Login

russian armor

Integrating penal troops in the early game

27 Aug 2013, 12:42 PM

If you go straight T1->Penals->M3->2xCons the DPS can often straight up kill an MG and steal it. Not a great build in general but pretty effective if you suspect MG spam from the bulletins.

Like all Tier 1 builds, not going for guards and a sniper afterwards means you're liable to get your cut off sat on by an FHT and an MG or two.
27 Aug 2013, 12:55 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Aug 2013, 11:11 AMNullist
Hai, Warfish-san.

Penal Vet 1 ability is same as Cons, Tripwire Flare.

That could be a bit better.
27 Aug 2013, 14:57 PM

Permanently Banned
That could be a bit better.

Probably. I dont like the vet abilities being cloned across mulltiple unit types.

Consider placing one at a remote objectives to provide sight for firing units and intel.
Feasible for guarding a flank too.

Medkit, on that note, is completely shit...
For that Id recommend a 10 Muni 3s cast to recover a "wounded" model.
(Not sure on appropriate cast timer, never paid attention to how long they crawl around)
27 Aug 2013, 23:46 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Aug 2013, 09:54 AMNullist

First there is a roll to hit. Weapon accuracy / range / cover modifiers.
If there is a hit, armor gives a concrete % roll against a hit. If the roll is below that %, the hit is ignored = no damage.

Im not sure, but I think a 1.0 Armor value means a 10% chance to block the hit.

I dont know whether range reduces weapon damage, but as I understand it, a hit+failed armor roll does full weapon damage at all ranges. Its just less likely to roll a hit vs farther targets, because the accuracy is reduced.

I also dont know whether small arms can scatter on a miss, and perhaps re-roll on another model hit by the scatter.

Different infantry units also have different penalties to accuracy when firing while moving.

Ive heard some speculation that Ostrruppen should be "better in cover", but I think that is just fluff from the tooltip and that there is no actual special benefit.

Another common myth, is that there are crits in small arms combat. There are not. Lucky chained hits and several weapons firing at the same model can result in "crit-like" results, but they are not crits, just a lucky RNG chain.

Also, for completeness sake, cover modifier is reduced to 0 when under 10 units from the target (except in buildings).

Thats how I think it is. Im sure Ace4sure, Crawler or a Dev etc can confirm the formulas.

1.0 armor means it will be penetrated 100% of the time by small arms.

All small arms weapons have 1.0 penetration, the formula for penetration is
penetration / armor = % to pen

i.e.

1 / 1.5 (grenadiers/panzergrenadiers) = 66.6% chance to pen a gren/pgren squad member

Range reduces accuracy of weapons, as given on the spreadsheet, i.e. near range accuracy is from 0-10, far range accuracy is the max range accuracy of the weapon, and all ranges between 10 and max scale linearly in how they affect the accuracy modifier. Weapons always do their full amount of damage on a penetrating hit.

There ARE crits with regards to small arms fire, flame throwers have between a 10 to 15% chance PER MODEL HIT to instantly kill that model. Coh 1 also had headshot crits where you would instantly kill an enemy model, not entirely sure if that is present in CoH 2.
28 Aug 2013, 02:02 AM

I've had good experiences going with penals once I've noticed my opponent putting up a forward bunker. This means they've basically invested a unit into a building, thus giving you the lenience of purchasing an expensive squad.

Even though, I feel the cost should be reduced to 300 or 280 MP for penals. As long as you get the flank on a bunker, you've got it beat, whether with flamers or satchels. The doctrinal 120mm mortar always works best for this, but penals are good dampener to force a repair (deny capping) or inflict early damage.

Cons: They do not scale very well in late game, especially if they haven't gained vet. And, they tend to run into their own satchels... =0
28 Aug 2013, 04:28 AM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post27 Aug 2013, 23:46 PMEndeav
There ARE crits with regards to small arms fire, flame throwers have between a 10 to 15% chance PER MODEL HIT to instantly kill that model. Coh 1 also had headshot crits where you would instantly kill an enemy model, not entirely sure if that is present in CoH 2.

THERE ARE NO CRITS ON SMALL ARMS. (with flamer as an exception)

Thanks for the armor formula.
28 Aug 2013, 06:20 AM

Permanently Banned
use penals in semoskiy, their satchel charge oneshoots the houses
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak