Login

russian armor

Relic should see this

2 Sep 2013, 07:06 AM

Permanently Banned
Molotov forces it to move. Its not supposed to insta-cook it, like sov fanbois seem to fantasize.

In these replays you see Cons running herpaderp into the arc.
2 Sep 2013, 08:42 AM
Benefactor 115

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Sep 2013, 00:46 AMArac

-impolite form- because that balance section is the home of some nazi hardcore fanboys reponsibles for destroying the balance atm.

3-4% difference which includes open beta is fine.

Whats your Steam ID?

Speak of the devil...
2 Sep 2013, 08:50 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Sep 2013, 07:02 AMAbdul

the soviet player could have tried a little harder with that one squad, but look at how much fire the mg squad took and still did not die or have to retreat. That is the problem.

I agree, mg's, mortars etc take way to long to kill, but thats problem for Grens trying to de-crew maxim or mortar as well. Infact, I think the game is designed to help new players get into it by not punishing mistakes quickly like old COH did.

All I am saying Soviet player didn't do fantastic micro against some noob and still lost, like OP suggests.
Soviet player would have got that Mg42 to retreat or kill it if he didn't mess up with flame taking forever to realize that it is about to get pinned and throwing molotov on mg42 thats 3/4 through packing up alredy......
Sorry, but for me that is Soviet player mistakes. German guy wasnt even sufficently worried to stop making his bunker :rofl:

P.S. In VCOH mg would die, but also would all those pinned units on road taking so much mg fire
2 Sep 2013, 08:53 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Sep 2013, 08:42 AMtuvok

Speak of the devil...

lol
2 Sep 2013, 08:55 AM
2 Sep 2013, 09:10 AM
Benefactor 115

I agree, mg's, mortars etc take way to long to kill, but thats problem for Grens trying to de-crew maxim or mortar as well.

not really...with german infantry you can even charge heads on and the Maxim takes so long to pin that you always have time to throw a grenade. If you manage to flank (pretty easy because of small arc) their dps can take down the team quickly, and repositioning almost never works, again, because of long pin time and small arc
2 Sep 2013, 10:19 AM

While I agree that mg42 is Op'd atm (especially in the building) I don't see much wrong with this video.

The way I see it, Soviet player did good micro play to flank Mg, but German player did well 2 to micro his mg, evade molotov and pin other squads. Then Soviet player for some reason attempted to keep fighting mg'42 and supporting eng while pinned down.

Good play by Soviet, Good play by German player. Soviet player was just fractionally late on couple of occassions.

This video doesn't say much about anything

+1

The German player did an awesome micro on that 1st vid.

On top of that, in both videos we see Soviet units facing their hard counters head on. Not the best way to prove anything. Put 3 PGrens in front of a KV-8 and you will see a 30-second barbecue.
2 Sep 2013, 10:24 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Sep 2013, 09:10 AMtuvok

not really...with german infantry you can even charge heads on and the Maxim takes so long to pin that you always have time to throw a grenade. If you manage to flank (pretty easy because of small arc) their dps can take down the team quickly, and repositioning almost never works, again, because of long pin time and small arc

true, but maxim is not designed for suppression, its designed for killing squads (to nerfed atm, me thinks)

for your point, if maxim had larger arc and suppression like mg 42, you would have to give grens flames, and hoorah ability, troop transport to bypass it and sachet charges, etc.

Different designed armies, can't direct compare unit for unit.......
2 Sep 2013, 10:34 AM

why doesnt coh have melee? makes no sense
with melee soviets could flank, rush up to an mg and tie it up preventing it from just moving away to set up 5 meters away

melee would not be realistic right? ...
2 Sep 2013, 10:35 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Sep 2013, 08:42 AMtuvok

Speak of the devil...

This is Nullist:
http://www.coh2.org/ladders/playercard/steamid/76561197971504192

Do not worry, he does not actually play CoH2, or has not in weeks/months. This is why he is most definately in the top5 of biggest trolls on this forum.
2 Sep 2013, 10:50 AM
Benefactor 115

You do realize that things like hoorah, molotov, snipers, clown car with flame or snipers, mortars exist in this game.

that stuff is good and all, but when I manage to use it effectively is just because of errors from the german player:
hoorah+molotov: german player setup the mg42 facing the wrong way (with ~180° range this means that it's probably facing his own base).
mortar: maybe will deny ONE area to germans, but very slowly while you are giving up all other areas and capping power.
m3+flame: german player has unsupported mg (usually an immediate faust goes down, not to mention two mgs can just destroy the m3 with direct fire).
m3+sniper: 440mp and 20fuel, comes later, takes about one minute to take down a 240mp mg. while you're busy doing this all the other mg42s in the map tear apart everything with no problem. after that minute a scout car shows up and you can park them at your base.
just sniper: same as above. plus, even with attack move at max range it will get suppressed by the mg's range sometimes.

even if you manage to kill and even capture that mg it's no big deal for germans, it's a 240/480 mp loss, they can recover with no trouble. same if you destry the scout car or the first PIVs/Ostwind, while as a soviet if you lose your M3 or your first su85 you might as well surrender cause you've lost the game.

I've tried playing differently recently, going with Maxims, ZiS, and T34 spam, it might work sometimes but, again, you have to get lucky and rely on german errors: dislocate successfully and mg with ZiS barrage, manage to retreat the first couple T34 when they get low health and repair them so they can maass with the others later.
2 Sep 2013, 10:54 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Sep 2013, 10:50 AMtuvok

that stuff is good and all, but when I manage to use it effectively is just because of errors from the german player:
hoorah+molotov: german player setup the mg42 facing the wrong way (with ~180° range this means that it's probably facing his own base).
mortar: maybe will deny ONE area to germans, but very slowly while you are giving up all other areas and capping power.
m3+flame: german player has unsupported mg (usually an immediate faust goes down, not to mention two mgs can just destroy the m3 with direct fire).
m3+sniper: 440mp and 20fuel, comes later, takes about one minute to take down a 240mp mg. while you're busy doing this all the other mg42s in the map tear apart everything with no problem. after that minute a scout car shows up and you can park them at your base.
just sniper: same as above. plus, even with attack move at max range it will get suppressed by the mg's range sometimes.

even if you manage to kill and even capture that mg it's no big deal for germans, it's a 240/480 mp loss, they can recover with no trouble. same if you destry the scout car or the first PIVs/Ostwind, while as a soviet if you lose your M3 or your first su85 you might as well surrender cause you've lost the game.

Sorry about that post, I read someone elses post and answered ^ that, thats not what you were talking about

I re-answered yours, didnt realize you read and answered wrong replay already :(
2 Sep 2013, 11:04 AM

While I agree that mg42 is Op'd atm (especially in the building) I don't see much wrong with this video.

The way I see it, Soviet player did good micro play to flank Mg, but German player did well 2 to micro his mg, evade molotov and pin other squads. Then Soviet player for some reason attempted to keep fighting mg'42 and supporting eng while pinned down.

Good play by Soviet, Good play by German player. Soviet player was just fractionally late on couple of occassions.

There was a situation where the German player had a HMG-team with two Soviet squads (one engi and one conscript squad) behind it without any cover in that direction nor yellow cover.

That should be a definitive kill for the Soviet player unless the German player retreats. Instead, the HMG-team wipes the squad in front of it with some help from a nearby gren squad and then proceeds to turn around and shoot at the two squads shooting at it. While there may be some fail micro from the Soviet player here, the German player was worse and still won.
2 Sep 2013, 11:09 AM
Benefactor 115

true, but maxim is not designed for suppression, its designed for killing squads (to nerfed atm, me thinks)

I know it's not designed for pinning squads, but then it should make some considerable damage...right now it just doesn't scare anybody and dies immediately under mortar/rifle/bundle nade/lmg42
2 Sep 2013, 11:29 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Sep 2013, 11:04 AMTZer0

There was a situation where the German player had a HMG-team with two Soviet squads (one engi and one conscript squad) behind it without any cover in that direction nor yellow cover.

That should be a definitive kill for the Soviet player unless the German player retreats. Instead, the HMG-team wipes the squad in front of it with some help from a nearby gren squad and then proceeds to turn around and shoot at the two squads shooting at it. While there may be some fail micro from the Soviet player here, the German player was worse and still won.

I think German player knew that Conscripts do 0 damage, I think he played that one well.
(Soviet player did good to gain flank, than messed it up big time)
Out of point tho, just saying that actual video doesn't prove OP's point

I agree that Mg42 is op'd atm and that it takes to long to de-crew even after successful flank
2 Sep 2013, 11:31 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Sep 2013, 11:09 AMtuvok

I know it's not designed for pinning squads, but then it should make some considerable damage...right now it just doesn't scare anybody and dies immediately under mortar/rifle/bundle nade/lmg42

Fully agree, just about useless atm
2 Sep 2013, 11:38 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Sep 2013, 11:09 AMtuvok

Yeah, I think the first wave of maxim nerfs basically wasn't necessary. People were bothered about it firing while suppressed, not its other attributes. As it stands, the MG42 actually does better damage at everything but far range, which is frankly quite silly:

DPS: near/mid/far
MG42: 26.48 / 14.93 / 3.38
Maxim: 21.54 / 13.61 / 5.69

As it stands, the only upside to the maxim is its setup time, but what's the point if the damage, suppression, and arc are all lackluster?

Honestly, the biggest problem of the Maxim is that it has no real role. Presumably it should be effective against basic german infantry, but it really falls short here because grenadiers can always fire off a rifle grenade even if the maxim suppresses them. That generally leaves the maxim at half health, so it will either die to the next rifle nade or need to retreat. Basically it trades evenly with grenadiers and will get overpowered by 2 gren squads even if they advance in the narrow arc, so really what's the point?

I keep hearing that the MG42 needs to be better than the maxim because of oorah, but I don't see much sense in that. These are the same people who say that oorah/merge also justifies how good the LMG upgrade is. Frankly, with the latest changes oorah is overpriced for what it does - a speed increase, but the squad is prevented from firing while moving.
2 Sep 2013, 11:45 AM

relic need to see this.

Left conscript Squad failed. Should have followed the hmg after unpacking. Also, thanks to rng molotovs decide to kill much faster sometimes. Situation could have been completly different.

Nevertheless, flanking is too unrewarded, that's right. It's a problem Germans AND Soviets encounter.
2 Sep 2013, 11:59 AM
Donator 11

This is Nullist:
http://www.coh2.org/ladders/playercard/steamid/76561197971504192

Do not worry, he does not actually play CoH2, or has not in weeks/months. This is why he is most definately in the top5 of biggest trolls on this forum.

Well, that explains a lot.
2 Sep 2013, 13:12 PM

it was my choice to not trow the molotov. the flank was so good i thought it was not needed. because of course. they are giving you their backs!!. i decided to close in with engineers. because i was making a flamer to finish off the mg. because of course THE SQUAD IN THE BACK NOT PINNED SHOOTING SHOULD DROP SOMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE UNITS WHILE THE ENGINEER CLOSES. when i realize everything its failing. and in the middle of combat mistakes start to happen. long story short. always trow the Molotov. i wont make that mistake again.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

South Africa 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight