Login

russian armor

Requesting Review and Advices to Improve My Game

6 May 2018, 23:21 PM

I played a training match with someone decent(rank 71 Brits/OKW) a while ago.(I was on a break for 4-5 months and start playing again 2-3 weeks ago)

I think I did pretty good in early game(I am always very confident about my early game) but I don't know what I did wrong in mid-late and late game to get obliterated. One reason is I didn't put mines on middle road. If I could put some mines there it would be easy win for me, yeah. But this is not the only thing.

Comments and advices will be really helpful for me to improve my game. Thanks!
14 May 2018, 08:55 AM
Strategist Badge

I will give you a review later today :)
14 May 2018, 16:28 PM

I will give you a review later today :)

Thanks man! I will wait.
14 May 2018, 19:37 PM
Strategist Badge

Against the UC in the early game you do need either to blob your forces together, so as to out damage it, or have your MG42 in the fight.

IF you are really having problems with the UC you can go for a 222, however you need to make sure the unit doesnt died right away. If you go 222 you need to get map control with it, or make him get an AEC. If you get neither, you will get stomped by the Cromwell when it comes. Better would be to make more Grens. You can almost never have too many grens.

Make sure you keep your mg42 with other units and in support of other units. Its okay to leave a lone mg defending a vital point if you really have to, but if you can use it in conjunction with other units, do.

With that thought, make sure you dont split your units too much as alone they are much more vulnerable to wipes and much less effective.

The Cache was too far forward. Using Caches as ways to stop your cut off getting taken isnt a great use of resources unless the cut off is very protected.

A stug or two might have been good? With the double at gun it might have been shutdown hard, but having one in the back might have helped when he pushed hard. They are also very good vs Churchills :P

Overall I would say you did alright, i think your early game was pretty good, but you maybe lost some focus and left some units idle. Having a plan is sometimes the best thing you can have in a game, as it gives purpose to your decisions. Even if its a vague plan, having something in mind when you start a match :)

I hope this helps! Dont be afraid to ask more questions.
15 May 2018, 16:44 PM

Yeah, Stug instead of 2nd P4 could help me more. I placed cache there because i was floating with mp and wanted give my cut off little cover but forgot Brit base arty. When i watched the replay i saw i forgot some units to die far away from main combat.

I think the unluckiest thing in this game was one shotted mg-42 from brit arty after got his UC.
17 May 2018, 11:56 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 May 2018, 23:21 PMAyro

I played a training match with someone decent(rank 71 Brits/OKW) a while ago.(I was on a break for 4-5 months and start playing again 2-3 weeks ago)

I think I did pretty good in early game(I am always very confident about my early game) but I don't know what I did wrong in mid-late and late game to get obliterated. One reason is I didn't put mines on middle road. If I could put some mines there it would be easy win for me, yeah. But this is not the only thing.

Comments and advices will be really helpful for me to improve my game. Thanks!

I would argue that being in the top 100 bracket of the games justifies being called more than "decent" :P

Also don't be too hard on yourself as this guy is more that 500 ranks above you and has played thousands of more games than you.

So at the end of the day it's probably hard to give a completely just review of a game with such a large disparity.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS