Login

russian armor

adding competitive cooldown

raw
30 Aug 2013, 14:54 PM

RAW is the reason this should be added forgets he searches gos AFK go see your doc mate.

some of us have to work i am sorry
30 Aug 2013, 15:15 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Aug 2013, 14:54 PMraw

some of us have to work i am sorry

RAW, if your playing competitive mode, sorry but that's your problem. I work full time, I have a house and a wife and when I play competitive mode in CS:GO, I make sure that I will be able to finish the game and I'm happy to see that players playing the competitive mode get's banned for a few days if they leave the game and abandon their teammates or else that mode wouldn't be viable.

BUT for COH, there is just not enough people right now and like I said, there is no non-competitive 1v1 automatch, so you can't be banning people for playing the only mode possible.
1 Sep 2013, 23:28 PM
Patrion 14

make it so you can reconnect and "pause" option like in dota 2

and punishment would be that you cant join another game until the game you left is over
2 Sep 2013, 00:47 AM

make it so you can reconnect and "pause" option like in dota 2

and punishment would be that you cant join another game until the game you left is over

Fully agree, conditioned that each player is guaranteed satisfaction and game experience they desire. That means that someone's game experience isn't unsatisfactory to the point of not wishing to continue with match in question.

for example: lag, abuse, unbalanced game or in case of 2v2's and higher that rest of the players aren't finding the game frustrating because of 1 or 2 of players being inadequately equipped for the game, either through their ping, PC system, skill or general attitude.

It is just a game and we should all enjoy it. Forcing players to play through the game that feels like punishment or punishing them for wishing to leave is just not OK.

After all, some of us have fun as main motivation for playing Video Game....
2 Sep 2013, 07:36 AM

A pause function with a maximum duration of five minutes that everyone has to agree to would be nice, but Relic should focus on some of the more pressing issues first.
raw
2 Sep 2013, 09:52 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Aug 2013, 15:15 PMZ3r07

RAW, if your playing competitive mode

There is no "competitive mode". There is a button I click that lets me search for 1-4 opponents. Nowhere does it read "competitive" and nowhere is it competitive.

Competition happens in tournaments. To those you sign up. If you don't show up you forfeit and are out of the tournament. Where exactly is the problem?
3 Sep 2013, 13:39 PM

Not to mention the multiplayer base in CoH2 is roughly 2% the size of CS:GO, optimistically.
3 Sep 2013, 15:31 PM

Permanently Banned
Generally speaking, I dont think a "cant play" timer is conducive to a fluid match system.

People will just log off and do something else, and end up not coming back.

Someone will immediately chime in that "well, i dont want to play with those fkers anyways", but its just bad business.

If someone wants to leave games, for whatever reason, thats their prerogative.

The real problem, as I understand it, is in the system that cant accurately pin a win on the stayer, and a loss on the leaver.
3 Sep 2013, 15:40 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Sep 2013, 09:52 AMraw

There is no "competitive mode". There is a button I click that lets me search for 1-4 opponents. Nowhere does it read "competitive" and nowhere is it competitive.

Competition happens in tournaments. To those you sign up. If you don't show up you forfeit and are out of the tournament. Where exactly is the problem?

That's what I'm saying, until the day they add custom lobbies, and define automatch as competitive, you can't have a cool down period because nothing is defined as competitive. In CS:GO , you have a cool down for the competitive mode only.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★