Login

russian armor

CoH2 LADDERS

23 Aug 2013, 06:55 AM

Dear developers, please, make visible real players level from Elo+ sistem!
The new rating sistem in CoH2 as if not at all, because player is rewarded for everything, including for the defeats. The rating system of 20 ranks is simply and clearly, shows the real skill of players, and provides an opportunity right in the game (not in the browser) see the ratings of all the players.
Rating sistem from CoH was the best rating sistem of all games.
23 Aug 2013, 07:06 AM

Dude the official in-game leaderboards are still in development , you just chill now and be patient
23 Aug 2013, 13:01 PM

I saw CoH2 rating system, which they make now. It system looks like in Shogun 2 TW, but not like in CoH. I think, that CoH system was better, because consist from only 20 simple rangs, which showed real players skill.
23 Aug 2013, 13:09 PM
Benefactor 115

yeah that level 20 drop hacker and stat pusher was super skilled...
24 Aug 2013, 11:35 AM

I strongly oppose the old system of a set number of ranks, since there is a significant skill difference between the 11th ranked person and, for instance, the 172th ranked person, even though they are all level 16.

Instead, wouldn't it be good to display the rank as it is (1 - 380.000) as this is information a player eventually wants to know when playing an opponent.
24 Aug 2013, 20:53 PM

The ranking system doesn't matter at all. You knew if someone was a high enough rank they were a decent player, and the higher, usually the better they were.

All that matters if that you have a system that accurately depicts how skilled you are. If the difference between 1000 and 1500 is purely how many games I managed to grind, the system is useless. If the difference between 1000 and 1020 is gigantic, the system is useless.

All they need to do is just use common sense and avoid the pitfalls and mistakes that are pretty easy to spot by anybody. Past that, I don't care what the system looks like as long as it works and I can see it working.
26 Aug 2013, 08:36 AM

I can not agree with previous answers because I do not understand their meaning. What "drop hacker and stat pusher"? What "1000 and 1500"? And most important: why "The ranking system doesn't matter at all"? It is absolutly incorrect. Now I have is about 35 lavel in CoH2 and i was complete campaign and played about 40 multiplayer games. Why I have my rating for playing campaign if that expirience does not mean anything for multiplayer, and why I have increase my level when I loose the game? Or you think that is no absurd? And more: now I play automatch and Elo system give me a opponents sometimes about 35 lavel, sometimes about 85 level. And this is why: the system knows my real rank (1-20) and selects suitable opponent.
So, DEAR DEVELOPERS, PLEASE MAKE VISIBLE MY REAL RANK.
In original CoH I had rank Lt. And games were to achieve greater rank. What motivation to play CoH2, if i ordinary gamer and not so "geek", that I do not want to be in the first 200!
26 Aug 2013, 09:25 AM

AOE2 HD shows the ELO and it's good.
About vcoh, I always took more seriously a lvl 1-11 player than a lvl 16.
28 Aug 2013, 03:05 AM

The best thing about coh2 ladders is there that are no smurfs...well there aren't as many smurfs. You have to re-buy the game to create another steam account to use it on the leader boards. This isn't practical. Smurfing also made it much harder to rank up in vcoh, because smurf accounts were ranked up as well. Also, your post...just..meh. Coh2.org and Relic put forth the effort to provide basically a work-around leader board because it was so demanded. The official ladder is still in production.

@ ? What "1000 and 1500"? And most important: why "The ranking system doesn't matter at all"? It is absolutly incorrect.

Elo + determines your rank....Best elo + rating = #1 rank. So...do the math. This rating determines the skill level player you get matched against in automatch. Level 35 on the game is an acquisition of experience for achievements and game completion. It doesn't determine how skilled you are as a player.

That is all.
28 Aug 2013, 06:56 AM

And most important: why "The ranking system doesn't matter at all"? It is absolutly incorrect.

I cannot agree with you. Existing rating system do not shows real player skills. Yesterday I was in about on 4000-m place on the ladders, after i won few matches, my position on ladders has become about 3000 - place. It means, that my skill has grow. But developers do not show me a number of my skill! My position on ladders do not say me about my skill, because I dont know, total number of places on ladders.
I think, that developers decided accept the rating system like in Battlefield and CoD. In that games player gains XP not for victory, but for participating in the match. It was a marketing move. But, as I said, very bad move, because CoH2 is not PR-produkt, like CoD, which created for the masses.
So, the level of the player should be decrease, when the player has lose the match. But such system was only in CoH.
And I surprised that some people do not understand this.
28 Aug 2013, 07:10 AM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

Relic made one overall XP system to bring all COH2 players together.. to be inclusive to players who like compstomps, co-ops, or AI battles. There's absolutely nothing wrong with that. They wanted all COH2 players to be part of the same system in an effort to integrate the two very separate communities. Another part of this plan, with features like "Automatch vs. AI", which may seem like a joke to veteran automatch players, is to give compstompers a way to take babysteps towards automatch vs. live players. Dunno if all of this is working, but that is the idea.

XP is in no way meant to represent "skill" and was never intended to. That's quite obvious so please don't waste our time even talking about it. Your hidden Elo+ is meant to represent skill. The automatcher uses this hidden Elo+ to match you, and we see it on our COH2 ladders when you rank players by Elo+. The only change I would like to see is a decay or a seasonal W/L/Elo+ reset to weed out inactive players from the ladders.

The rest of us know that tournament performance is the real judge of skill, so if you want to see who's best, or how good you are, then watch or play in tournaments.
28 Aug 2013, 09:43 AM

so please don't waste our time even talking about it

I am truly surprised previous answers. I do not waste time, I just practise my spelling in theme, which intresting for me. Or my english is so bad, that you cant understand me. Dear comrades, I put a simple question: HOW I CAN SEE MY SKILL IN COH2?
so if you want to see who's best, or how good you are, then watch or play in tournaments

What are you saying? What tournaments? I do not need any tournaments, and where I should take them? I am already said, that I am ordinary player.
Relic made one overall XP system to bring all COH2 players together

Sorry, but it is inanity. How can bring together singleplayer and multiplayer if it is different skills.
28 Aug 2013, 10:14 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Aug 2013, 09:43 AMSixshot

I am truly surprised previous answers. I do not waste time, I just practise my spelling in theme, which intresting for me. Or my english is so bad, that you cant understand me. Dear comrades, I put a simple question: HOW I CAN SEE MY SKILL IN COH2?

What are you saying? What tournaments? I do not need any tournaments, and where I should take them? I am already said, that I am ordinary player.

Sorry, but it is inanity. How can bring together singleplayer and multiplayer if it is different skills.

Sigh dude. Just sigh.

Go to coh2.org ladder function. It is ranked according to elo+

You obviously have not been following coh2.org there are regular tourneys. (It's quite clear since you have just 8 posts).

In-game rank is xp, it isn't skill. Relic will bring out official leaderboards, don't get your panties in a knot already.

@Ami: Yeah i totally agree, seasonal reset would be great, that will also remove the need to even smurf in the first place, and would weed out inactive players.
28 Aug 2013, 13:36 PM

Relic made one overall XP system to bring all COH2 players together.. to be inclusive to players who like compstomps, co-ops, or AI battles. There's absolutely nothing wrong with that. They wanted all COH2 players to be part of the same system in an effort to integrate the two very separate communities. Another part of this plan, with features like "Automatch vs. AI", which may seem like a joke to veteran automatch players, is to give compstompers a way to take babysteps towards automatch vs. live players. Dunno if all of this is working, but that is the idea.

XP is in no way meant to represent "skill" and was never intended to. That's quite obvious so please don't waste our time even talking about it. Your hidden Elo+ is meant to represent skill. The automatcher uses this hidden Elo+ to match you, and we see it on our COH2 ladders when you rank players by Elo+. The only change I would like to see is a decay or a seasonal W/L/Elo+ reset to weed out inactive players from the ladders.

The rest of us know that tournament performance is the real judge of skill, so if you want to see who's best, or how good you are, then watch or play in tournaments.

Not to be an ass, but what I read was:
"Stop wasting our time with your opinion, Everything is just fine because I agree with it, except this one thing which is wrong because I think it should be different"

Unless you start organizing '1v1' tournaments where each player gets some random guy of the net that ELO chooses for him, and start playing all 1v1 matches in that fashion (see how you like having someone who just installed COH2 for your teamate. All your and top 1v1 community arguments on ELO and opinions on multyplayer have no credibility.

It doesn't really matter if you can or can't see someones skill level in 1v1, but it does it 2v2, 3v3 or 4v4. Since their actions impact on you, not knowing how good/bad they are is important for your strategy.

Then you also go on about noble cause of integrating 2 communities into one and how there is nothing wrong with that. There is nothing wrong with that if it doesn't affect you, I agree.
But coming from a group which by its own nature and design looks to segregate from community, come on. Playing 1v1 by default means you are segregating from community and other players, organizing 1v1 tournaments but not 2v2, 3v3, 4v4 or comp-stomper tournaments is segregationist and non-inclusive. I am writing this post on a site that segregated from COH forums (great site btw). I don't see Sepha or Helping Hans take an hour or two a day to play with newbie community, be patient with them and teach them how to set up mg or how to support inf with tanks, etc. Now I used to do this a lot in COH, and it is also how I got to be better. Through other players in Multyplayer who had some time while waiting for friends or good game.

Now you might, look this thread or delete it, be angry or furios. Try to defend it or ignore it, but deep down you know its true.
So please at least you don't have to pour salt on peoples wounds and pretend that you know what it feels like...

Personally, there is nothing you can say that can change my experience of finding an hour in busy day, for game of COH2, which is ruined for me by ELO or playing vs someone on other side of the world, which lags like hell (Australia here)

P.S. I may have connected few different topics/opinions into this answer. so sorry about that. And sorry for whine, but hey

Disclaimer: I do like this site, I don't think there is anything wrong with 1v1 (i like 1v1 from time to time) or 1v1 tournaments and I do appreciate everything you guys from COH.org are doing, and I do think Relic's attempts to integrate new players are commendable, just not the way they are trying to because it has as much negative effect as positive.

Just the way i see things :)
28 Aug 2013, 13:43 PM

Go to coh2.org ladder function. It is ranked according to elo+

You obviously have not been following coh2.org there are regular tourneys. (It's quite clear since you have just 8 posts).

In-game rank is xp, it isn't skill. Relic will bring out official leaderboards, don't get your panties in a knot already.
You was said so much, but do not answer on my question. May be you should support my proposal.
28 Aug 2013, 14:58 PM

Your question was(and I quote): "Dear developers, please, make visible real players level from Elo+ sistem!"

My answer: go to coh2.org ladders, search for your steam name, see your real rank according to elo+

I think I did answer your question.

(again sigh.)
29 Aug 2013, 09:22 AM

My answer: go to coh2.org ladders, search for your steam name, see your real rank according to elo+

You don't answer on my question again.
Please, read more attentively previous post:
My position on ladders do not say me about my skill, because I dont know, total number of places on ladders.

I already said that my rank now is 2500 and what? What information about my skill i was learned?
When system was consist from 20 levels and I had Lt. (#12-level), I knew my real rank. Now we can see only 200 top players, or maybe game was created only for 200 people. What about other 1000000, who bought this game?

I play only automatch. And I was found significant flaws in the interface:
1. I dont see the options to see level of my opponent or partner in game. And dont see statistics played matches. For example, in TW there is this option (statistics in Steam).
2. How I can discuss just played match in the chat in the game, what players in this chat is? I dont see their names in chat.
3. How I can to invite them to friends. Yesterday I have interesting game whith player, named Shark. I wanted to talk to him. But, when I search him in Steam, I see a 85 pages of him namesakes.

In good old CoH was not these problems. So, I encourages the community to support my claim about improving the ranking system.
29 Aug 2013, 10:19 AM

Not to be an ass, but what I read was:
"Stop wasting our time with your opinion, Everything is just fine because I agree with it, except this one thing which is wrong because I think it should be different"

Unless you start organizing '1v1' tournaments where each player gets some random guy of the net that ELO chooses for him, and start playing all 1v1 matches in that fashion (see how you like having someone who just installed COH2 for your teamate. All your and top 1v1 community arguments on ELO and opinions on multyplayer have no credibility.

It doesn't really matter if you can or can't see someones skill level in 1v1, but it does it 2v2, 3v3 or 4v4. Since their actions impact on you, not knowing how good/bad they are is important for your strategy.

Then you also go on about noble cause of integrating 2 communities into one and how there is nothing wrong with that. There is nothing wrong with that if it doesn't affect you, I agree.
But coming from a group which by its own nature and design looks to segregate from community, come on. Playing 1v1 by default means you are segregating from community and other players, organizing 1v1 tournaments but not 2v2, 3v3, 4v4 or comp-stomper tournaments is segregationist and non-inclusive. I am writing this post on a site that segregated from COH forums (great site btw). I don't see Sepha or Helping Hans take an hour or two a day to play with newbie community, be patient with them and teach them how to set up mg or how to support inf with tanks, etc. Now I used to do this a lot in COH, and it is also how I got to be better. Through other players in Multyplayer who had some time while waiting for friends or good game.

Now you might, look this thread or delete it, be angry or furios. Try to defend it or ignore it, but deep down you know its true.
So please at least you don't have to pour salt on peoples wounds and pretend that you know what it feels like...

Personally, there is nothing you can say that can change my experience of finding an hour in busy day, for game of COH2, which is ruined for me by ELO or playing vs someone on other side of the world, which lags like hell (Australia here)

P.S. I may have connected few different topics/opinions into this answer. so sorry about that. And sorry for whine, but hey

Disclaimer: I do like this site, I don't think there is anything wrong with 1v1 (i like 1v1 from time to time) or 1v1 tournaments and I do appreciate everything you guys from COH.org are doing, and I do think Relic's attempts to integrate new players are commendable, just not the way they are trying to because it has as much negative effect as positive.

Just the way i see things :)

Great post !
29 Aug 2013, 10:40 AM

Apples and oranges. Yes tournaments are a good judge of skill, and ladders can be as well. Just look at football for instance: they have tournaments and ladders. Doing good in a ladder is just as desired as winning a tournament like the Champions League.

If a ladder is well thought out, uses decay and has a system to properly weed out cheaters and drophackers it can provide great competition. Besides it reflecting skill it causes people to keep coming back to try and get higher up. It is what gets people hooked to the game, so to say.

In short I'd say that a ladder is both a reflection of skill, and a very necessary thing to have in a game. I don't understand why you always seem to justify Relic's bad decisionmaking. I mean, the game is great, but they really dropped the ball here and people should see it for what it really is: shit.
29 Aug 2013, 10:47 AM
Benefactor 115

The setup for a football league is completely different to an rts ladder.

In most leagues you have to play everyone twice over a long period of time.

Rts ladders are just game spamming to climb up the ranks.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 32
Peru 20
United Kingdom 42
unknown 7
United States 3
United States 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W