Login

russian armor

House down with 1 rifelgrenade!

27 Aug 2013, 19:28 PM

I dont know really how this game is made but if a game can be won because 1 rifel grenade takes down a house with a mg team inside then there is for sure needed some changes to the game.

1 sec later

Is this game really this unbalanced or is it just really lucky shot from the oponent, that in my opinion shouldnt be possible.
27 Aug 2013, 20:13 PM

Dice rolls are apparently part of the charm of the game. (I've seen this happen a few times now) The riflenade is especially weird - besides taking out houses in a volley on rare occasions - sometimes it kills one man and sometimes a whole squad out in the open. It seems to have an especially wide range of RNG results.
27 Aug 2013, 20:18 PM
Donator 11

happened to me as well.
27 Aug 2013, 20:22 PM

I really, really hope this is a bug that gets fixed, because i can't imagine anybody with their right mind wants this intentionally.
27 Aug 2013, 20:26 PM

Permanently Banned
Something wrong with the modelling of the house.

I suspect its something related to it being "destructable", ie: built out of pieces, gone wrong.

Sometimes ordnance seems to hit some kind of crucial point and blow them sky high.
27 Aug 2013, 20:26 PM

Dice rolls are apparently part of the charm of the game. (I've seen this happen a few times now) The riflenade is especially weird - besides taking out houses in a volley on rare occasions - sometimes it kills one man and sometimes a whole squad out in the open. It seems to have an especially wide range of RNG results.

Yeah and somehow i like the system in Coh when u never really know how much dmg it will make, but the things with these rifel grenades is just too much in my opinion.
I want to see Coh 2 to be a competitive game in the future but i guess things like this could destory the chances.
Just in this situation i had i would say i lost the opportinity to grab some points and get back in the game and instead i lost the game for sure because i lost the hmg and the house.
27 Aug 2013, 20:27 PM

Permanently Banned
you dont study architecture?

27 Aug 2013, 20:40 PM

make Molotov ins-ta burn houses too! relic pliz balance!

do you have the replay? i want to see this.
27 Aug 2013, 20:43 PM

I'm glad that nades can kill units in smaller buildings. Too often seen maxims and MGs just tank grenades in buildings. That house seems a bit big to go down in one hit, though.

27 Aug 2013, 20:47 PM

make Molotov ins-ta burn houses too! relic pliz balance!

do you have the replay? i want to see this.

Yeah i have replay saved. Just PM me or something and i can send it to u tomorrow or something if u really want to see the crazy shit ;)

I agree with u competly Blovski, a nade should take out atleast 2-3 guys in a house in my opinion but a rifel grenader that takes out a house on one shot, nahhh not really my type of gaming.
27 Aug 2013, 20:48 PM

I have reproduced this multiple times in my games and each time it was a prett big :o moment. I almost felt bad for the guy I was playing

Overall though rifle nades are still weaker than guard or shock frags for multiple reasons in my opinion.

This bug should be fixed though.

I will add that it seems since the latest patch buildings in general die much quicker than before

edit: so were clear the buildings I blew up were the big houses on the left side of the kholdny center and the top building over the langreskaya right munitions. I dont know if they were damaged beforehand but they certainly had enough hp for the guy to feel safe climbing into them
27 Aug 2013, 22:32 PM

@Immortal - shock grenades are pretty dreadful, tbh. Guard grenades are probably the best in the game right now.
27 Aug 2013, 23:27 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Aug 2013, 22:32 PMBlovski
@Immortal - shock grenades are pretty dreadful, tbh. Guard grenades are probably the best in the game right now.

im not sure guard grenades should be super strong given the fact they have such armor and dps in addition to smoke. Yes I know they are expensive I just prefer shooting over nade fights
27 Aug 2013, 23:47 PM

im not sure guard grenades should be super strong given the fact they have such armor and dps in addition to smoke. Yes I know they are expensive I just prefer shooting over nade fights

TBH, I'd like shock nades to be great against buildings/garrisoned units but lackluster on the ground. Currently their grenades are just flat out worse than guard nades (which together with the PTRS rifles causing jumping gives guards surprisingly good AI functionality).
27 Aug 2013, 23:54 PM

I have seen this happen to me, to my amazement, multiple times in a single game. It was the single reason why I lost that game.

I would have been mad if I could stop myself from laughing. I saved the replay, but it is from a previous patch.
28 Aug 2013, 00:00 AM

This is a real issue that needs to be fixed.

Otherwise the Osteer can just deny any building occupation but firing a riflenade and the soviet player doesn't want to risk losing a squad so exits. Then the Osteer player can cancel the action for a refund.

28 Aug 2013, 02:22 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Aug 2013, 20:27 PMakosi
you dont study architecture?

I bet you can place a grenade on the exterior of any house and it will not crumble to the ground. The problem is, this happens occasionally in early game.

Infantry crits are one thing...but when you have a building crumbling before 2 walls are even knocked out....come on. This really should be addressed. This is not the correct answer to the molotov vs building advantage that the soviets "seem" to have in the early game.
28 Aug 2013, 07:25 AM

Permanently Banned
grenade must hitted the gas tank MVGAME
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 32
Mexico 21
unknown 17
Germany 740
New Zealand 13
United States 4
Peru 1