Login

russian armor

Please fix buildings

30 Aug 2013, 16:05 PM

The RNG at work once again: buildings.

Sometimes units in them take tons and tons of damage. Sometimes you have to barrage about a hundred times with your mortars to get the units inside out. Sometimes your flamer takes forever to bbq the units in the building. Sometimes you can fire a million riflenades and the units inside remain unaffected.

Sometimes, however, you can also fire one mortar shell and the whole building instacollapses killing all units inside. Sometimes a grenadiersquad can just run up to a maxim in a building and the maxim somehow just doesn't shoot...then the grenadiers fire a riflegrenade and the whole building instacollapses.

This stuff just makes no sense. Please. Fix.
30 Aug 2013, 16:08 PM

Working as intended.
30 Aug 2013, 16:17 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Aug 2013, 16:08 PMjacko
Working as intended.

I sincerely hope you're joking.
30 Aug 2013, 16:42 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Aug 2013, 16:05 PMStoffa
The RNG at work once again: buildings.

Sometimes units in them take tons and tons of damage. Sometimes you have to barrage about a hundred times with your mortars to get the units inside out. Sometimes your flamer takes forever to bbq the units in the building. Sometimes you can fire a million riflenades and the units inside remain unaffected.

Sometimes, however, you can also fire one mortar shell and the whole building instacollapses killing all units inside. Sometimes a grenadiersquad can just run up to a maxim in a building and the maxim somehow just doesn't shoot...then the grenadiers fire a riflegrenade and the whole building instacollapses.

This stuff just makes no sense. Please. Fix.

If your flamers are not aiming directly at the units inside the building, it won't do the same damage as if they were aiming directly at them so use them wisely ;)
30 Aug 2013, 16:54 PM

and here is my second posting of this amazing video today

enjoy the madness:

30 Aug 2013, 16:54 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Aug 2013, 16:42 PMZ3r07

If your flamers are not aiming directly at the units inside the building, it won't do the same damage as if they were aiming directly at them so use them wisely ;)

I am not sure I understand, is there something you have to do to make them aim?
30 Aug 2013, 17:02 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Aug 2013, 16:42 PMZ3r07

Im sure you mean this advice in a nice way but im not a noob mate :)
31 Aug 2013, 04:07 AM

Anyone else notice that big cluster of buildings in the middle of Semoskiy is actually just a big cluster of dice-rolls?
31 Aug 2013, 04:16 AM

Permanently Banned
Id imagine there will eventually be a "building patch", that both fixes the insta-nuke and cover modifier of buildings.
31 Aug 2013, 04:20 AM
Senior Caster Badge

I have no idea why they moved away from how it worked in CoH. So I asked Quinn Duffy. Here's how it went:

COH2.ORG: Why were buildings rebalanced to provide such massive protection against small arms fire, and why was their health/resistance to collapse weakened so much, compared to the original Company of Heroes?

Quinn Duffy: Primarily because they offered incredible protection in real life. I would actually submit they collapse far more often. The new destruction system needs a few tweaks. Many of the Soviet buildings have fewer windows and openings, so while you’re taking less damage in a building, you’re also dishing out less in many cases. That being said, buildings are on our list to look at.

Conclusion: Quinn Duffy randomly changes numbers in order to make the game more realistic, even if it fucks the game up, but they're on the list to look at so chances are it will be fixed some day in the far future or something.
31 Aug 2013, 06:15 AM

^ Game play > Realism

*face palm*
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment