Login

russian armor

Current SOV meta?

23 May 2018, 13:41 PM

Hi all!

I´ve been reading some posts, but all of them are from 2013-2014-2015.

Can anyone tell me wich commanders are viable for 1v1, 2v2 and 4v4 for soviets?

Right now my loadout goes with rifle combined arms, shock and guard motor. What about Lend lease? is still a viable commander? I like the idea of using shermans and dshk, but I never tried it.
23 May 2018, 15:27 PM

Guard motor is possibly the best overall commander for soviets.

Any commander with Guards is worth considering. I don’t remember the name, but the commander with Guards and conscript PPShs and the ML-20 is solid as well, mostly for the PPSh conscripts synergysing with the Guards.

If you’re going for team games, Guards are pretty much a must in order to help vs vehicles. In a 1v1 you can mitigate light vehicles and tanks in other ways if you’re crafty, but Guard Motor Coordination is still a good choice.

Short answer: Guard Motor is best, but experiment with other things too because the meta is constantly evolving. Watch some shoutcasts too to see good players and try what they try. GL, HF.
23 May 2018, 17:29 PM

For me, I like Guard Motor, Guard Rifle Combined Arms, and Armored Assault. Typically go for Guard Motor or Armored Assault against Ostheer depending on if I need Guards against light vehicles and Guard Rifle against OKW. PPSh's are really nice in the late game and Guards are pretty much never a bad choice. IL-2 is still pretty decent, T-3485's and KV1's are both good as well. ML-20 is nice for breaking OKW trucks and my personal fun commander is Counterattack with For Mother Russia Shock Troops, which is the only way they are better than Guards imo.
23 May 2018, 19:02 PM

+1 for Guard Rifle Combined Arms for 1v1 since you generally don't need to rely on heavy armor as much. PPSh cons + Guards pretty much overpower any German infantry.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 1
unknown 14

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment