Login

russian armor

Molotov should be using fuel not munitions

29 Aug 2013, 10:23 AM

It has just occurred to me that according to molotov cocktail description it is a bottle full of petrol. So it is only realistic that it should cost a number of _fuel_ to throw instead of munitions, right? :D
29 Aug 2013, 10:27 AM
Donator 11

Same goes for upgrading flamethrowers.
29 Aug 2013, 10:27 AM

So the soviets can have even more munition floating no?
It did used fuel but after all t-34 did beat panzer4 btw , this is game and it has gamelike mechanics , not simulation so :/
29 Aug 2013, 10:29 AM

So the soviets can have even more munition floating no?
It did used fuel but after all t-34 did beat panzer4 btw , this is game and it has gamelike mechanics , not simulation so :/

Sure it is, i personally wouldn't have mind it to use manpower to throw as long as it is serving balance purposes. It's just that CoH2 did a lot of things for realism sake, like calling units off map instead of out of their buildings, so..
29 Aug 2013, 10:58 AM
Patrion 14

Well if you want that kind of realism then you should also be using munitions every time your soldiers shoot, and lose fuel when you're tank is driving :P
29 Aug 2013, 11:04 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Aug 2013, 10:58 AMCptEend
Well if you want that kind of realism then you should also be using munitions every time your soldiers shoot, and lose fuel when you're tank is driving :P

Right, like i said, i don't mind ;) I am just making fun of the game's sudden inconsistent approaches to "realism".
29 Aug 2013, 11:11 AM

It's an RTS. It's not intended to be realistic. All the "realistic" things that are done are done because they're seen as beneficial gameplay elements. Things like off map units, blizzards, vehicle recapture are only in because the devs see it as an addition to the gameplay.

Realism for realism's sake is always a moronic argument.
29 Aug 2013, 12:36 PM

It's coh, in coh we use 'munitions' and 'fuel' which are resources, not necessarily straight representations of their real life counterparts.

Just like 'manpower', an number constantly rising up that can be used for various cohlike things.
29 Aug 2013, 13:03 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Aug 2013, 10:58 AMCptEend

I do think there is the kernel for a new game in this idea. Give units a loadout of fuel and munitions and they have to either retreat to resupply or have it brought up to them at the front.
29 Aug 2013, 13:54 PM

Permanently Banned
Fun idea.

Might work if Paradox ever makes a WWII simulation ala CK and EU series.
29 Aug 2013, 16:13 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Aug 2013, 10:23 AMwarfish
It has just occurred to me that according to molotov cocktail description it is a bottle full of petrol. So it is only realistic that it should cost a number of _fuel_ to throw instead of munitions, right? :D

Teching, buildings and units cost fuel, whereas abilities cost munitions. Why would you want to complicate this by mixing it up for the sake of realism?

If you do want to add another resource I would go for something immaterial like "moral". If the "moral" of your troops is quite low you need to retreat them before they run off the field.
29 Aug 2013, 19:22 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Aug 2013, 13:54 PMNullist
Fun idea.

Might work if Paradox ever makes a WWII simulation ala CK and EU series.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hearts_of_Iron_III
29 Aug 2013, 19:33 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Aug 2013, 10:23 AMwarfish

but the molotov is a WEAPON... and WEAPONS need AMMUNITION... so, the petrol in the molotov is, for all intents and purposes, ammo :-)
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★