Login

russian armor

Hammer and anvil specialization

27 May 2018, 15:48 PM

The specializations should be changed to allow a player to tailor their abilities and units to something befitting of their playstyle, rather than just picking anvil every game. Let us go over some of the abilities that they give you:

Vehicle tracking - A decent ability, but also very boring. Does not require any input from the player and unless you are looking for it you might not even notice a difference. I would like to see this ability changed to an active ability that gives your vehicles more vision for a small muni cost, similar to the vet 1 su76 ability. This in combination with war speed could really allow you to make some powerful vehicle pushes and would be more befitting of an offensive specialization.

Gammon bombs - A useless ability. Since the latest changes this ability is pretty much a glorified satchel charge. Imo this should be changed to give sections a vehicle snare and swapped into anvil. Brits really need a non doc vehicle snare and I think this would be a great way to introduce it without being overpowered. The reason Brits lack a vehicle snare in the first place is because fireflies used to be ridiculous with their vet 3 bonus and tulip rocket stun but both of those have since been toned down. Your specialization is also the very last thing you tech and therefore it would not hamper axis light vehicle play. Something additional could be given to tank hunter sections to keep them from becoming irrelevant.

War speed - This ability is fine and probably the strongest part of hammer. Very powerful when used correctly.

Comet - This tank is lacking. Very expensive for what it does and in 90% of cases you're better off building a cromwell. Considering this tank is more expensive than the panther and requires additional tech on top of that, I think it should perform at least as well. Instead of being at focused like the panther, I would like to see it be more ai focused. Buff the accuracy/scatter so it will actually deal with infantry effectively.

Airburst shells - Since we are swapping gammon bombs (infantry snare) into anvil, I think this ability should be moved into hammer. Artillery seems like more of a "hammer" ability to me and would really allow you to pummel those axis strongpoints into submission.

Heavy engineers - Fine. I would like to see their Vickers k take up an infantry slot and speed penalty removed however.

Churchill - Fine, maybe even slightly overpowered.

Thoughts?
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 66
South Africa 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak