Login

russian armor

Theatre of war

29 Aug 2013, 13:55 PM
Patrion 14

We all know that the 1941 Ostheer units aren't the best. I am wondering how I am supposed to defeat the Soviets in the theatre of war mission, on general difficulty that is. It's always the same game, you advance without all to many problems, but then a T-34 pops out and its the beginning of the end. The paks aren't good enough imo and the Pazergrenadiers are worthless without Shreks. The 1941 P4 and Stug are worthless AT so i trully don't know how to counter. Any help please?
29 Aug 2013, 14:03 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

Which mission? If it's the one where the soviet player gets vet3 by not having the vps you need to baserush while he has the VPS with command p4 and regular p4. You cant win otherwise since he calls in so many units.
On the other maps I just won by going 5 pios or something and making a bunker covering the vps,AI has super hard time to clear it.
When you have enough cps just build howies covering the vps and voila
29 Aug 2013, 14:10 PM
Patrion 14

Which mission? If it's the one where the soviet player gets vet3 by not having the vps you need to baserush while he has the VPS with command p4 and regular p4. You cant win otherwise since he calls in so many units.
On the other maps I just won by going 5 pios or something and making a bunker covering the vps,AI has super hard time to clear it.
When you have enough cps just build howies covering the vps and voila

Well except for Schildkröteberg, I have difficulties with all the German TOW missions ( on General that is)
I feel like Relic "forgot" some units because the Ostheer wasn't all that bad in 1941.
The wierd thing was that I was playing in Odessa (vs AI) and my Vet 3 Scoutcar destroyed a T-34, did take a few, I think 3 or 4) shots but not so many damage and was annihalated afterwards by a T-70 with 2 shots...

I will try your 5pios and bunker strategy, thanks !
29 Aug 2013, 19:58 PM

You can win Rostov in general difficuty without rushing their base, I did it and with the AI ally. You need to focus on P4 (and command P4) and get vet by killing lone units, with vet2 a P4 can take a T34 with no problem. The easiest way though is to build 5-6 Stugs with a human ally and rush their base with all the Stugs at once.

All the others are easy enough with bunkers/mgs, HT to reinforce and P4/Command P4.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★