Login

russian armor

Road Bonuses.

28 Aug 2013, 03:03 AM

it has always bugged me. how roads only provide penalties(unless i am ignorant of a hidden buff). there is 0 reason to take roads or drive on roads in this game and the vanilla. (wich is weird). in my mind roads should provide negative cover but speed bonuses. even this gameboy game has it right

http://www.advancewarsnet.com/?g=awdor&a=articles/awdor/Terrain.html

Well-surface roads provide optimum mobility, but little cover.

what goes against the logic the most is that ICE! provides 0 negative cover. standing on ice is more beneficial than standing on road. (minus the minimal slipping, and the drowning).

i think, that roads should provide and increase on vehicle and infantry top speed (not accel). it would give a good play to maps and securing roads would become a valuable tactic on map control.

i know this will never be implemented but one can dream?

just imagine. a map based around the premise of securing roads. becoming another part of the map control meta game. vehicles would have a special move on road command. where they take the roads by default to get to a point (like a different reverse movement). mining roads would make a lot of sense instead of mining the magically specific points where every unit passes because some guy found out that is a path-node. this would work best in big maps etc etc. yadayada. i am rambling too much.

opinions?
28 Aug 2013, 03:08 AM

Roads do provide a movement bonus for vehicles.
28 Aug 2013, 03:50 AM

Roads do provide a movement bonus for vehicles.

28 Aug 2013, 03:54 AM

I'm pretty sure roads do provide a speed bonus, and apart from that roads are beneficial to vehicles because they provide a fast route unhampered by obstacles and changing terrain. Even without a speed bonus this is enough reason to want to use roads where possible.
28 Aug 2013, 04:12 AM

If it's like CoH 1, then roads provide a move bonus. As Mike.Gayner mentions, the lack of obstacles also provides an implicit speed bonus.
28 Aug 2013, 19:02 PM

hmm i was ignorant of this bonus. will try to aplly it more ofthen
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight