Login

russian armor

Hello Community

12 Apr 2018, 05:17 AM

Hello.

Recent events so bewildering have prompted me to think about my future playtime with CoH2. After much deliberation I have decided that I will make this post. Also, it's because generally, I like to be open and get attention to things that I want to talk about. I am also aware that Public Naming is not allowed on the forums here, so if for some reason you're really curious to know, you can PM me and I'll send you screenshots.

Before beginning this post, I will forewarn that if there's anything in this post that offends you in any way, then please refrain from reading this post. I ask that you take care of yourself by avoiding things that will offend you. So if this post will offend you, then please avoid reading this post.

-----

When I play this game, I dedicate the playtime as "for fun" and to pass the time. The reason why I play this game is because I enjoy it. I also like to create. So when I found out that the game has an official Modding Tools, I tried it out immediately. It is a really primitive tool. It only provides the bare basics to modders. But that's more than enough right now, with the current state of the game.

After messing about with the tools, I have made my first solidified mod. I don't count my other mods (which is set to Private status to me) because they're just meant for me to learn the Modding Tools. This mod of mine has polish and a personality to it, and I can't be any more prouder with myself about what I've made. It is like a success to me. It is, of course, still not complete. But it's solidified. I made the mod because I grew tired of normal coh2 (vanilla) gameplay, and the other mods on the Workshop only offered partially what I'm looking for. This mod is my side-project. Outside of all this, I have my studies to focus on. This mod is as much a project as it is made "for fun".

Whenever I host this mod publicly, I know the chance of getting Negative Feedback/Hostile Response is about 55%. I say it like this because I am aware of the general toxicity of the coh2 community. I'm not saying that everyone in this game is toxic, but I'm just putting things in general to make things easier to understand.

Generally, I am amicable. But I am young. I have my flaws. I can lose my patience, and lose hold of my amicable disposition and make everything worse by being rude or temperamental. Whenever I'm tackled with toxicity, I always have to make the decision to either Not Say Anything or Say Something. Usually when I Say Something, it quickly digresses to being insulted. That's when I know that I made a mistake and I should have just Not Say Anything, in the first place.

But it's fine. You can say anything you want to me. The fact is that I cannot control you. Besides me, maybe there's something in my mod that offends you and that's fine, you can tell me. But the fact remains that no one is forcing you to play my mod. If you don't like it and you want to voice your opinion, that's really fine > just Say And Leave. And why do I put it like this? Because honestly, I don't think I deserve it whenever you use personal insults (when I snap once, but you have been snapping for 10 minutes straight). And honestly, I don't see how using personal insults like calling me "dumb" or "autistic" or using racist-remarks have anything to do with proper Constructive Criticism, much less when you have demonstrated the fact that you failed to Read The Description that's right in front of you on your monitor screen, or demonstrated your immediate reliance on Toxicity when people (fine, let's use me) tell you to Read The Text.

Yes, sometimes when I do tell you to Read The Text, I tell it to you in a less than amicable way (because I lost it and let irritation get to me) and that's my wrong, I'm sorry.

Maybe I might be missing something throughout my entire experience so far with this game's community, but from what I take from dealing with people outside of the internet vs on the internet, it's a really different scenario. Sometimes I feel like I'm not communicating with real people at all. Or maybe I'm just not handling it correctly.

But my point is, the next time you see me hosting my mod in the Custom Lobby, think twice before joining. Why do I say that? Because -

1) Sometimes, you are actually spamming double left-click just to quick-join a room
1a) and because of that, your intention is to find a Normal Match instead of a Mod
1aa) My suggestion is to use Automatch instead.

Situations from 1) - Most of these people will call the mod dumb and leave immediately during Match in-game. This isn't the most Constructive Criticism because their only playtime with the mod is less than 5 minutes.

2) You see the lobby with a mod you've never seen before, and you want to try it
2a) you tried it, and you voice your opinion in a polite manner (like/dislike) and announce your leave
2aa) I like this, because it is Good Behaviour
2b) you tried it, and you don't like it so you decide to insult my Intelligence, my Social Life, the assumption of what my life is like, because I made this "dumb mod"
2bb) I don't like this but I cannot stop you. Go ahead and be toxic.

3) You don't understand something while playing the mod
3a) I tell you how it works
3aa) You understand, and you continue playing
3aaa) Thank You
3bb) You don't understand, but you continue playing
3bbb) I'm sorry I couldn't help you to understand
3cc) I tell you, but you digress to insulting me in the form of 2b)
3ccc) I really don't understand, but I'll either Not Respond or Respond
Respond-version) A very bad conversation at the end of the day
3a1) Language Barrier
3a1a) Never mind, this is unsolvable because my mod is in English. So it's not your fault but mine.

Reverse Situation - It's Me

1) I Am Behaving Rudely
1a) Please accept the fact that yes I'm being wrong, but please don't let that affect your experience with the mod. If anything, please accept the fact that I regret being Rude or Toxic right after all's said and done.

With all this said, thanks for reading. I wish you guys a good day.
12 Apr 2018, 07:46 AM

You're in the wrong place on the internet 8if you expect sympathy and constructive feedback, trolls even lurk on these same forums and try to disagree and humiliate you even if they're wrong.

As modder with an opinion I decided that I will only mod for myself and consider any good feedback I receive from the small amount of people that actually give it to me. Also, learn to be thick skinned, it helps a lot not to give a fuck in both the internet and in real life, people are just assholes and it's best to just keep your shield high as to deflect their bullshit, don't give them the satisfaction.

If you get angered, they have already won, so remember that.
12 Apr 2018, 08:29 AM

You're in the wrong place on the internet 8if you expect sympathy and constructive feedback, trolls even lurk on these same forums and try to disagree and humiliate you even if they're wrong.

As modder with an opinion I decided that I will only mod for myself and consider any good feedback I receive from the small amount of people that actually give it to me. Also, learn to be thick skinned, it helps a lot not to give a fuck in both the internet and in real life, people are just assholes and it's best to just keep your shield high as to deflect their bullshit, don't give them the satisfaction.

If you get angered, they have already won, so remember that.

True. The one purpose of all these trolls is to make people feel bad about themselves. In the future I should just completely ignore them.

The harder ones are the genuinely angry people, whom take everything personally. I really don't know what's the best way to deal with this kind. Do you have any suggestions for this one?
12 Apr 2018, 10:14 AM

True. The one purpose of all these trolls is to make people feel bad about themselves. In the future I should just completely ignore them.

The harder ones are the genuinely angry people, whom take everything personally. I really don't know what's the best way to deal with this kind. Do you have any suggestions for this one?

Just ignore them, if you have any smart come backs to roast them with just say/write them and pull out, let them fry in their own delusion of being right.

If in game just leave the match, teammates that are hell bent on destroying your base is a tough one that is extremely hard to deal with, if you leave again they think that they won but in reality it's just you having to deal with less bullshit and frustration really.

If in real life however it becomes a huge problem, especially as the person can plead that he's insane and tries to sue you over pushing him back if he becomes a physical annoyance.

If he's just trying to be a vocal/mental annoyance you can just block em out.

Words and letters are sounds we give meaning to, so if you just ignore them they can't do anything to you.

Avoid confrontation if possible, if not be ready to make a move and pull out, if that's not an option as well just stand your ground.
12 Apr 2018, 12:59 PM

This is more of a competitive community on this website, so I wouldn't expect much feedback of any kind really, as mods are not meant for competition.

That said, on the rare occasion I look at custom games there are at least a half dozen different mods being played, but I don't know where these people hang out to discuss mods. Steam groups maybe?

12 Apr 2018, 14:44 PM

Steam groups maybe?

Steam groups, and this sub-thread https://www.coh2.org/forum/43/modding-and-tools

Also welcome to the community.
12 Apr 2018, 19:43 PM

Welcome!

Also this thread would be better under the modding subthread as VonIvan pointed out. Always willing to try out new mods even if the modding tools for CoH2 are not the best.
12 Apr 2018, 20:43 PM

Just ignore them, if you have any smart come backs to roast them with just say/write them and pull out, let them fry in their own delusion of being right.

If in game just leave the match, teammates that are hell bent on destroying your base is a tough one that is extremely hard to deal with, if you leave again they think that they won but in reality it's just you having to deal with less bullshit and frustration really.

If in real life however it becomes a huge problem, especially as the person can plead that he's insane and tries to sue you over pushing him back if he becomes a physical annoyance.

If he's just trying to be a vocal/mental annoyance you can just block em out.

Words and letters are sounds we give meaning to, so if you just ignore them they can't do anything to you.

Avoid confrontation if possible, if not be ready to make a move and pull out, if that's not an option as well just stand your ground.

I really wished CoH2 had an in-built mute button. It would make this so much easier :/ But, thanks for the advice. I'll do my best to put it into practice.

This is more of a competitive community on this website, so I wouldn't expect much feedback of any kind really, as mods are not meant for competition.

That said, on the rare occasion I look at custom games there are at least a half dozen different mods being played, but I don't know where these people hang out to discuss mods. Steam groups maybe?

Steam groups, word-of-mouth, Steam List Friends, forums etc.

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Apr 2018, 14:44 PMVonIvan

Steam groups, and this sub-thread https://www.coh2.org/forum/43/modding-and-tools

Also welcome to the community.

Welcome!

Also this thread would be better under the modding subthread as VonIvan pointed out. Always willing to try out new mods even if the modding tools for CoH2 are not the best.

If you want to try out my mod, send me a PM here I'll send you my Steam Name. The recent amount of toxicity (unreasonable) has given me enough reason to reset the mod's visibility status back to Unlisted, so only people on my Steam List can view and play it.

In hindsight, this blocks out public feedback for the mod but I think allowing my patience and sanity to recover for the time being is good enough for me.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

United Kingdom 155
unknown 5
United States 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak