Login

russian armor

AT nades and panzerfaust after 3.0.0.10242 patch

5 Sep 2013, 14:15 PM

I kinda like it. Their higher damage keeps away flame clown cars, armored cars and halftracks pretty nicely. Those units are now very high risk high reward, not sure if that is good but their effect on a match is pretty high so being able to get rid of them easier if their user makes a mistake isn't bad I think.

The penetration changes are great because it promotes flanking to reliably penetrate the rear armor of heavier tanks. Another skill factor that we don't have enough of.

What I don't like is the binary nature of them. Sure, they will deal some damage when not penetrating but the engine damage either completely slows a tank or doesn't slow it at all because it didn't penetrate.
I think it'd be better if the armor just decreased the severity of the slow down effect but this will never be implemented because of the way those effects are implemented into the game.
Their current implementation also leaves a lot of room for RNG effects. While small RNG effects can help to break up static play, RNG on binary high impact abilities is a bad thing.
5 Sep 2013, 14:27 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Aug 2013, 15:43 PMUGBEAR

AT nade now has only 50% of chance penetrating a Panzer IV, while faust still 100% instant engine damage to T-34 series

This isn't really "fair" and "balanced"...
Observed that AT grenade does more damage,but that is only when it penetrates...and no,if you hit from behind I don't think it makes a difference,hit a Panther twice from behind and nothing happened but with a third conscript squad I managed to penetrate it from the front and destroy it in the end...
Faust penetrates everything from Clown car to ISU and IS-2(don't know why I still use this shit)
5 Sep 2013, 14:49 PM

This isn't really "fair" and "balanced"...
Observed that AT grenade does more damage,but that is only when it penetrates...and no,if you hit from behind I don't think it makes a difference,hit a Panther twice from behind and nothing happened but with a third conscript squad I managed to penetrate it from the front and destroy it in the end...
Faust penetrates everything from Clown car to ISU and IS-2(don't know why I still use this shit)

It does make a difference. However, when throwing from the back you can still hit the front area of the tank, just like the AT grenade can hit the back area from the front sometimes.
Your example is just another example why RNG on those high impact abilities is bad. In that case it worked against you twice.

And no, the Panzerfaust does not always penetrate ISU-152 or the IS-2. It has a chance against them to penetrate like any other weapon attack (or the AT grenade) against them that is based on a simple (penetration/armor) calculation.
This means it has a 37.3% chance to penetrate the IS-2 from the front and a 70% chance to penetrate the ISU-152 from the front.

These chances can either work in your favor or in your enemy's favor. Just randomness.
5 Sep 2013, 14:57 PM

It does make a difference. However, when throwing from the back you can still hit the front area of the tank, just like the AT grenade can hit the back area from the front sometimes.
Your example is just another example why RNG on those high impact abilities is bad. In that case it worked against you twice.

Weird theory,will test this one more

In my rare occasions using these jewel tanks(because they are fragile) both got penetrated by first Panzerfaust fired :(...bad luck,I guess?
5 Sep 2013, 15:02 PM

It is no theory, it is how the game works... jup, bad luck can happen.
5 Sep 2013, 15:05 PM

Permanently Banned
You can also dodge Fausts by moving behind hard cover.
It impacts on that instead.

You can't dodge AT Nades no matter where you go.
5 Sep 2013, 15:11 PM

Useful info but I never managed to avoid Faust once the animation began...and you can dodge AT's,in a way,Conscripts sometimes run like retards around the tank but that AT nade doesn't come wtf? :)
5 Sep 2013, 15:21 PM

Permanently Banned
Conscripts sometimes run like retards around the tank but that AT nade doesn't come wtf? :)

Dunno what you mean.

Maybe its cos of the tank "pushing" them around, that somehow resets the cast.
5 Sep 2013, 15:53 PM

here is the new stats website:
http://coh2-stats.herokuapp.com/
5 Sep 2013, 16:43 PM

Dunno what you mean.

Maybe its cos of the tank "pushing" them around, that somehow resets the cast.

Possible...but they are fun to watch :))
5 Sep 2013, 21:09 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Aug 2013, 16:00 PMcr4wler

can't remember it being mentioned, but i would think that the rear armor would be more susceptible (don't know it though, and haven't tested it). it would be weird if not.
Can confirm the likelyhood of engine damage to ANY tank if the AT nade is thrown from behind is almost certain.
5 Sep 2013, 21:36 PM

lots of misinformation in this thread, so i went ahead and added new sheets to our vehicle/AT statistics tab.

here is the complete vehicle sheet.

and here is the penetration chances for panzerfaust

and AT nade

also, pqumsieh has told me that becuase AT nades are thrown in an arc, they have a chance to hit the rear armor even if thrown from the front. panzerfausts do not have this chance since they fly straight.
5 Sep 2013, 22:20 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Sep 2013, 21:36 PMwooof

pqumsieh has told me that becuase AT nades are thrown in an arc, they have a chance to hit the rear armor even if thrown from the front. panzerfausts do not have this chance since they fly straight.

wow this was very helpful,up until now I've been shuffling my conscripts in all possible tanks asses :) thx
5 Sep 2013, 22:38 PM

wow this was very helpful,up until now I've been shuffling my conscripts in all possible tanks asses :) thx

i havent done much testing of it so im not entirely sure how often it happens. theres also no stat i can just look up that would explain the chance of it either. my guess would be it has to do with if the tank is moving or not and maybe how close your conscripts are to the tank. thats just my guess though.

so dont expect your AT nade to penetrate a p4 100% of the time when thrown from the front, but it should be atleast slightly better than the 63% that the stats show. if youre able to, its still worth getting around the back of most german tanks. ostwind is probably the only one that it wont matter against.
6 Sep 2013, 18:08 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Sep 2013, 22:38 PMwooof

i havent done much testing of it so im not entirely sure how often it happens. theres also no stat i can just look up that would explain the chance of it either. my guess would be it has to do with if the tank is moving or not and maybe how close your conscripts are to the tank. thats just my guess though.

so dont expect your AT nade to penetrate a p4 100% of the time when thrown from the front, but it should be atleast slightly better than the 63% that the stats show. if youre able to, its still worth getting around the back of most german tanks. ostwind is probably the only one that it wont matter against.

that's why I attack the tank with 3-4 squads at once LoL,if it penetrated it would be easier to extend my fighting force throughout the map :D
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★