagement at all yet the IS2 still lost.

The IS2 is a potent infantry killer, but the KV-8 does its (Only) job better, for significantly cheaper and far earlier in the game. For a tank which can't turn its turret as fast as P4s circle-rape it, this sure is a crappy investment of 300 fuel.
4 Sep 2013, 09:09 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ERrqSooHgK0

Sooooo tell me...why is the IS-2,a tank that can barely survive hitting two minutes a Tigers ass more expensive...and don't give me that it had to have support,combined arms or had to flank etc...

Wasn't the IS-2 too close though? It looks like its gun was protruding beyond the center of the Tiger, so that IS-2 never hit Tiger's back?
4 Sep 2013, 09:12 AM

Yeah 720 MP and 300 fuel for an anti-infantry unit...seems fair,Panther costs half and is non-doctrinal,spammable and here is the good thing,you need only one and is GG vs. and IS-2 ;)

SU-85's supporting an is-2 push is a scary tought
4 Sep 2013, 10:02 AM

Permanently Banned

Wasn't the IS-2 too close though? It looks like its gun was protruding beyond the center of the Tiger, so that IS-2 never hit Tiger's back?

^ This.

May have been hitting front armor, since that is where the barrel was located.
4 Sep 2013, 10:49 AM

Tiger has 350 front 250 rear armor. Is2 has 140 pen. 56% to pen the rear of the tiget.

Is2 has 375/225 armor,tigrr has 154 pen. They both have around 40% to get through each other's front, however the tiger goes through the rear of is2 at 68%

Is2's anti inf performance is superior to the tiger's, though at that point in the game anti tank is more valuable. Try to shoot infantry with is2 while trying to soak up tank fire with it (although the tiger is better at this with more hp).
4 Sep 2013, 11:48 AM

Uuuuuhm,nope?.......as I saw/see IS-2 hits every shot in the back with the exception of 2-3 shots,which deflect...
Off-Topic(or not):I know that this epic battle got you really pumped because it was a battle which faced two behemoths,the IS-2,which means ISuck-2,which had evolved from the ISuck-1 series,the IS-1 wasn't very shitty so it had to evolve into something that would be the ultimate tank failure...Tiger tanks weould just shoot the f**k out of the IS tanks until the all godly SU-85 came(which in reality wasn't so good,it was replaced by SU-100 which did the job much,much better)...this is a story on tactics to use with IS-2,because it can't do anything besides anti-infantry and attracting attention,so just keep Tigers,Panthers,Panzers busy until you get SU-85 out
It was point blank range,you can't get a better shot from anywhere else...this was so IS-2 doesn't miss(which it does from time to time)
4 Sep 2013, 12:46 PM

^ This.

May have been hitting front armor, since that is where the barrel was located.

you haven't even check the video yet didn't you
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS