Login

russian armor

[2v2] Ridiculous Loss against 2 OKW

31 May 2018, 13:22 PM

Hi all,

I recently played a match as SOV against 2 OKW. The match went horribly, with my base annihilated.

I was a bit furious for the results, and I want to improve on that (I like SOV), so I am posting this review here for more advice.

In particular, during my play, I was puzzled at some instances:

1. Generally, I can't seem to kill OKW infantry, whether vetted conscripts or shocks. I can kill maybe 2-3 models, but my whole squad (in heavy cover) will be wiped regardless.

2. I tried to take houses with conscripts as soon as possible, but it seems to do no good against infantry as well. I specifically want to know if my decision to put the conscript in the house besides WP against the strumps a correct idea - I basically lost all models and only killed 1 of his model. Shame....

3. In the middle-late game, I can't seem to defend against his P4s. Zis guns miss, maxims basically wiped by 4 Volks, and generally I lost control of the game entirely.

How should I counter such build? I feel so clueless against OKW now.

Here is the replay, and any constructive comments would be highly appreciated!

31 May 2018, 14:31 PM
Strategist Badge

These guys were between 600 and 1000 ranks higher on the ladder than you, so there is no humiliation in this defeat. I haven't watched the game, however, from the sounds of it, and from your playercard there isn't much i can say to help you that isn't better explained or learnt elsewhere.

I recommend first that you pop over to Tightrope's Youtube channel and watch his Micro Tips playlist and his Coh2 Starter Series:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFxEIyV5AcCT7FycvczUUCA/playlists

I also recommend you check out the streams that are on the front page of this site. That way you can see exactly how good players are playing this game.

Then there are also loads of guides on this site.

https://www.coh2.org/guides/categories

1 Jun 2018, 13:17 PM

I just learned a new strategy for 2v2 with my Soviets.
I open Penal -> Scout car -> Penal Penal

But if you are playing against OKW, you should definitely get a mid game sniper.

1. Just keep playing more.
2. Penals blow up buildings, and engineer flamer on a scout car works too.
3. P4's will always be borderline OP; you just have to get used to that fact.

Also if you really want to stick to conscript play; you definitely should look at conscript weapon upgrade.
Once your conscripts are decked out with it; I'd recommend learning how to use the mortar effectively. Popping smoke and running through to flank, or smoking Axis infantry to make them go past it.. into your superior close ranged weapons is the best way to do it.

Allied factions have to try 10 times harder at unit preservation to succeed, and 2v2 with lots of action going around you gotta stay active.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 33
unknown 8
France 2
New Zealand 26

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %