Login

russian armor

Looking for help against grits in 2v2

2 May 2018, 15:53 PM

I've recently come back to the game, and have experienced a lot of difficulty dealing with the brits in the 2v2 setting. I find a lot of their disadvantages are offset by having a teammate and it allows them to squat down and defend very effectively.

This usually consists of vickers, sections, a few at guns and a pit usually followed by a centaur that murders all my infantry if I try to attack and later fireflies or comets.

I'm just looking to get some general ideas, as I'm not sure what I should be doing. I'll put up some replays once I'm home.

Thank you.

PS mods change topic title please.
3 May 2018, 01:31 AM

4 May 2018, 14:51 PM
Patrion 14

Brits in 2v2 are heavily reliant on their ability to hold ground in cover, their AEC for push power and are hampered by static indirect placements.

As wehrmacht you should consider getting a sniper first against them in almost every setting (probably not urban). Their 4 man model squads mean that every sniper shot reduces their capability by 25%. After one or two shots, small pushes even with pios will win engagments against their positions.

If they chase your sniper, they have to face either an MG or gren wall. This will force your opponent to rush a UC, AEC mor their own sniper to deal with yours.

The proper response for the UC is to continually threaten it with grens, or bait it into an MG with incendiary rounds.

The proper response for an AEC is a rushing a pak, 222 or well place teller. Use your grens to deter the AEC while applying damage with your sniper. The 22 can win a fight against the AEC if a gren can land a faust. Alternatively, bait the AEC into a teller using your sniper.

The proper response for a sniper is to either build a 222 and rush it, or counter snipe him whiel he's out of position. To help you with this you may want to consider a doctrine that has air recon. Often both of your snipers will be cloaked but within range of one another, popping air recon will reveal his sniper - allowing you to quickly snipe him. A 222 will let you control the sniper while still applying damage with your own.
4 May 2018, 21:43 PM

Thanks for the help Troyd.
5 May 2018, 17:23 PM

Since brits are campers, the mortar halftrack is a good choice in 2s.
You even get a tiger with it.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS