Login

russian armor

Graphic (DX?) Problem - Somebody who might help?

3 Sep 2013, 21:05 PM

Hey,

I already asked this in the "official" CoH forums, but these seem to be completely dead at the moment...and well I think CoH2.org is at least just as official if not even more ^^

I think that Im having a problem concerning CoH2s effects:

I was watching a CoH2 cast today, something I rarely do, and noticed that the graphics looked extremely different. Fire and smoke everywhere, even coming out of buildings something that is simply missing when I am playing the game.

My graphics are set to maximum in the games options, so I was thinking:
Are there things (maybe Dx10/Dx11?) that you cannot adjust in the game's options but which somehow are set automatically by the game?

(f so (which would be stupid anyway) how do I change them?

I guess all options are saved in the "configuration_system.lua" file in the "My Documents" folder (correct me if im wrong) and I could edit them there, but I have no clue what and how to edit.

So could somebody who has the game at maximum settings (and who thinks his game looks perfectly fine^^) post the content of his configuration_system.lua here? Or of course someone who knows how it works explain which values I can fill in, or of course tell me that Im wrong and that I have to do something entirely different^^

Edit: My computer is more than capable of running the game, so hardware is not the issue here. The game runs extremely smooth, but at the same time CoH2 always tells me "Your graphic settings are way too high bla bla...", because the "Recognize Hardware specs" mechanic is apparently broken, maybe that has something to do with it?
3 Sep 2013, 22:01 PM

Try setting anti aliasing and postprocessing to 0 and then set the file to copy protection (just to be sure the game isn't turning it on for god knows whatever reason).
I don't know if this is the full program but it should improve things a bit.
3 Sep 2013, 22:04 PM

Thanks for the reply, I will try that but wouldnt that reduce the image quality even more?
3 Sep 2013, 22:34 PM

You were right: It was all about turning off post-processing...isnt that supposed to increase visual quality or something?^^ Why should Relic add an option to make the game uglier?

Thank you very much, basically a new game for me right now.
3 Sep 2013, 23:09 PM
Donator 11

lol maybe that's why some people prefer vCOH graphics.
3 Sep 2013, 23:16 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Sep 2013, 23:09 PMZ3r07
lol maybe that's why some people prefer vCOH graphics.

To be honest that would explain a lot :D

The game looks incredibly better now. Who knows how many people are playing without the wonderful effects^^

Its actually easier to tell where the shots are coming from as well now^^
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS