Login

russian armor

Pgrens need a damage reduction

27 Aug 2013, 23:25 PM

Penals do need a DPS buff so that they totally man handle PGrens at Far range, slightly out DPS them at Mid and lose horribly at Close. Other than that they're fine.

Hmm - I feel the opposite - their DPS is already more than twice a conscript squad - what they need is better survivability to keep that DPS up. In theory they should do ok vs. Pgrens if in heavy cover as their damage will be better at long range and the flamer ignores the Pgren armour and causes them to drop to the ground as they try to close but they are just so fragile for what they cost, it doesn't usually seem to work out in that ideal way.
27 Aug 2013, 23:29 PM

Pgrens are fine, penals on the other hand are shit and that 360mp is better spent on guards or another sniper

agreed, id rather see penals change their meta to be a supplement to conscript ala pgrens instead of a lol unit
28 Aug 2013, 06:05 AM

The only problem I have with Pgrens is that they have the same accuracy while moving as staying still, especially since shock troopers don't get the same treatment. I'm not saying it should be bad while moving but that kind of acccuracy is insane.
raw
28 Aug 2013, 08:36 AM

The only problem I have with Pgrens is that they have the same accuracy while moving as staying still, especially since shock troopers don't get the same treatment. I'm not saying it should be bad while moving but that kind of acccuracy is insane.

Yes. Form blob of 2-3 pgrens. A-move over map killing cons in splitseconds. Win game. Thanks for noticing.
28 Aug 2013, 11:35 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Aug 2013, 08:36 AMraw

Yes. Form blob of 2-3 pgrens. A-move over map killing cons in splitseconds. Win game. Thanks for noticing.

try to counter pgren spam with conscripts. lose game. thanks for playing.
28 Aug 2013, 11:42 AM

I wouldn't mind seeing mp44 dps toned down in exchange for more armor; that a grenadier has the same armor as supposedly 'elite' inf is not cool. This inadvertently buffs shrecks as well, however.

Increased armor would also permit them to stand up to shocks while something else (say an lmg42) lays the hurt on them.

Mp44 in their current state do absolutely mow down unsupported scrips, better than shocks mow down Grenadiers, but you're asking for it with a 1 on 1 engagement between a conscript and a panzer gren.
28 Aug 2013, 12:17 PM

Yes, Pgren's anti-infantry capabilities are just fine.
28 Aug 2013, 19:26 PM

agreed, id rather see penals change their meta to be a supplement to conscript ala pgrens instead of a lol unit

To do that, Conscripts would have to be designed in a way that made them scale well into the lategame and maintain a sufficient amount of firepower. Like a Grenadier squad. The reason PGrens don't massively overshadow Grens is because they lack the utility of a Gren squad but a Gren squad can also boost its DPS considerably. Sometimes, if you have a Muni float, it's even more beneficial to just keep building Grens and upgrading them.
28 Aug 2013, 19:33 PM
Donator 11

To do that, Conscripts would have to be designed in a way that made them scale well into the lategame and maintain a sufficient amount of firepower. Like a Grenadier squad. The reason PGrens don't massively overshadow Grens is because they lack the utility of a Gren squad but a Gren squad can also boost its DPS considerably. Sometimes, if you have a Muni float, it's even more beneficial to just keep building Grens and upgrading them.

It's been said before and I agree, Penals should be doctrinal and Guards T2.
28 Aug 2013, 22:08 PM

Using A-move with pgrens is failing.
28 Aug 2013, 22:21 PM

Why did you tell him? His posts are always so funny :(
28 Aug 2013, 22:42 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Aug 2013, 19:33 PMZ3r07

It's been said before and I agree, Penals should be doctrinal and Guards T2.

why would taking the games most underused unit and making it doctrinal somehow cause it to be used more?

why would we want to see games where shocks AND guards are on the field?
29 Aug 2013, 00:32 AM

Agree with most in saying PGs are fine but Penals need a buff of some sort
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight