Login

russian armor

ISU-152 in 1v1: Thoughts?

21 Aug 2013, 23:14 PM

How many games does someone field this in a 1v1? I think I've done it like 3 times, but in each of those, I would have easily won without it.

just because something isnt popular in the current meta doesnt mean it should be ignored balance wise.

as I said in the OP a soviet player used an isu152 to come back completely from losing control of the map to a german player in the TFN langreskaya finals

I put 1v1 in the OP since thats what I play, but im sure it pops up often enough in team games
22 Aug 2013, 00:41 AM

I agree that ISU152s are a bit too strong in general. This is much more of a problem in team games than 1on1 though.
22 Aug 2013, 02:44 AM

ISU 152 should have its skill shot range amplified. its kind of useless. i mean other units get to wall hack for free don't you think?
22 Aug 2013, 12:57 PM

just because something isnt popular in the current meta doesnt mean it should be ignored balance wise.

as I said in the OP a soviet player used an isu152 to come back completely from losing control of the map to a german player in the TFN langreskaya finals

I put 1v1 in the OP since thats what I play, but im sure it pops up often enough in team games

Oh I play 2v2 fairly often with a friend, and I pick the ISU doctrine if we've had equal fuel income with the Germans. Yes, it's a potential game changer, but it almost never comes out fast enough to do anything. By the time you can amass that many command points and fuel, the game is likely over. You'll need at least one SU-85 first, so yeah... good luck getting that much fuel. The thing SHOULD be powerful for its cost. There were quite a few times in CoH where the tide was completely turned when the Germans fielded a King Tiger or Jagdpanther. Elite call in units should be game changers, especially if you allow your opponent to amass that many resources.
22 Aug 2013, 13:13 PM

The games I've been able to buy a ISU152 I noticed that both aggressive p4's and elephants can put a dent in it, so you have to cover it with SU85s putting the fuel required for the combo very high. The price and the support you need for it coupled with it's seemingly somewhat slow reload and far from guaranteed chance to murder a infantry squad is definitely something to consider before ranting that his unit is OP.
22 Aug 2013, 14:36 PM
22 Aug 2013, 15:10 PM

Your assumption that ISU152 doesn't require combined arms is entirely wrong. I saw a replay where unsuported ISU152 got raped by 2 panther or P4. Yes..if you stay in front of it it will kill you but if you move close to it it's pretty easy to kill.
Also if the guy from you story , had the resources to build ISU152 it means he was NOT outplayed. In 1v1 is very rare you reach a point in the game to have resources for ISU152.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★