Login

russian armor

intermittent mouse issues

31 Aug 2013, 14:13 PM

I have been experiencing a new problem with vCoH ( new for me, at least ). At random times during a match my mouse will become bugged in game. The cursor is still present ( it is the CoH cursor, so I know I haven't unfocused the window, and I am on full screen ) but it refuses to select units or pan the camera across the map. Alt Tabbing doesnt seem to fix it, nor does double tapping backspace or any other way i know of. after thirty seconds or so it starts selecting units again. It's really annoying because it usually happens in the heat of battle when i am trying to rapidly micro units... so usually it ends up with my army getting screwed.

Has anyone else run into this in 2.7, and any suggestions on fixing it?
2 Sep 2013, 22:43 PM

yeah, it happens.

I think I've heard it's a graphics card issue (maybe when it gets hot or just randomnly). I've had it happen maybe 1 in 75 games kind of thing.

all my hot keys stop working, it doesn't select unit or allow you to control anything.

i used to think it was a hack or something, but I've heard a few people talk about it. It's not just on 2.7, used to happen on older versions to.
3 Sep 2013, 00:02 AM
Benefactor 115

I have the opposite bug in CoH2 :D sometimes when I'm in menus alt tabbing in and out the cursor disappears. I can still select stuff but I just don't see the pointer. Don't know if it would have come back in game, I always restarted the game
3 Sep 2013, 08:12 AM
Patrion 14

I had twice the problem i cant move my screen, but the game continues. After a few minuts the game crashes and i get an error report screen from relic. However, this was befor the steam version.

I found this about your mouse problem:
http://forums.relicnews.com/showthread.php?272644-CoH-2-mouse-cursor-corruption-issue

Check if you have one of the video cards posted in that topic. Can be your video card.
3 Sep 2013, 09:26 AM

the mouse cursor corruption is an AMD driver issue. it was supposedly fixed, but in my experience it still occurs from time to time. you can fix it be restarting your driver (go into the device manager and disable and re-enable the graphics card).

i don't think this is the issue OP is talking about though, and i have never experienced that kind of issue... sorry :-/
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★